King's Kush CBD
Kku_01.jpg

Kku_03.jpg

Kku_02.jpg

Blue Mystic
Bm-01.jpg

Bm-02.jpg

Vitals:
Blue Mystic: Seed - April 2 | Flower - May 10 | Flush - July ? | Harvest - July ? (13 weeks) flowering - wk 7
King's Kush CBD: Seed - April 16 | Flower - May 10 | Flush - July ? | Harvest - July ? (11 weeks) flowering - wk 7
Blue Cheese: Seed - April 27 | Induced Flowering - June 18 | Flush Aug ? | Harvest - ? | (9.5 weeks) flowering - wk 2
=========================================================================================

Fertigated Blue Mystic wk 12 Nutes @pH5.6 (2.5 gal - 20% runoff)

- first runoff pH - 5.8
- soil/coir pH 1hr after fertigation - 6.3

Today VT is celebrating it's own independence day....independence from the federal gov't as it is now legal to grow and posses cannabis. I celebrated this 95 deg F day by vaping some Kali Mist and listening to Pink Floyd - Meddle.

Fertigate Blue Cheese wk 6 Nutes @pH5.6 (2.x gal - 20% runoff)
- first runoff pH - 5.9
- soil/coir pH 1+hr after fertigation - 6.1

Been using the latest "bloom" runoff on my clematis flowers outside that have not been very showy in recent years....very noticeable results. Granted, the nutrients are on the acid side, but that's O.K. as my soil, last I checked, was on the alkaline side...i.e. acid loving plants wither and die in it.

Been reading about the medicinal properties of THCa (tetrahydrocannabinolic acid), the non-psychoactive substance which we later convert via smoking or vaping out bud. So, I may have to change my username from CBDJunkie to THCaAdict or THCAdict and start investigating super high THC strains for making spirited tinctures. Strains like Gorilla Glue, LSD, and Northern Lights, whose THC can exceed 20% may be in the cards, especially since there is NO psycho-activity involved.

Some possible benefits are:
Other possible medicinal avenues supported by patient stories include insomnia, muscle spasms, and pain.

My interests are with respect to Polio & Post-Polio Syndrome and insomnia, muscle spasms, pain, neuroprotective, and anti-inflammatory.

Vermont goes legal - cool, I assume you live there? 107°F in my backyard right now. That Kings Kush CBD is getting close to harvest time. You do not want as much amber on a high CBD plant. I use AN Flawless Finish to flush but a week on plain water is good also.

When I make a topical or tincture I always mix decarbed and non-decarbed so as to include the THCa benefits.

When I make a topical or tincture I always mix decarbed and non-decarbed so as to include the THCa benefits.
I did that one before and the final product was not as tasty as the decarbed-only version. A bit more bitter, I think.

I did that one before and the final product was not as tasty as the decarbed-only version. A bit more bitter, I think.
I once chewed a fresh not quite dry bud because the smell was intoxicating. After the initial rush of bitter chlorophyll was a symphony of pine, flowers, sweet berry and this was there but the waxy chlorophyll really overpowered the good. I am always looking for the perfect flavor way to ingest my meds. I have a long term cold vegetable glycerin extract working with Zambeza Blueberry Auto. I don't remember when I started it? Damn now I gotta go look that up. Enjoy your meds.

I found it June 24, 2017 in my new grow room thread. So it is a year old. A baby by wine standards. Baby this ain't wine! I need to sample it soon.

Trained my 60x loop on Blue Mystic and King's Kush CBD. Only a very few trichomes have turned amber on the Bm but perhaps 2% on the Kku.

Experiment
Filled two pots, one with coco coir(untouched) and the other with about 15% sphagnum peat-moss added. Used standard nute water @ pH 6.0.
Added 1/2 cup pH water to each, let sit, then added another 1/2 cup and measured the runoff.

exp.JPG

Takeaways:
  • Adding Sphagnum Peat-moss will lower the working pH by a bit, but additional perlite might also be needed to keep the O2 levels up. Might have to add too much for too little benefit.
  • Coco Coir may have a higher pH by itself, perhaps closer to 7 hence my need to lower the nutrient pH consistently to offset. Need to research coco's natural pH, or at least the brand I am using.

Trained my 60x loop on Blue Mystic and King's Kush CBD. Only a very few trichomes have turned amber on the Bm but perhaps 2% on the Kku.

Experiment
Filled two pots, one with coco coir(untouched) and the other with about 15% sphagnum peat-moss added. Used standard nute water @ pH 6.0.
Added 1/2 cup pH water to each, let sit, then added another 1/2 cup and measured the runoff.

View attachment 925619

Takeaways:
  • Adding Sphagnum Peat-moss will lower the working pH by a bit, but additional perlite might also be needed to keep the O2 levels up. Might have to add too much for too little benefit.
  • Coco Coir may have a higher pH by itself, perhaps closer to 7 hence my need to lower the nutrient pH consistently to offset. Need to research coco's natural pH, or at least the brand I am using.
You are not thinking about the exudes from the plant; they can raise and lower PH. Do this experiment to see what I am talking about: Set a plantless pot of coco amended just like the ones you are growing in next to one with a plant. Fertigate them all the same and chart the PH over time. You will see that the one with a plant will move around the PH scale and the one without a plant will be very stable in comparison. This is due to the exudes from the plant. This is really obvious when you grow DWC.

Back