Grow Mediums Dutch passion Auto X DWC + Royal Cheese Coco Autopot 690w LED

Lol.. Dex my friend.. You see that little button on the bottom right of a post.. It says 'reply with quote'.. Just click that instead of writing my whole post out bro.. It'll do it for you..

Yeah.. Whatever your feeding that has the most calcium in it.. Dissolve it first.. Before anything else with NPK... Ok :smokebuds:

Vick I don't understand why you want to start splitting the A & B parts to your feed.. They are two different parts that together make a balanced feed for you plants.. Who is telling you to split them & just use B?? Certainly no DWC grower anyways.. Coz they're leading you up the garden path bro.. Use A+B together.. Period.

Start your babies in your res @ .8-.9 EC of A+B.. pH 5.6 no higher!! Ok.. If you have a root stimulant put it in at full strength.. Ok

If your gonna use any cal/mg supplement.. Always ALWAYS..dissolve this into your res first before ANYTHING else.. Another reason NOT to be dropping the A part of your feed.. A has the calcium in it.. Plant needs cal Vick.. Especially under LED.. Simple..

:smokebuds:

Talking seedlings that just broke soil. A small bit of B is all they need.
Really they need nothing for the first week at all, but phosphorous will help them establish roots.

0.8 to 0.9 is a bit high for a sprout isn't it?
Could be the different brand of nutrients.
I know GH nutrients I've tried so far pack quite a punch. You really don't need high EC's.

I'd burn the living shit out of my TD's if I ran that.
I generally can't get to .8 for about 3 weeks without showing burn.
The background from my mountain well is 9ppm though. Not sure what your background is, or how you factor it into your feed.
I'm pretty sure RO water at 0.9 EC would fry any auto seedling I've tried.
I usually can't push past 1.1 EC during full flower without leaf curl, or tip burn.

Not trying to lead him down the garden path. (You know I'm FULL Hydro :head: )
Many root tonics are nothing but phosphorous and micros.
Just a little trick with FloraDuo to give them a healthy start.
(I ran nothing but FloraDuo for the last year)

Peace.
Tav

Last edited:
Not sure about this not useing the a+b together but not knocking it and i personally start with a very low ec and ive got a jungle at the moment just remember sometimes " slowly slowly catch the monkey " just go eazy and they will reward yous imo :peace:

Just got off work to see all these posts lol. :group::joint::bow:

That is EXACTLY why I went with tav's advice.. Because we have the same nute line and we both start in RO water.. So, by seeing his grows starting out beautifully (not implying everyone else's is shit lol), I would assume the growth would be the same.

Not only that, but I've touched base on this before in my previous thread.. When I used the lucas formula with flora micro/bloom my first time in hydro, I had NO problems before my tent collapsed... Just TONS of growth. That formula is made up of mostly phosphorus from the beginning! The seedlings grew and rooted so fast, I couldn't even believe it..ALL 5 of them, no problems... I don't know why I didn't repeat it. I just felt curious to try the flora-duo with the normal feed schedule, thinking I would get even better results with it.. For proof, look at the purple kush x northern lights album on my profile..

I'm ditching the scrog idea so I can see where this grow will lead me. Like vira said, I have to do my first full successful grow before fucking around with innovative shit. Gonna setup an LST screen fitted to the bucket lid like komach has in his logs. Still leaving the pump in the res as it really does drain water quickly... Good for emergencies. Maybe one day I'll live my scrog dream.

Here's what the pump looks like:
IMG_1425.jpgIMG_1426.jpgIMG_1427.jpg

Came back to see auto x busted its head out of the rapid rooter and seeking out some light. Royal cheese is catching up. Pics later. :booya:

Last edited:
Ok... I wrote that & posted before I'd read all these posts.. Lolz.. :smokebuds:

EDIT:.. Yeah Vick I shoulda remembered that your using RO water.. & you buffer it with cal/mg first.. So... Yeah.. I forgot.. Sorry blood... Friends??.. Lol

bff 4 lyfe lolol no biggie man :slap:

Aha, I see you are using those fancy air diffusers. :boob:
I would love to try em... But I'm cheap, lol.

Last edited:
Aha, I see you are using those fancy air diffusers.
I would love to try em... But I'm cheap, lol.

lol they're a pretty cool investment. Gonna last me a long time for sure. Maybe I'll get you one for your birthday :p :rolleyes::crack: Your ebb and flow system blows my system away though.

We'll need to get a wee HIJACK sign ...............he he..................mon the coco :rofl:

lol they're a pretty cool investment. Gonna last me a long time for sure. Maybe I'll get you one for your birthday :p :rolleyes::crack: Your ebb and flow system blows my system away though.

That thing puts out more air into your 5 gallon bucket than what I've got going into my 50 gallon res, lol.

I don't think trying to marry one nute schedule from one system ,to a completely different system is going to work ???.Tavs grows are Killa no doubt ,so are all the DWC ones ive seen , but there seperate systems .. If i was doing a 4x4 flood & drain ,I would follow Tav to the letter ... or DWC follow Kuch ect ... mixing them up is already causing some confusion i recon :shrug:

Back