Heres a couple pictures. It easier that typing a 3,000 words

The one picture is of the label on the back of the fixture. Im guessing thats a total of all three drivers and not there individual ratings?
(Dont worry, i'll never be repairing vehicles or airplanes that you might be riding in. So you can feel a little safer in the fact I know none of this information)

Attachments

• 1475909257332-1484261978.jpg
    1475909257332-1484261978.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 14759095328371401340509.jpg
    14759095328371401340509.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 1475909628522382986760.jpg
    1475909628522382986760.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 152
I'll post pictures tomorrow. These the only specs you need? 2 drivers. Each say the following:
92V
.67a

This is good for 2 Citizen 1212s each right? Heatsink looks like junk. Might try to source some better ones..
You could safely run 2 citizen clu048 1212 off of this driver. So that's 4 in that light panel. The Mars drivers are lower amperage compared to what is typically used so the cobs themselves will be run softer. Softer run cobs equals less wattage but also higher efficiency and lower heat per watt. If you ran 4 1212's with the fans and drivers you would be just over 100w probably closer to 110 watts. The heat sink in the mars is cheap but it is also actively cooled by the fans and once you install the cobs with much less heat anyways I don't think a change is required.

You could safely run 2 citizen clu048 1212 off of this driver. So that's 4 in that light panel. The Mars drivers are lower amperage compared to what is typically used so the cobs themselves will be run softer. Softer run cobs equals less wattage but also higher efficiency and lower heat per watt. If you ran 4 1212's with the fans and drivers you would be just over 100w probably closer to 110 watts. The heat sink in the mars is cheap but it is also actively cooled by the fans and once you install the cobs with much less heat anyways I don't think a change is required.
I would recommend what Smo says especially if your not going to change the heat sink

I think, at least I finally have a little grasp of my situation

Since the fixture I'm working with has three drivers and is rated at 95v 700ma I can use the 1212 as well, but i'll be able to toss 6 of them in my fixture.

And because of there design I wont need any tape or holders, just a couple screws and some thermal paste. (Sorry the name of that stuff escapes me)

Did I get this right? (God I hope so, cause if im wrong, it means I have no understanding and im back at square one)

Thermal adhesive. Your much better going with holders though. Cobkits sells the 1212's and bjb holders cheap. If you drill the alum plate and bolt down the holders you'll have a very solid panel. Feel free to make a new thread and post pics so we can assist if you have any trouble. 2 cobs per driver is correct. 6 cobs in the smaller light will be very powerful. Its debatable choosing between 4&6

Thermal adhesive. Your much better going with holders though. Cobkits sells the 1212's and bjb holders cheap. If you drill the alum plate and bolt down the holders you'll have a very solid panel. Feel free to make a new thread and post pics so we can assist if you have any trouble. 2 cobs per driver is correct. 6 cobs in the smaller light will be very powerful. Its debatable choosing between 4&6

I appreciate the feedback, and ill definitely get the holders.
I hear what your saying about putting 6 of them in there.

Let me ask you this. The 1212 if I read correctly are in the 3500 range. Instead of putting 6 of that specific cob, would 4 of the 1212 and then maybe 2 of something in the 5000 range be a better set up, or is there another mix youd suggest. I could always add in a separate switch to control everything more precisely

I appreciate the feedback, and ill definitely get the holders.
I hear what your saying about putting 6 of them in there.

Let me ask you this. The 1212 if I read correctly are in the 3500 range. Instead of putting 6 of that specific cob, would 4 of the 1212 and then maybe 2 of something in the 5000 range be a better set up, or is there another mix youd suggest. I could always add in a separate switch to control everything more precisely

As I was reading I was thinking well maybe if they are seperate. There are a lot of guys who add in different cct or colored cobs but while the 5000k are helpful they do lack the red for flower. 3500k is a great middle ground for veg and flower and I would always stick with them but since you have the extra drivers and the cobs are cheap enough your absolutely right on that. Add 2, 5000k maybe in the center off of a single driver and as the plants progress you can switch to the 3500k. Then if they like the intensity the 5000k could be added again. It's a little extra work but could be a pretty badass little light. I'm incorporating different light types and cob colors in a new build myself and I really think it's going to work flawlessly. Great work

As I was reading I was thinking well maybe if they are seperate. There are a lot of guys who add in different cct or colored cobs but while the 5000k are helpful they do lack the red for flower. 3500k is a great middle ground for veg and flower and I would always stick with them but since you have the extra drivers and the cobs are cheap enough your absolutely right on that. Add 2, 5000k maybe in the center off of a single driver and as the plants progress you can switch to the 3500k. Then if they like the intensity the 5000k could be added again. It's a little extra work but could be a pretty badass little light. I'm incorporating different light types and cob colors in a new build myself and I really think it's going to work flawlessly. Great work

One thing ive briefly read but havent had the time to get into very specifically...

Is the infrared stuff...in all honesty if someone asked me where is the spectrum of light that fell. And what the plants do witb it .id have to answer, I have no idea.

But what little ive read has said that its important to include it.

Thanks for all the great info. I went ahead and ordered 4 of the 1212 3,500, and 2 of the 1212 5,000. Plus mounting hardware and reflectors. Ill update once I get it all put back together!

Thanks for all the great info. I went ahead and ordered 4 of the 1212 3,500, and 2 of the 1212 5,000. Plus mounting hardware and reflectors. Ill update once I get it all put back together!
Great! Don't forget thermal paste and possibly a crimp style connector. The strand wire in the Mars doesn't push well into the holders unless it's tinned first. I can't wait to see how it comes out!

Back