Indoor CO's Organic Auto Jungle

Now that you've had mold, it is DEFINITELY time to wash ALL of your buds so you don't accidentally smoke some mold/fungus spores as that can be dangerous!!! Here's how it works:

1. Gather your supplies:
- 4 large buckets that can hold liquid, 5gal work perfectly
- ~3gals of clean water in each one.. Doesn't have to be de-Cl'ed, but if you have extremely hard tap water, maybe pick up a couple jugs of distilled or even de-ionized water. First bucket is room temp, but can be cold from the faucet; 2nd bucket must be VERY warm; I'd say as hot as your hands can handle; 3rd bucket, the same, and the last bucket MUST be the coldest water you can get from your faucet, or as cold as you can get that isn't near-freezing.
- 3 Large bottles of H2O2
- Box of baking soda
- bottle of lemon juice
- Method to hand-dry, post-washing
- Patience

2. Set the buckets up as I had detailed before, having the middle 2 buckets containing hot-ish water, first one can be warm, cold, not as important, and the last one MUST be cold.

3. In first bucket, add the large bottles of H2O2 (large bottles are generally 1qt at most drug stores like Walgreens, CVS in the U.S.).

4. In the 2nd bucket, slowly add 1 cup of lemon juice and 1 cup of baking soda.. ****DISCLAIMER**** When adding the baking soda, it WILL start to foam up and react. Lightly stir the solution to mix. It shouldn't bubble over, but it depends on how far your water is from the top of the container..

5. The last 2 buckets are rinse buckets, but remember, hot first, then COLD.

6. I like to leave my branches relatively in tact as it makes it easier to dunk and swirl.. If you were trying to hold a tweezer-like grip on fully-trimmed buds, it may take a long time as well as make your hands sore..

7. When dunking, COMPLETELY submerge the plants all the way down to your hand.. Each stage is 30 seconds, however the first stage is the only one that does not require agitation. Just make sure that the ENTIRE branch STAYS submerged for at least 30 seconds, no longer than a minute..

9. Once pulled out of the 1st bucket, let it drip as much of the excess off into the first bucket before transitioning to the 2nd bucket. With the 2nd bucket, you will fully submerge, however you will move it, shake it, stir it, do whatever it takes to get the liquid to penetrate the buds and to help remove any unnecessary dust, dirt, animal hair, bugs, bug turds, tears, etc... After 30 seconds of vigorous agitation, remove and let it drip as much of the excess off as you can.

10. Easiest steps yet.. Bucket [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] has the hot water.. Remember, it's got to be hot, but not so hot you can't touch it.. Repeat the same type of agitation for about 30 seconds, longer if the buds are bigger. This step is to help cleanse the remaining H2O2 and Baking soda/lemon juice solutions out of the buds.

11. Last rinsing step is in the COLD water. Same idea; dunk, swirl, swish, splash, whatever it takes to agitate tenaciously.

12. Now, it's time to hang dry. There have been 2 schools of thought on this; 1 - Hang dry just long enough for the heavy moisture to be dissipated, but in a lighted area. 2 - Hang dry in a lighted area for at least 24hrs, and then trim into bags.. ****DISCLAIMER**** When using the H2O2 step (which isn't absolutely necessary if you had no mold or pests), the buds WILL dry faster than normal! In my own experience, it was probably 2-3 days shorter, even on a "long-term dry". Not really sure about the science, but I've seen it and have spoken to others who have had the same experience.

13. Once they have been voided of the extra moisture, trim off branches as you normally would and dry in your favorite method..

Notes:

- The H2O2 step isn't necessary if you didn't have pest/mold/pathogen issues, although I still use it because who knows what kind of stuff has made my plants home in the couple months of their lives..

- The questions comes up often about the loss of trichs or loss of potency... No one that I know of that uses this has ever complained about any of those things, and after seeing a thread on a different website do this, they showed enlarged pictures of before and after to show that trichs are not harmed and if anything, the only things you'll find in your wash buckets would be loose trimmed leaves that may have stuck, dust, dirt, floating particles and possibly some pistils..

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!! I may have missed minor details, but this is pretty much how I do it every time, and I HAVE noticed a big difference in the quality of the smoke, post-wash.. It's smoother, less funkiness, more flavor..

Best of luck!!!

Attachments

• DSC00639.JPG
    DSC00639.JPG
    267.9 KB · Views: 53
Now that you've had mold, it is DEFINITELY time to wash ALL of your buds so you don't accidentally smoke some mold/fungus spores as that can be dangerous!!! Here's how it works:

1. Gather your supplies:
- 4 large buckets that can hold liquid, 5gal work perfectly
- ~3gals of clean water in each one.. Doesn't have to be de-Cl'ed, but if you have extremely hard tap water, maybe pick up a couple jugs of distilled or even de-ionized water. First bucket is room temp, but can be cold from the faucet; 2nd bucket must be VERY warm; I'd say as hot as your hands can handle; 3rd bucket, the same, and the last bucket MUST be the coldest water you can get from your faucet, or as cold as you can get that isn't near-freezing.
- 3 Large bottles of H2O2
- Box of baking soda
- bottle of lemon juice
- Method to hand-dry, post-washing
- Patience

2. Set the buckets up as I had detailed before, having the middle 2 buckets containing hot-ish water, first one can be warm, cold, not as important, and the last one MUST be cold.

3. In first bucket, add the large bottles of H2O2 (large bottles are generally 1qt at most drug stores like Walgreens, CVS in the U.S.).

4. In the 2nd bucket, slowly add 1 cup of lemon juice and 1 cup of baking soda.. ****DISCLAIMER**** When adding the baking soda, it WILL start to foam up and react. Lightly stir the solution to mix. It shouldn't bubble over, but it depends on how far your water is from the top of the container..

5. The last 2 buckets are rinse buckets, but remember, hot first, then COLD.

6. I like to leave my branches relatively in tact as it makes it easier to dunk and swirl.. If you were trying to hold a tweezer-like grip on fully-trimmed buds, it may take a long time as well as make your hands sore..

7. When dunking, COMPLETELY submerge the plants all the way down to your hand.. Each stage is 30 seconds, however the first stage is the only one that does not require agitation. Just make sure that the ENTIRE branch STAYS submerged for at least 30 seconds, no longer than a minute..

9. Once pulled out of the 1st bucket, let it drip as much of the excess off into the first bucket before transitioning to the 2nd bucket. With the 2nd bucket, you will fully submerge, however you will move it, shake it, stir it, do whatever it takes to get the liquid to penetrate the buds and to help remove any unnecessary dust, dirt, animal hair, bugs, bug turds, tears, etc... After 30 seconds of vigorous agitation, remove and let it drip as much of the excess off as you can.

10. Easiest steps yet.. Bucket [HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] has the hot water.. Remember, it's got to be hot, but not so hot you can't touch it.. Repeat the same type of agitation for about 30 seconds, longer if the buds are bigger. This step is to help cleanse the remaining H2O2 and Baking soda/lemon juice solutions out of the buds.

11. Last rinsing step is in the COLD water. Same idea; dunk, swirl, swish, splash, whatever it takes to agitate tenaciously.

12. Now, it's time to hang dry. There have been 2 schools of thought on this; 1 - Hang dry just long enough for the heavy moisture to be dissipated, but in a lighted area. 2 - Hang dry in a lighted area for at least 24hrs, and then trim into bags.. ****DISCLAIMER**** When using the H2O2 step (which isn't absolutely necessary if you had no mold or pests), the buds WILL dry faster than normal! In my own experience, it was probably 2-3 days shorter, even on a "long-term dry". Not really sure about the science, but I've seen it and have spoken to others who have had the same experience.

13. Once they have been voided of the extra moisture, trim off branches as you normally would and dry in your favorite method..

Notes:

- The H2O2 step isn't necessary if you didn't have pest/mold/pathogen issues, although I still use it because who knows what kind of stuff has made my plants home in the couple months of their lives..

- The questions comes up often about the loss of trichs or loss of potency... No one that I know of that uses this has ever complained about any of those things, and after seeing a thread on a different website do this, they showed enlarged pictures of before and after to show that trichs are not harmed and if anything, the only things you'll find in your wash buckets would be loose trimmed leaves that may have stuck, dust, dirt, floating particles and possibly some pistils..

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!!! I may have missed minor details, but this is pretty much how I do it every time, and I HAVE noticed a big difference in the quality of the smoke, post-wash.. It's smoother, less funkiness, more flavor..

Best of luck!!!

This is indeed something i may try. Thank you very much. I will most likely wash the upper parts and leave the parts down under as they are, so ican make myself a 'picture' of the taste/potency issues.

Questions:

1.Which % h2o2? I found 12% what do you use? And how much is 'big bottles'?
2.What kind of baking soda do you use? (in eu it is different i think and it reminds me of crack cooking, didnt they use it for that?:crying:)

3.How much is 'one cup' of lemonjuice (fresh pressed?)

Looking forward to this

Glad you asked, because in my ignorance I failed to mention percentages and volumes in a better manner!!!!

1. We typically get 3% solution H2O2, so if you're chem-savvy, you can sort of do the molar equivalent, or just aim for the 1/4 of what I told you (going heavy won't necessarily be bad, but going light won't truly work, so use your best judgment..) To us, big bottles are roughly 1qt. or about 1ltr..

2. Do you folks get "Arm and Hammer"? Think sodium bicarb, or bicarb soda in fine powder form..

3. "one cup, liquid measure" is 8oz., 16 TBS or about 250ml..

I don't just encourage, I implore you to do this to your bud, primarily because of the bud rot, but because you WILL see a difference in the healthy bud as well!!!

As the question was posed to me; most folks wash their produce when they bring it home from the market, why wouldn't you wash your "lung produce" before consumption?? Just imagine all of the nasties that have been floating around your plants for its lifetime.. That was enough to make me wash them.. I was amazed at how much hair alone, came off the plants, much less the other junk..

@GodAmJT youre right my dude. this is something i can picture, all this stuff floating around...the hairs are ok 2 me but i think they are expendable. Had to cut the upper head that was left today, it was dead. I'll post when i came to do the cleanout.

Thanks again

Oh, I forgot to mention.. I suppose you can use fresh-squeezed, although that might be a little expensive. I use the bottled stuff from the market.. If you're hung up on organic, they make that, but you'd almost be better off buying the lemons and squeezing them yourself!!! lol

The picture I posted above is of a Zambeza Jack Herer that I grew a few years ago (part of the reason I'm not a fan of Zambeza, plant hermied, I grew the seeds and 3 of the 4 plants got the same exact mold, in a completely different home, so the strain was definitely not mold resistant!) that suffered almost an identical wound as yours, but instead of treating it, I simply swabbed it with H2O2 and kept a fan on that area to dry it up a bit.. I exhaustively searched every bud within a few inches of the area and found none, but washed it anyway by strong recommendations of a few folks on a different forum.. Now, I wash them mostly because of the smoothness of the smoke afterwards and the speed with which is dries the bud, evenly at that!! I use paper binder clips to hang dry, and place the clothing hangers on the outside edges of the grow box so they get a little bit of light for the first 12hrs or so, and then dark, but with a gentle breeze blowing nearby to facilitate evaporation..

Oh, and btw, when I referred to hairs coming off in the wash, I wasn't meaning pistils, but rather your hair, your friends' hair, your animals' hair, some odd stranger that you met at the bar's hair; those kind.. You will inevitably lose a few pistils in the wash, but honestly, the last was I did was of about 10 wet ounces of bud and I could probably count on my fingers and toes how many pistils were lost in the wash.. As a fun experiment, I filtered the wash waters through a coffee filter and was almost disgusted by the hair waffle that formed at the bottom, thinking about all of the ounces of bud I've smoked over the years and how much hair, bugs, dirt, turds, etc... I've put into my body...

Oh, I forgot to mention.. I suppose you can use fresh-squeezed, although that might be a little expensive. I use the bottled stuff from the market.. If you're hung up on organic, they make that, but you'd almost be better off buying the lemons and squeezing them yourself!!! lol

The picture I posted above is of a Zambeza Jack Herer that I grew a few years ago (part of the reason I'm not a fan of Zambeza, plant hermied, I grew the seeds and 3 of the 4 plants got the same exact mold, in a completely different home, so the strain was definitely not mold resistant!) that suffered almost an identical wound as yours, but instead of treating it, I simply swabbed it with H2O2 and kept a fan on that area to dry it up a bit.. I exhaustively searched every bud within a few inches of the area and found none, but washed it anyway by strong recommendations of a few folks on a different forum.. Now, I wash them mostly because of the smoothness of the smoke afterwards and the speed with which is dries the bud, evenly at that!! I use paper binder clips to hang dry, and place the clothing hangers on the outside edges of the grow box so they get a little bit of light for the first 12hrs or so, and then dark, but with a gentle breeze blowing nearby to facilitate evaporation..

Oh, and btw, when I referred to hairs coming off in the wash, I wasn't meaning pistils, but rather your hair, your friends' hair, your animals' hair, some odd stranger that you met at the bar's hair; those kind.. You will inevitably lose a few pistils in the wash, but honestly, the last was I did was of about 10 wet ounces of bud and I could probably count on my fingers and toes how many pistils were lost in the wash.. As a fun experiment, I filtered the wash waters through a coffee filter and was almost disgusted by the hair waffle that formed at the bottom, thinking about all of the ounces of bud I've smoked over the years and how much hair, bugs, dirt, turds, etc... I've put into my body...

Thats a new perspective.....i'll most likely squeeze me some juice then. I hope the mold issue is not strain specific sine i really like this little spicey plant with its fat cola. Would be an easy to hide, fast to re-up outdoor/small space banger....

Well, to give you an idea if it's strain-dependent or not, can you replicate your variables you have right now?? (i.e. temp, RH, grow medium, light, air circulation, nutes, etc...) If yes, and it happens, then there are a few reasons, possibly the strain doesn't like your environment or maybe something hearty has invaded your grow space. I hope it's neither because I've had to fight those fights and they suck.. My case, almost every single thing was the same except for the location, although I had a few blips of RH spikes the 2nd time, it's very likely the old Zambeza Jack Herer just couldn't handle that specific type of mold, but I do seem to remember the EC of my water was pretty low from the other strains I had done hydro and it was still sagging like it was on the verge of burning, so who knows..

What I also want to bring to your attention though, is that any plant in the same space is gonna need the same treatment to stifle the spread of the mold.. You REALLY need to keep an eye on all of your plants now to make sure it didn't spread... I'm not saying be wicked paranoid, but seriously, check on your plants the next few days to make sure you didn't get any spores spread.. I think that is one of the issues that happened with my 2nd Zambeza was the when I went to pull the first plant affected out, I should've turned the smaller fans off to slow the air movement and then wrapped it in a plastic bag before I actually moved it.. Call it crazy, my bud is my life so to lose an entire crop is critical and I lost 3/4 of that harvest.. Maybe that's what happens after you have a bad outbreak; you get crazy about the small things.. maybe not lol I just don't ever want to see mold, spider mites and root aphids ever again..

Well, to give you an idea if it's strain-dependent or not, can you replicate your variables you have right now?? (i.e. temp, RH, grow medium, light, air circulation, nutes, etc...) If yes, and it happens, then there are a few reasons, possibly the strain doesn't like your environment or maybe something hearty has invaded your grow space. I hope it's neither because I've had to fight those fights and they suck.. My case, almost every single thing was the same except for the location, although I had a few blips of RH spikes the 2nd time, it's very likely the old Zambeza Jack Herer just couldn't handle that specific type of mold, but I do seem to remember the EC of my water was pretty low from the other strains I had done hydro and it was still sagging like it was on the verge of burning, so who knows..

What I also want to bring to your attention though, is that any plant in the same space is gonna need the same treatment to stifle the spread of the mold.. You REALLY need to keep an eye on all of your plants now to make sure it didn't spread... I'm not saying be wicked paranoid, but seriously, check on your plants the next few days to make sure you didn't get any spores spread.. I think that is one of the issues that happened with my 2nd Zambeza was the when I went to pull the first plant affected out, I should've turned the smaller fans off to slow the air movement and then wrapped it in a plastic bag before I actually moved it.. Call it crazy, my bud is my life so to lose an entire crop is critical and I lost 3/4 of that harvest.. Maybe that's what happens after you have a bad outbreak; you get crazy about the small things.. maybe not lol I just don't ever want to see mold, spider mites and root aphids ever again..

I really feel the same about my crop and the meaning of a harvest is a big one to me 2. Fucked up my mood. I wont slip on that again....

2017 and I had no update for a whole year...lets say i was busy. Last few days i had to chop the head of the Micron because of man made mold. A bit later i apllied pollen to her lower branches and since i fucked the Micron pollen up 2, i used Blueberry pollen. Did it like @FullDuplex once described and found the q-tips very practical. Just swish em thru dust and there you go rollin them jerrycurls...:eyebrows:
Today I did the same with the Blueberry, she really gone flowering and shows some defs, so yeah this wont be a big rep slap grow but i keep it up. I did not even mention that i started this end of 8th month of last year...Micron shouldve been already done and cured. Since I am using the air system only like for a month, before it was just not possible and so on this should be considered partly my fault (maybe at all). But you see for yourself why i am not that pleased...

Many experimental aspects in this grow so no wonder if not all is going as i planned to.

Here wo go again

2017 and I had no update for a whole year...lets say i was busy. Last few days i had to chop the head of the Micron because of man made mold. A bit later i apllied pollen to her lower branches and since i fucked the Micron pollen up 2, i used Blueberry pollen. Did it like @FullDuplex once described and found the q-tips very practical. Just swish em thru dust and there you go rollin them jerrycurls...:eyebrows:
Today I did the same with the Blueberry, she really gone flowering and shows some defs, so yeah this wont be a big rep slap grow but i keep it up. I did not even mention that i started this end of 8th month of last year...Micron shouldve been already done and cured. Since I am using the air system only like for a month, before it was just not possible and so on this should be considered partly my fault (maybe at all). But you see for yourself why i am not that pleased...

Many experimental aspects in this grow so no wonder if not all is going as i planned to.

Here wo go again
I have used brushes and a few other things but something about the cotton and the way it holds the pollen and then binds with the pistils.

Back