New Grower CBD Auto-grow Journal v1.02

Managed some better images of my plant, and only confirms spider mites. Did a second round of spray. and wiped down the inside of the tent.
Washed all cloths and took a shower. Will take @Mañ'O'Green advice with the HotShot Pest strips.

Amazing... all these white blotches are mites and bunches of mites. So F-n tiny.
SpiderMites_Bcz_01c.jpg

SpiderMites_Bcz_02c.jpg

SpiderMites_Bcz-03c.jpg

Second best method IMHO is QWET this is involved, see my QWET to Vape thread. A 3 minutes wash in 0°F bud and everclear is all you need. Filter through unbleached coffee filters ( get a buchner filter with [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] filters for a really clean product) Put it in a shallow pyrex pan cover with panty hose and let it evaporate off in a dark warm place outdoors with a fan blowing over it. REMEMBER the fumes are highly flammable and it burns with a colorless flame. After it has evaporated completely down to honey scrape it up with a razor blade and put in a silicon or glass container. This stuff is difficult to handle without losing some. Once you have QWET you can decarb it in a hot oil bath. Do not do QWISO.

Without a doubt pressing rosin is the best (clean and safest no solvents) extraction method. See my DIY Rosin Press thread.

Decarbing is simple: Heat the product to 252°F for 27 minutes. Use this chart:

View attachment 931083

Bud in the oven: heat the oven with a pyrex pan in it to 240°F, put the bud, trim etc. in an oven roasting turkey bag in less than 1" layer put in the oven for 30 minutes. Flavor will be a little toasty. (I don't like it) from here you can bake it into cookies or brownies. Make butter, coconut oil etc. out of it. I have tried a lot of tinctures - none were worth the weed or effort. I use a Magical Butter Machine II for butter and oils.

There are lots of other methods that work but these are tried and true methods I have settled on after years of experimentation. My quest continues in the QWET to Vape thread.
Yes, I have seen this chart in many write-ups. It seems to suggest 27min @ 252degF as apposed to 240deg F for 30 min. And the one write-up that also references this chart came to the conclusion that 240deg F for Kief or Trim for 30min, 60min for bud.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/cbd-auto-grow-journal-v1-02.64918/page-26

But you use 240Deg F for 30min with confidence that you are taking full advantage of your crop?

Not sure I am anywhere near ready to venture into the QWET process for vaping. I do vape bud straight and have no issues. Wanted tinctures for quick convenience. For tincture I have used Everclear & bud/trim for 5-7 days in the freezer.
Will eventually be getting into some edibles as I understand their effective duration is much longer. The one time I ingested in food was with some White Widow that was harvested too soon and I was flying for 6+ hours on a very racy trip. Unpleasant to say the least.

Yes, I have seen this chart in many write-ups. It seems to suggest 27min @ 252degF as apposed to 240deg F for 30 min. And the one write-up that also references this chart came to the conclusion that 240deg F for Kief or Trim for 30min, 60min for bud.
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/cbd-auto-grow-journal-v1-02.64918/page-26

Not sure I am anywhere near ready to venture into the QWET process for vaping. I do vape bud straight and have no issues. Wanted tinctures for quick convenience. For tincture I have used Everclear & bud/trim for 5-7 days in the freezer.
Will eventually be getting into some edibles as I understand their effective duration is much longer. The one time I ingested in food was with some White Widow that was harvested too soon and I was flying for 6+ hours on a very racy trip. Unpleasant to say the least.
But you use 240Deg F for 30min with confidence that you are taking full advantage of your crop?
No I don't give a shyte I don't like decarbed bud in the oven. It tastes bad to me - toasty. So I don't do it. Yes there are thousands of ideas out there for decarbing. The only scientific study I can find is the one done by some Russian scientists. This is their chart referencing a hexane extraction.
decarboxylation-graph-1-11.jpg

Read out of it what you will!

Yesterday, fertigates Blue Cheese @H6.0
first runoff - pH 6.0
coco ph 1hr after - 6.2

King's Kush harvest after drying and some curing - 1.86oz(~57g), Trim - .34oz(9.6g)
Blue Cheese is doing good after two applications of Monterey Garden Insect Spray. No visible signs of mites to the naked eye. The next day it is nice outside I will taker her out, examine her and spray her one more time.

Vitals:
Blue Mystic: Harvested - 2.80oz
King's Kush CBD: Harvested - 1.86oz
Blue Cheese: Seed - April 27 | Induced Flowering - June 18 | Flush Aug ? | Harvest - ? | (9.5 weeks) flowering - wk 5
==========================================================================================
Checked out plant for additional signs of "Two-Spotted Spider Mite."

Came across one live bugger, and several apparently dead ones. I'm sure there were more! sprayed with 1/2 gal Monterey Garden Insect Spray. This will be the last time I use this method on the plant, don't want to give the buggers a chance to build resistance to this stuff. Will use other methods if they persist. So far, they are under strict containment...no large outbreaks, no obvious webbing, and no "salt-shaker" like areas on the tops of leaves.

I honestly think I let my guard down with respect to pests(mites). It has been hot and dry here and my raspberries were beginning to ripen. With this, I have been picking some and was not very careful with respect to keeping myself clean. There was one sign of mites on the raspberry plant this year. Will need to tend to the soil this fall with "diatomaceous earth." Should have done this early spring. One of my dogs is notorious for walking through and under plants and digging holes to lie down in. This hasn't been ideal either. Will likely reconsider the location of my grow-room.

Fertigate Blue Cheese @130%[GH DTW schedule] @pH 6.1 (2.5g @ 15%runoff)
First runoff pH - 6.1
coco pH 1 hour after - 6.0

Sampled King's Kush CBD a few days ago and was pleased with the effects - relaxing, lightly sleepy. Last night I sampled Nirvana's Blue Mystic. The plant reports to be a med. THC and High CBD strain, which generally brings it into the 1:1 ballpark. Experienced a nice body buzz and very relaxing effects. This sample was droppings from buds that I just removed the stalks from. Was ready to toss it out, but WOW!

Blue Mystic has yielded 2.80oz.

Last edited:
My cat loves the catnip in the vegetable garden. She sleeps in it. One day about a week before my whitefly infestation she jumped into the grow space. I am not saying she did it but .............. :kitty: :haha:. It is impossible in my setting to totally control insects. It is just a part of farming. The quick response with an army of ladybugs worked this time :woohoo:.

My cat loves the catnip in the vegetable garden. She sleeps in it. One day about a week before my whitefly infestation she jumped into the grow space. I am not saying she did it but .............. :kitty: :haha:. It is impossible in my setting to totally control insects. It is just a part of farming. The quick response with an army of ladybugs worked this time :woohoo:.
You said "ladybugs!" Coincidentally I JUST returned from my garden with some Kale, Arugula and leaf lettuce. A couple of Kale plants, located away from the rest of the garden, though looking good, was covered with white flies underside. I backed off and left they alone, but absolutely do not want to bring flying pest into my grow area. This is one damn good reason I want to grow the "good stuff" during the winter months when these pests are frozen solid outside!!

Fertigate Blue Cheese @120%[GH DTW schedule] @pH 6.1 (2.5g @ 15%runoff)
[1g - pH 6.2 water only, 2.5g pH 6.1 with Nutes]
First runoff pH - 5.8
coco pH 1 hour after - 6.0

While there is sufficient evidence to warrant using UV-B lighting later in the flowering cycle to increase THC production and potency, I have not seen any evidence that the %CBD would benefit.

Last edited:
Fertigate Blue Cheese @120%[GH DTW schedule] @pH 6.1 (2.5g @ 15%runoff)
[1g - pH 6.2 water only, 2.5g pH 6.2 with Nutes]
First runoff pH - x.x
coco pH 1 hour after - x.x

While there is sufficient evidence to warrant using UV-B lighting later in the flowering cycle to increase THC production and potency, I have not seen any evidence that the %CBD would benefit.
All of the actives in cannabis are increased by UVA/UVB. IMPE with growing 1:1 THC/CBD plants the ratio remained the same as the THC went up because the high did not increase. The science is weak because nobody cared about CBD in the past. That has changed now and some good science should be coming. I am running a Dinamed CBD plant right now and will be using Pure UV the last 3 weeks of the grow. Get one of these and be really careful not to work in the tent with it on. A guy on the web showed pictures of blisters he got in just a few minutes under this lamp. Don't look at it either as it will cause cumulative retina damage. You only need to run it 15 minutes a day during the middle of your lights on period. AgroMax Pure UV , Sunblaster fixture.

Back