Grow Mediums DinaFem Cheese w/ Coco Perlite

Update day 52
I got the girls out of the grow shower for individual pics and they all seem to be doing ok. However, I'm not seeing the same bud growth as I had on my 1st coco grow. I haven't been running an exhaust fan because of the cold, and I'm wondering if that is having something to do with it? I'm leaving the door open most nights and I leave it cracked a lot throughout the day. :shrug:. I'm thinking about punching a hole in the inner wall and running my duct to it. I'm starting to smell it a little when I walk in the front door, so good reason to hook up my un-used carbon filter. Anywho, on to the pics...
DSC01101.JPG

Above we have Little Sis, (sorry no measurements), and a top pic below.

DSC01102.JPG

Next up is, (below), is Big Sis. She further along than Little Sis, and much more frostier.
DSC01103.JPG

and a close up of a top.
DSC01105.JPG

Lastly, is the rebel child aka JDGAF. She is now 28 inches tall. I lowered her even more to try and even up the canopy. Thanks for stopping by! :peace:
DSC01106.JPG

Update day 52
I got the girls out of the grow shower for individual pics and they all seem to be doing ok. However, I'm not seeing the same bud growth as I had on my 1st coco grow. I haven't been running an exhaust fan because of the cold, and I'm wondering if that is having something to do with it? I'm leaving the door open most nights and I leave it cracked a lot throughout the day. :shrug:. I'm thinking about punching a hole in the inner wall and running my duct to it. I'm starting to smell it a little when I walk in the front door, so good reason to hook up my un-used carbon filter. Anywho, on to the pics...
View attachment 837882

View attachment 837887

Next up is, (below), is Big Sis. She further along than Little Sis, and much more frostier.
View attachment 837888

and a close up of a top.
View attachment 837889

Lastly, is the rebel child aka JDGAF. She is now 28 inches tall. I lowered her even more to try and even up the canopy. Thanks for stopping by! :peace:
View attachment 837890

Looking good Ned!

I’d definitely get the hole in the wall done, my in fan draws from inside the house when the weather’s cold, I switch it to an external air brick in the summer. That’s where all the bugs come from! [emoji23][emoji23]

I’m not an expert on this coco stuff but if those plants were mine I’d feed them a little less for a couple of weeks to get them hungry, they’re a bit on the DAAAARRRK SIIIIDE!

Fookin Star Wars... it’s taking over my brain. [emoji16]

Thanks for the like bomb @Vlad The Inhaler :pighug:
I most surely will get the vent whole thingy done, just got to pick up a vent plate, and search through my out building for my filter. I have been upping the feed every other time from 600ppm's to 750. Also, I've gone from feeding every 48 hours to every 36 hours, so I'll back it off to 600 ppms from now on. Thanks for the input! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Update Day 58
I'd been planning on doing a flush with FF Sledgehammer, but thought I'd better do a little research since I was growing in coco. Since I seen where a lot of growers were having trouble with plants dying and such, I'm sure glad I held off. After a little more reading, I decided to flush with Big Bloom, Boomerang, and SM-90, (along with CalMag +). I got the smaller 2 girls out and flushed in the kitchen sink, but because the other girl has gotten so big ... I decided to flush her in the shower. On to the pics ... Btw, sorry for the mop in the pic, :crying:

First up is Little Sis. She's smelling divine like skunky cheese and sticky as my dirty underwear after a night of dreaming about horny virgins. :funny:
DSC01108.JPG

Next up we have Big Sis and she's as sticky and stinky as her sister.
DSC01109.JPG

Finally, we have JDGAF, (aka Big Mama). She's coming along nicely, but not near as stinky or sticky as her little sisters, (but give her some time).
DSC01111.JPG

Thanks for stopping by and as always, suggestions, comments, wisecracks and criticism is welcomed and encouraged. :peace:

Update day 52
View attachment 837882

View attachment 837887

View attachment 837888

and a close up of a top.
View attachment 837889

View attachment 837890

Looking good buddy. Your grow looks very similar to mine are the mo. One’s going large and lower quality and one’s short and super sticky in my tent.

You’ve got two sticky ones tho... [emoji16][emoji1360]

Nice work. The Cheese smells soooo bad doesn’t it? It’s evil stuff mate. I’ve smelled people smoking it in the car in front at 70mph on the motorway!

There’s no mistaking the smell of Cheese.

Looking good buddy. Your grow looks very similar to mine are the mo. One’s going large and lower quality and one’s short and super sticky in my tent.

You’ve got two sticky ones tho... [emoji16][emoji1360]

Nice work. The Cheese smells soooo bad doesn’t it? It’s evil stuff mate. I’ve smelled people smoking it in the car in front at 70mph on the motorway!

There’s no mistaking the smell of Cheese.
Yeah, that skunky cheese smell is to die for in this area and I still hope those buds fatting up before harvest. I probably should have explained that I was only flushing for the salt build up, and not for the final finish. It's the first time I've flushed during this grow and I didn't want to take the chance of a lock out before harvest time. Anywho, thanks for stopping by! :pighug:

Back