Lighting Cobkits Light Engines!

I have had to get a tube heater in there bro as you can see to keep the temps up.these cobs give off hardly any heat at all.it never goes above 78 degrees even with the heater on :thumbsup:
That is awesome, I've just found your thread about building it, off to read it now. That's the problem with AFN, there's so much good info here!

Got you beat on the charts pop. Guys and gals this is for the citizen 1812 lol
IMG_0211.JPG
IMG_0210.JPG

I'm in EU, I'll have a look at the costs. With the fan I'd been thinking of getting a TD Silent, maybe a 500 and running it slow. They give a db rating of 19 for that which seem low, but then I'm not sure if I can trust manufacturers numbers! Apologies to @pop22 for the threadjack!

Trust the TD Silent series, the numbers are spot on, silent and economical. I have a 500 running in slow, it can't be heard if there is just 1 LED light running, which is always, so I never hear it.......

TD Silent eh? I have a pretty good idea where in the EU you are then :p

If you're not deterred by the pricepoint of one of these fans you can afford a high efficiency led build I think. What I'm curious about is why you only use a mars2 400? What's the space you grow in?

Make a thread here, I got tons of spreadsheets of where to get what on this continent and Sm0 & pop got the knowledge.

Trust the TD Silent series, the numbers are spot on, silent and economical. I have a 500 running in slow, it can't be heard if there is just 1 LED light running, which is always, so I never hear it.......
Alright, I'm gonna hit the button on one then...

TD Silent eh? I have a pretty good idea where in the EU you are then :p

If you're not deterred by the pricepoint of one of these fans you can afford a high efficiency led build I think. What I'm curious about is why you only use a mars2 400? What's the space you grow in?

Make a thread here, I got tons of spreadsheets of where to get what on this continent and Sm0 & pop got the knowledge.

Yeah, I'll make thread, and maybe put a proper into too.

The space I use is 90cm by 60cm and 150cm high (though I'm rejigging so I can get to 2m high) and the reason I started off with the mars hydro.....well, when I decided to grow I'd never actually tried cannabis before so didn't know if I'd like it and didn't want to spend loads on fancy lights etc if it was going to be a one-off thing. Turns out I like veeeery much:smoking:and given that my mars hydro seems to be self destructing (after only three grows...) I figure I need to do something about it.

Yeah, I'll make thread, and maybe put a proper into too.

The space I use is 90cm by 60cm and 150cm high (though I'm rejigging so I can get to 2m high) and the reason I started off with the mars hydro.....well, when I decided to grow I'd never actually tried cannabis before so didn't know if I'd like it and didn't want to spend loads on fancy lights etc if it was going to be a one-off thing. Turns out I like veeeery much:smoking:and given that my mars hydro seems to be self destructing (after only three grows...) I figure I need to do something about it.
It aint the size of the space. It's the fire that resides inside...

diy lights rum at moderate power are about 50% efficient compared to your Mars which is about 25% efficient. That means 25% more light power watt, and 25% less heat

Thanks @2Stoned2Care, that looks impressive! Can I ask how many degrees it raises the temperature in the tent by? When I started my mars hydro raised temps by 6c which was perfect (temp without lights on is 20c), now it's raising it up to 10c taking me up 30c which I think is too much (and I have to run my fan hard to even keep it there, who wants that kind of noise going all day and night?). I'm really hoping that I can work out some cob array which will keep my space a bit cooler than that.

Back