New Grower CBD Auto-grow Journal v1.02

Next year I will need to start plants in early to mid March in a warmer setting for the first few weeks before transferring to the tent, all to avoid the hotter/more humid air in July and beyond. This way the grow could be complete by July, Aug. when the heat/humidity is often crazy. It has been an unusually hot July this year (Temps 85-100). Haven't had one like it in many, many years. Considering planting a high CBD(20% - Sweet Dreams Auto CBD) and a high THC(17% - Girl Scout Crack) strain next year. That is, if I don't grab some THC strain at 27% in the meantime. Want to experiment with THCa as a medicinal tincture with and without a CBD additive.

For now, I need to find the proper Time/Temps for decarboxylation and good extraction method so that I can make use of the current abundance of harvested bud.

Last edited:
Next year I will need to start plants in early to mid March in a warmer setting for the first few weeks before transferring to the tent, all to avoid the hotter/more humid air in July and beyond. This way the grow could be complete by July, Aug. when the heat/humidity is often crazy. It has been an unusually hot July this year (Temps 85-100). Haven't had one like it in many, many years. Considering planting a high CBD(20% - Sweet Dreams Auto CBD) and a high THC(17% - Girl Scout Crack) strain next year. That is, if I don't grab some THC strain at 27% in the meantime. Want to experiment with THCa as a medicinal tincture with and without a CBD additive.
Grow tropical sativa photoperiod plants over the long hot summer. Start them just as the heat is expected. They like the heat and high humidity. Then in the fall as things begin to cool of and humidity goes down some you are in late flower. At least that is how it has worked for me.

"For now, I need to find the proper Time/Temps for decarboxylation and good extraction method so that I can make use of the current abundance of harvested bud."
I have seen quite a few methods, time and temperatures for decarboxylation of flower & trim. What have you found to be successful?
I have tried making tincture with Everclear by soaking herb in the freezer for 2+ weeks, shaking every day.

"For now, I need to find the proper Time/Temps for decarboxylation and good extraction method so that I can make use of the current abundance of harvested bud."
I have seen quite a few methods, time and temperatures for decarboxylation of flower & trim. What have you found to be successful?
I have tried making tincture with Everclear by soaking herb in the freezer for 2+ weeks, shaking every day.
Second best method IMHO is QWET this is involved, see my QWET to Vape thread. A 3 minutes wash in 0°F bud and everclear is all you need. Filter through unbleached coffee filters ( get a buchner filter with [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] filters for a really clean product) Put it in a shallow pyrex pan cover with panty hose and let it evaporate off in a dark warm place outdoors with a fan blowing over it. REMEMBER the fumes are highly flammable and it burns with a colorless flame. After it has evaporated completely down to honey scrape it up with a razor blade and put in a silicon or glass container. This stuff is difficult to handle without losing some. Once you have QWET you can decarb it in a hot oil bath. Do not do QWISO.

Without a doubt pressing rosin is the best (clean and safest no solvents) extraction method. See my DIY Rosin Press thread.

Decarbing is simple: Heat the product to 252°F for 27 minutes. Use this chart:

decarboxylation-graph-1-11.jpg

Bud in the oven: heat the oven with a pyrex pan in it to 240°F, put the bud, trim etc. in an oven roasting turkey bag in less than 1" layer put in the oven for 30 minutes. Flavor will be a little toasty. (I don't like it) from here you can bake it into cookies or brownies. Make butter, coconut oil etc. out of it. I have tried a lot of tinctures - none were worth the weed or effort. I use a Magical Butter Machine II for butter and oils.

There are lots of other methods that work but these are tried and true methods I have settled on after years of experimentation. My quest continues in the QWET to Vape thread.

Vitals:
x King's Kush CBD: Seed - April 16 | Flower - May 10 | Flush - July 10 | Harvest - July 12 (13 weeks)
x Blue Mystic: Seed - April 2 | Flower - May 10 | Flush - July 12 | Harvest - July 14 (17 weeks)
Blue Cheese: Seed - April 27 | Induced Flowering - June 18 | Flush Aug ? | Harvest - Aug ? | (9.5 weeks) flowering - wk 4
===============================================================================================

Found a critter on a leaf today. I believe it was a spider mite. No webs found. It was on the underside of a leaf that was showing some light colored markings on the top side. Brought the plant outside and pruned any leaves that had this similar marking, Sprayed both under and over with Monterey Garden Insect Spray. Added Diatomaceous Earth to the soil.

Fertigated Blue Cheese @pH 5.7 (2.5g 12% runoff)
First runoff pH - 5.8
Soil/coco pH 1Hr after - 5.9

Found a critter on a leaf today. I believe it was a spider mite. No webs found. It was on the underside of a leaf that was showing some light colored markings on the top side. Brought the plant outside and pruned any leaves that had this similar marking, Sprayed both under and over with Monterey Garden Insect Spray. Added Diatomaceous Earth to the soil.

Fertigated Blue Cheese @pH 5.7 (2.5g 12% runoff)
First runoff pH - 5.8
Soil/coco pH 1Hr after - 5.9
Bummer.

:smoking:-- get me pics of the leaf damage,.. sounds like thrips, which typically feed topside, and often are not at the scene of the crime!... they are highly mobile, fast movers, jumpers, adults can fly,.... you may have found a larva,....

:smoking:-- get me pics of the leaf damage,.. sounds like thrips, which typically feed topside, and often are not at the scene of the crime!... they are highly mobile, fast movers, jumpers, adults can fly,.... you may have found a larva,....
Definitely spider mites... Most leaves with symptoms were removed. Found one additional leaf and view the mites with 60x loop. Image came out horrible. There was some minute webbing going on. Most images on the internet show disastrous versions of infestations. The image shown below is from growweedeasy.com and is very closest to what I am seeing. Even this image is worse than what I have seen. Will likely spray again today and get my grow temperatures down and add more breeze as I know they do not like such conditions. vacuumed the grow-room Yesterday. but may wipe it down with bleach-water, H2O2, or Monterey Garden Insect Spray(w/Spinosad). I need to stay on top of this for another 4-5wks or so. This plant promises an abundant yield.
sipder-mites-yellow-spots-leaves.jpg

Last edited:
After this harvest is over leave everything (equipment) in the tent and use a HotShot pest strip closed up in it for 5 days. Then if it is possible to close off the room the tent is in to pets and people hang the strip in that room. Seal it off to the rest of the house with duct tape around the doors. let fumigate for 5 days if you can. Then air it out for a few hours after removing the strip. This stuff is so poisonous I hate using it but there are times like this that it is worth the minor exposure. This will kill all forms of mites and any other insects.

Back