Nutrients Budelee and Slaters Remo Co-Journal

anyone have seeds take 10= days to pop:yoinks:???? well here goes a lil story for you,a story so scary and horrible....okay i kidding but heres what happened..my germ process uses Rapid Rooters and a dome to hold humidity and maintain temps,I seem to remember a thread about rapid rooters having germ issues the older they get(never gave it much thought till now)..anyway..I all but gave up on the ones that didnt pop:face:,which by the way was 14 seeds,thats right 14 seeds(from a total of 19 planted)!!!FMR(if u know what that means)..well thats what i thought...,i pulled the plug on them last night.this morning i start "peeling" open the rooters and see that 4 of them are sprouted and making their way up the rooter(yeaaa),but most of the seeds look black/waterlogged/rotten from being in the rooters for ten+ days...damn....okay story gets worse...I mixed a "supersoil"(three layer) and planted the first 4 sprouts...something goes wrong again,soil maybe to hot,burned the shit outta one baby:fire:,the others are refusing to grow..one did go in fresh precharged coco and is looking okay..in the meantime i planted another 8 to see if i can fill the (large)empty space i call a grow room(or a seed morgue)....i have pics but they got wet from me crying on them(kidding,who makes hardcopies).....hey bros..sheit happens!!!:frowny: sad sad day...

anyone have seeds take 10= days to pop:yoinks:???? well here goes a lil story for you,a story so scary and horrible....okay i kidding but heres what happened..my germ process uses Rapid Rooters and a dome to hold humidity and maintain temps,I seem to remember a thread about rapid rooters having germ issues the older they get(never gave it much thought till now)..anyway..I all but gave up on the ones that didnt pop:face:,which by the way was 14 seeds,thats right 14 seeds(from a total of 19 planted)!!!FMR(if u know what that means)..well thats what i thought...,i pulled the plug on them last night.this morning i start "peeling" open the rooters and see that 4 of them are sprouted and making their way up the rooter(yeaaa),but most of the seeds look black/waterlogged/rotten from being in the rooters for ten+ days...damn....okay story gets worse...I mixed a "supersoil"(three layer) and planted the first 4 sprouts...something goes wrong again,soil maybe to hot,burned the shit outta one baby:fire:,the others are refusing to grow..one did go in fresh precharged coco and is looking okay..in the meantime i planted another 8 to see if i can fill the (large)empty space i call a grow room(or a seed morgue)....i have pics but they got wet from me crying on them(kidding,who makes hardcopies).....hey bros..sheit happens!!!:frowny: sad sad day...
Shit does happen... Good luck bro.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Thank you for this parable @budelee. Humble reminder that even the pros must overcome cultivation challenges. Also not to dwell on setbacks, but plant for the future. I've had my setbacks, lost some good genetics, but improved my germination and cloning techniques along the way.
:pass:

I just had a cat rip a hole in my screening and took out 24 ten day old seedlings. Just like my man Budelee I Had more fired up in minutes two days after the debacle 17 new sprouts. The 8 you just sowed will make it and will flourish simple as that. :karmacloud:

Thank you for this parable @budelee. Humble reminder that even the pros must overcome cultivation challenges. Also not to dwell on setbacks, but plant for the future. I've had my setbacks, lost some good genetics, but improved my germination and cloning techniques along the way.
:pass:
Pro?? Thanks but not feeling that way now!!!:biggrin:

I just had a cat rip a hole in my screening and took out 24 ten day old seedlings. Just like my man Budelee I Had more fired up in minutes two days after the debacle 17 new sprouts. The 8 you just sowed will make it and will flourish simple as that. :karmacloud:
I was thinking of the unplannned miracle and all of them sprout.. i'll make em fit in my space!!

I feel ur pain.. The dogs here trashed plenty of mine in the past..heres one helping me defol..
image.jpeg
Started like a champ
image.jpeg
getting a little behind
image.jpeg
okay maybe one more
image.jpeg
pup says, "cant take it no more".. But look at that pile if stems!!

Back