hello people,my friend is helping me to build my diy cob light with citizen 1212,clue 048.
he is amazed with they low price and quality.

he has some mars hydro II 1200 panel,it draws around 500w from the wall.
he was thinking of upgrading it with cob and get better efficency,lumen etc..

what cobs and number of them do yo recomande for mars 1200?
covering 4x4 foot space..

but cree are to expensive..citizen or vero would be nice?
he is also planning to put better fans,quieter ones and better ones..
thank you
How many drivers in that panel? And I would changed the heatsink in that and make it the mounting platform for the cobs like I did..

im not realy sure,i have my own diy light..im building it,half progress.
and im not sure about number of drivers in mars 1200.

is was hoping for some answers from you guys :)

i would pass all infor from you to my friend..
we where thinking that those cobs would run much cooler and better that those 5w led diods.

you think it woud be much better and cooler to upgrade heat sink also?

we were thinking only about cobs and fans..but ii it would be much better..we will change heats sink,no problem

i think mars 1200 has two drivers,thats the only thing i found on internet

Last edited:
im not realy sure,i have my own diy light..im building it,half progress.
and im not sure about number of drivers in mars 1200.

is was hoping for some answers from you guys :)

i would pass all infor from you to my friend..
we where thinking that those cobs would run much cooler and better that those 5w led diods.

you think it woud be much better and cooler to upgrade heat sink also?

we were thinking only about cobs and fans..but ii it would be much better..we will change heats sink,no problem
I would need to know the drivers in the 1200 in order to give you accurate info on how many cobs to use.. they switch things up I did one COB per driver in my 300 so 2 COBs but the 1200 may have a few small ones or a couple big ones..

Here look at this thread

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/finished-my-mars-to-cree-today.51351/

better then original,i like it ripper.

i will contact mars hydro about driver..then i will post it here so that you can help me.
no rush

thank you :)

Maaaan I thought there was going to be a journal on the build.

Ripper is right, getting some inside photos would be even better. Typically 2 clu048 1212's per driver assuming 86v 650ma like the rest of their lights

there would be,dont worry bigsmo..i just dont have much time..and i had problems cutting and finding l profiles..:)
il make my promise..

i hope they will inform me well about drivers..we will se..i couldnt find anything else on iternet expect this text:
So what I did was replace the drivers with 2 Meanwell 2.1A Drivers running Vero 29 Gen 7 at 3000k CCT.

I am pulling about 480W of COB which is around 505 or so total with driver.
My PPFD is around 966PPFD with about 20 PAR Watss a SQ/F.

Attachments

• 1uN0kNG.jpg
    1uN0kNG.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Ipc2W4s.jpg
    Ipc2W4s.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
From an efficiency stand point cobs are 2-2.5 times more efficient. Heat to Light ratio.

For instance 100w of mars would produce around 20 par watts and 80w of heat.

Citizen 1212's at 100w would produce around 50 par watts and 50w of heat. So watt for watt replacement is well within what the heatsink and fans are rated for. Going less will only help the cobs last longer and run more efficient.

Yes delete it and just cut and paste the info. Maybe crop the pic

That build was not necessarily a conversion and a complete build. I'd like to help but you really need the driver specs. Production panels often change the internal parts keepin the same specs. Open it up and get a peek then we can help. If you need to buy now plan on 6-8 1212's for the light or possibly 6 1812's. 4-6-1825's

realy encouraging info bigsmo..like for that
i will check with chinese guys about driver,just to be sure.

Back