New Grower CBD Auto-grow Journal v1.02

Vitals:
Blue Cheese: Seed - April 27 | Induced Flowering - June 18 | Flush Aug ? | Harvest - ? | flowering - wk 7
=================================================================================

Fertigate Blue Cheese w/wk 9 nutes @ pH 6.2 & 120%(2.5g with 10% runoff)
First runoff - pH 5.8
coco pH 1hr after - 6.0
No obvious signs of mites.

I want to try a cold extraction of some trim alone. The method was to freeze both the trim/bud/kief and the Everclear(Ethanol, Ethyl Alcohol, PGA) first. Add the frozen, decarbed canabis to the frozen Everclear and place back in freezer. From what I read, the longer you steep this mix, the stronger the potency, but also the stronger the chlorophyl (bad taste). I've read methods where some have steeped for as little as 20min and some for nearly 2 weeks. Some also heat the final solution to evaporate much of the alcohol off and make it more concentrated. My thoughts were to use the same solution of augmented Everclear to steep another batch of trim. Any thoughts on a reasonable time and if the ethanol will have a saturation point with successive extracts?

Vitals:
Blue Cheese: Seed - April 27 | Induced Flowering - June 18 | Flush Aug ? | Harvest - ? | flowering - wk 7
=================================================================================

Fertigate Blue Cheese w/wk 9 nutes @ pH 6.2 & 120%(2.5g with 10% runoff)
First runoff - pH 5.8
coco pH 1hr after - 6.0

I want to try a cold extraction of some trim alone. The method was to freeze both the trim/bud/kief and the Everclear(Ethanol, Ethyl Alcohol, PGA) first. Add the frozen, decarbed canabis to the frozen Everclear and place back in freezer. From what I read, the longer you steep this mix, the stronger the potency, but also the stronger the chlorophyl (bad taste). I've read methods where some have steeped for as little as 20min and some for nearly 2 weeks. Some also heat the final solution to evaporate much of the alcohol off and make it more concentrated. My thoughts were to use the same solution of augmented Everclear to steep another batch of trim. Any thoughts on a reasonable time and if the ethanol will have a saturation point with successive extracts?
Read my QWET to Vape thread. Link in my signature!

Vitals:
Blue Cheese: Seed - April 27 | Induced Flowering - June 18 | Flush Aug ? | Harvest - ? | flowering - wk 8

Sunday: 8/12
Watered Blue Cheese w/wk 9 nutes @ pH 6.3 & 120%(2gal - 0% runoff)

Was away and had my brother water the plants.

@Mañ'O'Green
Am debating whether or not to perform a "Wash" with this plant now. It has been 30 days since I sprayed last and have seen no visible signs of mites.

Last edited:
Fertigated Blue Cheese w/wk 10 nutes @pH 6.3 and 120% (2.5gal - 15% runoff)
First Runoff - pH 6.1
soil/coco 1hr after - pH 6.4

Clipped a couple dozen fan leaves that were not exposed to the lights and some that were suspect of mite activity. Found 3 live mites on three different leaves, but found little to no egg balls. I will likely go ahead with the bug wash after harvest as a safety measure. I am guessing I have about 2 weeks to go here with this final plant.

POWDERY MILDEW
Cucumber-powderymildew.jpg

Cucumber leaf. A very hot and humid summer has ravaged these leaves.

POWDERY MILDEW
View attachment 941726
Cucumber leaf. A very hot and humid summer has ravaged these leaves.
Try not to carry that into your indoor garden. It really is hard because the spores for PM are really small and windborn. I keep Serenade handy but have not had to use it. My wife has a bunch of zinnias in the garden and they are notorious for getting PM. I may need it out there later this year.

Am ready for harvest. been 6 days with Flawless Flush and the coco has dried out a second time. Will be cutting off the plant tomorrow AM before lights come on. I have done a decent preliminary trim so as to lessen the work after the wash process. My guess at yield is 3+ ounces.
Trich's are nice with 10+ % amber.

Good job so far now for a good dry and cure. I have had a whitefly problem this grow and will need to wash my buds this time. Do you have any pictures?

Good job so far now for a good dry and cure. I have had a whitefly problem this grow and will need to wash my buds this time. Do you have any pictures?

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Back