Lighting Cutter Electronics kit advice please .

G'day @hecno, hows the diy journey coming along?
Going with a cutters kit, or digging for the parts elsewhere?
You helped me decide on what light to invest in first so i'm keen to keep an ear open for you!
I've got my hands on a few of the parts for a diy from scratch so i'll keep you posted.

@Dion, The 4 piece complete kit would set me back $590!
I'm a few parts away from everything i need with possibly under $50 invested.
Ive been itching to post a thread with all my parts to get some advice and guide along, but you know how it is, so many things to do so little time.

I'd try timber or northern grow lights for parts. I sent Kingbright a message yesterday on alibaba with a massive order. 50 pin heatsinks and 50 3590's and they came out higher than Ngl and then $350 in shipping plus a 3.5% PayPal fee. Then to another guy on 20 meanwell hlg185's which came back $20 higher per unit. I'd buy a hundred of each if I could get a deal but I'm guessing that I'm looking in the wrong Places. I'm working on some frames and have a few friends in need of lights so I'm hooking them up. But when buying this quantity 10-20 extra adds up fast.

I'd try timber or northern grow lights for parts. I sent Kingbright a message yesterday on alibaba with a massive order. 50 pin heatsinks and 50 3590's and they came out higher than Ngl and then $350 in shipping plus a 3.5% PayPal fee. Then to another guy on 20 meanwell hlg185's which came back $20 higher per unit. I'd buy a hundred of each if I could get a deal but I'm guessing that I'm looking in the wrong Places. I'm working on some frames and have a few friends in need of lights so I'm hooking them up. But when buying this quantity 10-20 extra adds up fast.
Try online components.com they were easy to deal with for drivers.. They give breaks when you buy more

@orrganic still studying mate , and saving my pennies up . :thumbsup:

Im not sure theese companies are an option for us @hecno down here at the ass end of the world, we get routed to ali express rather than ali or ali baba, same thing just diff sellers. Shipping from anywhere but asia is pretty much out of the question. So cutters is great, just full price on cobs and kits.

money is in the bank, I have decided to go with this kit . I find it hard go get my head around all the info out there . So to my way of thinking I am better to have too much light and not use it than not enough . which I am lead to believe I can do with the dimmable drivers. So I will have 3 rows of 3 lights for 43 in by 50 in -- -- -wall to wall .Spacing them L 14 in W 14 in . . Plant numbers [5] 18 litres -- 5 gallon pots . I have a big aircon and dehumidifier - so climate control is not a problem there . Being in the tropics I have to have it .
This kit is for those not requiring any reflectors, kit comprises

9 pcs Cree CXB3590, top bins only

9 pcs Ideal 50-2303CR CXB Holder

9 pcs Ideal 50-2300AN Adapter for the Ledil ANGELINA

9 pcs Ledil Angelina 90 Degree reflector

9 pcs Graphite Thermal pad(TIM) 1 side adhesive for simple assembly on the COB

2 pcs PF-P250CC-C140-DIM, 250 Watt LED driver, 179 max Vout, Dimmable driver allows the COBS to be run at just under 50 watts, the sweet spot of wall plate efficiency add flexibility if you want to run dual spectrum ie 3000 and 4000K COB mix, 2 drivers can run 4 and 5 leds on each supply

9 Passive Pin fin Coolers suitable for the 50 watt drive( based on eff% calculations), predrilled and tapped for the Ideal Holder and adapter( you will only need a screw driver not a drill press)140mm x 80mm

12 pcs Wago 221-412 2 way Connectors for COB interconnect

25 Feet(7.5metres) of 18 AWG Wire each red and black

36 pcs M3 6mm screws for the Holders

36 pcs M3.5 10mm Screws for mounting to side rails

Just waiting on heat sinks to turn up and then they can do the kit for me , I have to say I found them very helpful in dealing with me and some of the dump questions I asked . I would have loved to had the single cobs , but with the Aussie dollar and shipping this way I save a lot of money . I hope to have this kit in 2 weeks time , Any input you guys have is more than welcome . I am all ears :biggrin: :thumbsup: ps should I have reflectors .

money is in the bank, I have decided to go with this kit . I find it hard go get my head around all the info out there . So to my way of thinking I am better to have too much light and not use it than not enough . which I am lead to believe I can do with the dimmable drivers. So I will have 3 rows of 3 lights for 43 in by 50 in -- -- -wall to wall .Spacing them L 14 in W 14 in . . Plant numbers [5] 18 litres -- 5 gallon pots . I have a big aircon and dehumidifier - so climate control is not a problem there . Being in the tropics I have to have it .
This kit is for those not requiring any reflectors, kit comprises

9 pcs Cree CXB3590, top bins only

9 pcs Ideal 50-2303CR CXB Holder

9 pcs Ideal 50-2300AN Adapter for the Ledil ANGELINA

9 pcs Ledil Angelina 90 Degree reflector

9 pcs Graphite Thermal pad(TIM) 1 side adhesive for simple assembly on the COB

2 pcs PF-P250CC-C140-DIM, 250 Watt LED driver, 179 max Vout, Dimmable driver allows the COBS to be run at just under 50 watts, the sweet spot of wall plate efficiency add flexibility if you want to run dual spectrum ie 3000 and 4000K COB mix, 2 drivers can run 4 and 5 leds on each supply

9 Passive Pin fin Coolers suitable for the 50 watt drive( based on eff% calculations), predrilled and tapped for the Ideal Holder and adapter( you will only need a screw driver not a drill press)140mm x 80mm

12 pcs Wago 221-412 2 way Connectors for COB interconnect

25 Feet(7.5metres) of 18 AWG Wire each red and black

36 pcs M3 6mm screws for the Holders

36 pcs M3.5 10mm Screws for mounting to side rails

Just waiting on heat sinks to turn up and then they can do the kit for me , I have to say I found them very helpful in dealing with me and some of the dump questions I asked . I would have loved to had the single cobs , but with the Aussie dollar and shipping this way I save a lot of money . I hope to have this kit in 2 weeks time , Any input you guys have is more than welcome . I am all ears [emoji3] [emoji106] ps should I have reflectors .
I'm exited for ya mate, sounds like a beautiful pile of kit! I can't speak for the performance of 3590s as I'm using half that size with 1212s but my rig would definitely benefit from 90/100° reflectors. Without them the lack of intensity is visible.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L02 using Tapatalk

Back