Lighting Cutter Electronics kit advice please .

@orrganic Turned up today mate , Hope to have it built soon , I am flat out at work for the next 2 weeks so the Christmas break is when I'll get it done . Being my first build I want to take my time to make sure it is done properly . :thumbsup:

Yeah, don't rush it.... also wire it up in a nice controlled environment like on a workbench with some nice lighting so you can see everything working nice. WAGO connectors make quick work of this task. I didn't see any Potentiometers in your parts list, for a few bucks it's good insurance if those drivers have a dimming circuit. Something to point out, I've been thoroughly unimpressed with what is currently on the market for Cob holders. The Ideals have the fault that they require adaptors for reflectors....which makes a gap between the adaptor and reflector that light leaks out of. Personally, I like the BJBs better, bit they have their quirks too. Vero29s seem to have got it right, but I haven't had one of those in my hand yet. Just a couple cents worth of info from a fellow cob builder that has a half dozen rigs under my belt. Also, don't forget the thermal interface material.....I personally use and recommend Arctic Silver. Less is more and a razor blade and some masking tape makes quick neat work of mounting them....also, the paste smokes the pads in terms of heat transfer. Have fun over there....still wondering how you're gonna pull this off UPSIDE DOWN. Lol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

@Dr Bubbles Ya get used to it . :biggrin:
df346e4eb089fe44f2233d5f10c95ecb--boy-cartoon-characters-down-boy.jpg

Back