New Grower CBD Auto-grow Journal v1.02

@Mañ'O'Green
With respect to Flushing with Flawless Finish, do I flush the same as I would fertigate, x% runoff. Trying to figure out how many gallons to prepare.

I understand that these packs will alter RH up or down to maintain a fairly specific RH. Are these used in curing or primarily after to keep levels spot on?

I personally put them in the bottom of the jars when I start curing and I keep them in the jars for good. Yeah it helps maintain a certain RH but the curing process is still important because they will still need to be burped daily for a week or two. Open the jars wait for the buds to become dry to the touch then reclose the jars.. repeat as many times as needed until the bud quits rehydrating. The first week you may need to burp twice a day it just depends. Everyone does it slightly different that’s just how I personally do it... I don’t burp for any certain amount of time just till dry to the touch.

All you are doing is pulling out moisture from the inside of the buds and then allowing the outsides to dry ect.

I understand that these packs will alter RH up or down to maintain a fairly specific RH. Are these used in curing or primarily after to keep levels spot on?
I have used them from beginning cure to long storage. I think that the cure is better if you do not use them for the first month of cure then after that they are great at keeping your bud @ 62%. The thing is if you over dry before you start your cure you can fix it with a Boveda Pack so it is good to have them on hand. It is tricky to keep your cure in the zone 58% to 65% for the first month and if you cannot do it Boveda to the rescue.

Fertigated Blue Mystic @ pH 6.0 to 15% runoff (2.5 gal)
Did not check runoff pH
Soil/coco pH 1hr after 6.6 (can't catch this sucker...should have used nute pH of 5.5 again!)

Q: What size canning jars do you recommend? I will have three plants harvested eventually and do not want to burp 40 jars 2x/day for weeks on end.
32oz? 64oz.? I do have a few smaller jars around, but I'd need a gazillion of em. Also don't want to order a gazillion tiny hydrometers either.

Fertigated Blue Mystic @ pH 6.0 to 15% runoff (2.5 gal)
Did not check runoff pH
Soil/coco pH 1hr after 6.6 (can't catch this sucker...should have used nute pH of 5.5 again!)

Q: What size canning jars do you recommend? I will have three plants harvested eventually and do not want to burp 40 jars 2x/day for weeks on end.
32oz? 64oz.? I do have a few smaller jars around, but I'd need a gazillion of em. Also don't want to order a gazillion tiny hydrometers either.
You think curing is a lot of work just wait until you need to trim all of the bud :yoinks: :rofl:. I tried turkey bags but I think they are actually permeable as the humidity would rise and fall with the ambient humidity. IMHO Quart Jars simply work the best. You do not need to put a hygrometer in each one. I use one in about every 3rd jar. Curing is as important if not the most important step in producing a great product. Don't blow it at the finish line. After about a month in the quart jars I combine them into half gallon jars for longer storage. Burp them once a month for 6 months then once whenever I think about it. You are not finished working until the cure is done:stir:. Then you can relax and enjoy the flowers of your labor.:smoker:

You think curing is a lot of work just wait until you need to trim all of the bud :yoinks: :rofl:. I tried turkey bags but I think they are actually permeable as the humidity would rise and fall with the ambient humidity. IMHO Quart Jars simply work the best. You do not need to put a hygrometer in each one. I use one in about every 3rd jar. Curing is as important if not the most important step in producing a great product. Don't blow it at the finish line. After about a month in the quart jars I combine them into half gallon jars for longer storage. Burp them once a month for 6 months then once whenever I think about it. You are not finished working until the cure is done:stir:. Then you can relax and enjoy the flowers of your labor.:smoker:
What size Boveda packs do you use @ 62%? Should I assume 8gram, since the 4gram is the same price as the 8gram...

Fertigate Blue Cheese @ pH 5.7 wk 8 nutes (2.5gal - 15%)
Soil pH 1hr after - 6.3

I have chosen my "Harvest Mon," or the new moon (July 7th) to harvest King's Kush CBD. My closet is cleaned and ready for the first girl. 32 oz. mason jars, hydrometers, and 8g 60% Bovida packs will be here prior to their need, some 3-10 days later.
So far the conditions in the closet are 57% RH and 72deg. Might have to work at getting that RH down or just dry a bit longer. I'd be happier at 51%-53% RH though. A couple of computer muffin fans are set up and ready to go as well.

Is the process the same for cannabis that will be used for tinctures or butter? Would I have to cure as long?.

Back