Grow Mediums Dutch passion Auto X DWC + Royal Cheese Coco Autopot 690w LED

:pop: very nice setup bro :head::slap::peace:

I never ever scrubbed my buckets during a res change.. Just emptied it out & gave a swish round with my hand or a clean dishwashing sponge using fresh running water..

Vick I don't understand why you want to start splitting the A & B parts to your feed.. They are two different parts that together make a balanced feed for you plants.. Who is telling you to split them & just use B?? Certainly no DWC grower anyways.. Coz they're leading you up the garden path bro.. Use A+B together.. Period.

Start your babies in your res @ .8-.9 EC of A+B.. pH 5.6 no higher!! Ok.. If you have a root stimulant put it in at full strength.. Ok

If your gonna use any cal/mg supplement.. Always ALWAYS..dissolve this into your res first before ANYTHING else.. Another reason NOT to be dropping the A part of your feed.. A has the calcium in it.. Plant needs cal Vick.. Especially under LED.. Simple..

:smokebuds:

Last edited:
I never ever scrubbed my buckets during a res change.. Just emptied it out & gave a swish round with my hand or a clean dishwashing sponge using fresh running water:

Would you say that little clean when swapping is important Kush ?... Or would a scrog work fine with a bucket ?. Theres no way I could clean my oxypot now with the root zone in there(I have trouble getting the EC meter in there for a reading if the res is low) ,& when I swap it out theres always loads of bits of root n shit floating about (looks like noodle soup after a week ). I would have thought if its not cleaned at all you would get blockages , salt build up ,blocked stones ect .:shrug::group:

Yeah Vira like I said... I just give a quick rinse with a sponge.. Every change.. Your always gonna get some broken roots in your bucket.. & I'd say yes it's very important to get that shit outta there every week.. But you don't have to sterilise your equipment every week.. Just once after harvest at the end of the grow.. With H202.. Twice :D

Scrog ain't gonna work with DWC.. Not a chance.. Eeb & flow yes.. DWC no..

K cheers Dog:group::group::group:

Way hay found you Vick , good luck with your new adventure mate and hope all your buckets have green hair

:slap: to the max for sheer determination my friend and if you keep the updates like you have and also debate points with the guys you'll save many a new DWC grower from trouble

and mind plenty photos , good vibes and loads & loads of green karma comeing right at you mate :vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe: :worm: though id throw the worm in for the organic guys :peace:

Ps , and remember it does'nt matter how you grow were ALL after the same thing :buds: and :peace: to yous all

Pps , need to spread the love do you take an IOU, lol :peace:

Vick I don't understand why you want to start splitting the A & B parts to your feed.. They are two different parts that together make a balanced feed for you plants.. Who is telling you to split them & just use B?? Certainly no DWC grower anyways.. Coz they're leading you up the garden path bro.. Use A+B together.. Period.

The plan doesn't completely nix out A. Phosphor (B) will be used in week 1 to promote root growth as I've read from different sources that the seedling needs it more at that time. At week 2, A (nitrogen) will be introduced and in week 3 (preflower), more nitrogen (A), will be used over B. During bloom, lots more B will be used instead of A, with nitrogen slowly being nixed out mid bloom. I'll look into using rapid start when the first leaf set shows up and the first roots hit the res. The last two times I used it in the seedling stage, it caused problems. I wasn't the only one.. Did some research and saw the same. Gonna play it safe on that.

As for scrog in dwc, I did provide a link to a grower that successfully got away with it, with many pics to prove it and his final yield was 8.4zips of a white widow photo from one dwc bucket and he had one of the healthiest, biggest, white rootballs I've seen in dwc. So..idk about 'not a chance' ;) :wiz::rolleyes:

I've installed a small pump, placed in a filter bag at the bottom of the bucket with a hose running out of the bucket. Tested it last night with the lid closed and it works like a charm. It allows me to siphon out the res water in about a minute without opening the lid. I can use this method every day to pump out a cup, to test ph/ppm. Gonna drill out a small hole for inspection at the top lid to monitor water levels and to refill water.

This method, if used with a scrog, will NOT allow me to open the lid after a scrog is fitted. I haven't set it in stone to use a scrog just yet.. as I've seen komach and others use a pretty cool small screen fitted to the lid for LST use. I'm just a little paranoid about my grow space getting cramped, so my bad if I've rambled too much on this scrog dream. I know it'll be a bitch..

Thanks for chiming in man :slap:

If your gonna use any cal/mg supplement.. Always ALWAYS..dissolve this into your res first before ANYTHING else.. Another reason NOT to be dropping the A part of your feed.. A has the calcium in it.. Plant needs cal Vick.. Especially under LED.. Simple.. ( kush Ts post )

Kush T , hows you mate , what is the script with the cal/Mg going in first mate sometimes i put my root stim in first then the Mg but this is then shaken vigerously then the a&b, cheers buddie :peace:

Back