Dinafem Dinafem OG Kush - RainScience GrowBag Test & Round1 2019 Grow Battle (Only1Sky)

Day 78. Plant continues to mature, starting to put out a nice sweet perfume now. Couple of cloudy trichs. As for the thick DE.... ugh. It coagulated into a thick, hard, crusty covering. Very slow for water to seep through, and I think it simply morphed from a deadly powder for the gnats into a lovely hard-top surface for them to dance across. I've had to chisel it up into smaller chunks just so I could get the watering done. :smoking:

View attachment 1043473 View attachment 1043474

You might not have posted in a while but when you do you always bring the diary upto date with a fully documented diary update :pass:

I would say your entering the home stretch now my friend :bong:

Do you have a harvest day in mind mate?

Another 10 maybe 14 day's?

Until next time buddy :pass:

All the best :bong:

Mark..

You might not have posted in a while but when you do you always bring the diary upto date with a fully documented diary update :pass:

I would say your entering the home stretch now my friend :bong:

Do you have a harvest day in mind mate?

Another 10 maybe 14 day's?

Until next time buddy :pass:

Mark..
No clear timeline for a harvest day. I tend to let the non-cbd plants go quite late -- waiting to get a goodly % of amber trichs, sometimes I'll go 95-105 days. But I think this is probably a mistake -- seems that some strains don't really amber up all that much, and waiting just lets them get dried out and a bit fried on the tops. My previous Dina. OGK (September-December 2018) had the top half harvested on day 106 and the bottom half on day 110. That was too long -- she was a crispy critter for sure, as you can see here:
107.OGK w.JPG
107.OGK x.JPG

But nevertheless, she is much beloved among family & friends.
Anyway, thanks for asking, Mark; reminds me to be more willing to pull the trigger earlier this time. :chef:

No clear timeline for a harvest day. I tend to let the non-cbd plants go quite late -- waiting to get a goodly % of amber trichs, sometimes I'll go 95-105 days. But I think this is probably a mistake -- seems that some strains don't really amber up all that much, and waiting just lets them get dried out and a bit fried on the tops. My previous Dina. OGK (September-December 2018) had the top half harvested on day 106 and the bottom half on day 110. That was too long -- she was a crispy critter for sure, as you can see here:
View attachment 1043599 View attachment 1043600

But nevertheless, she is much beloved among family & friends.
Anyway, thanks for asking, Mark; reminds me to be more willing to pull the trigger earlier this time. :chef:

I would definitely think about shortening your harvest times mate, possibly be a good 10-15% :pass:

Can I ask was this our Auto OG Kush or Photoperiod variant?

Mark..

I would definitely think about shortening your harvest times mate, possibly be a good 10-15% :pass:

Can I ask was this our Auto OG Kush or Photoperiod variant?

Mark..
Auto. Autoflowers are where I started, and as a grower with only 3 years experience, I feel comfortable there still. Someday I'll probably try some photos, but not yet. :toke:

Auto. Autoflowers are where I started, and as a grower with only 3 years experience, I feel comfortable there still. Someday I'll probably try some photos, but not yet. :toke:

I thought it was our Autoflowering lady mate :thumbsup:

Thanks for clearing that up :bong:

All the best

Mark..

Time to wrap up this thread. When I last posted the OG Kush was at day 78 and maturing nicely. Here she is at day 87. Over the past 10 days the temperatures have been constant between 78-80 and RH between 49-50. Feed program continues with GreenLeaf (MegaCrop supplemented with Bud Explosion and Sweet Candy) and calmg. Once every 7-10 days that is substituted with a day of ReCharge and SLF-100.

87.OGK a.JPG
87.OGK c.JPG

Nice finish Sky, Be sure to hit me up with a tag on your next grow.

:cheers:

Its now day 94 and time to post the final Grow Battle picture. During the past week her feed program has been changed to what I'll call the "final lap". The MegaCrop and supplements is discontinued. Instead she gets a dose of Herculean Harvest (liquid bone meal) at 2ml/ltr for 3-4 days, then a day of GreenPlanet DENSE at 2g/ltr, then repeat cycle between Herc & Dense until harvest. Here's a few shots that didn't make the final picture choice.

94.OGK-D a.JPG
94.OGK-D j.JPG
94.OGK-G b.JPG
94.OGK-D e.JPG
94.OGK-D g.JPG
94.OGK-D l.JPG

Harvested at day 103. I know that's later than I've been wanted to shoot for. But this plant got a slow start and stalled out for a couple of weeks while recovering from seedling abuse. So I kinda think she's really being harvested at a virtual day 90 or less. Her height at harvest was just 23.5" (59.7cm). I call her "Twin Peaks" because she never really opened up after being topped, but just grew two big fat slightly bifurcated colas. Her's her final viewing.

103.OGK Final h.JPG
103.OGK Final a.JPG

103.OGK Final b.JPG
103.OGK Final c.JPG

Here's the twin peaks before trimming, and after trimming resting in an amethyst geode.

103.OGK Final f.JPG
103.OGK Final j.JPG

Back