Lighting Cobkits Light Engines!

only one part of the equation has been missing on the vert. grow.........money..............lol! But it should happen soon, and it won't be like any vertical grow you've ever seen!

Great stuff pop I love it when people add all the relevant details!
I'm liking the sound of it, you've been mentioning doing a vertical build/grow for a while now!

One light on this Azure duck as supplement and she's loving it! This tent is now on 12/12.

Big Azure Duck pic2 -12-25-2016.jpg

yes choice of driver by amperage decides. I just happen to have had this for a different project and thought it would be prefect! Even at 50 watts, they are cranking out some light! And I believe I looked it up and am still at 53% efficiency! Supplementing a window garden would be a good use for them in your situation. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.

I'm thinking 2 in the window will be killer for 2 plants. Is it driver specs that limit to 50w?

yes choice of driver by amperage decides. I just happen to have had this for a different project and thought it would be prefect! Even at 50 watts, they are cranking out some light! And I believe I looked it up and am still at 53% efficiency! Supplementing a window garden would be a good use for them in your situation. I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.
once again, thanks for the info!

So addicting. I can tell your having fun and that's a huge part of it too. Still debating on the 30 1212 light at 10w each. Do you think 1/8 alum spaced 6" apart with no fixture mounted fans will work? I have above head fans

I made this. Whatcha think about loading it up with low watt cobs?
CAM02702.jpg

I think it will be a great project! I've seen some low power lights like this and they can work well. I'd run Citizen CL048-1212 on a 500ma driver though for about 18 watts each. Get a dimmable driver and if it runs a little too hot at 18 watts , just dim it a bit. I think it would be fine though.

I made this. Whatcha think about loading it up with low watt cobs?
View attachment 680063

Back