Harvest & Curing Brown bag drying help

61-78% doesn't make much sense to me. You'd almost have to take the meter out of the jar and drop it in a glass of water and put it back on the jar... I'm running out of help for ya now. I'd say check your meters or put a few in the same jar and see if 1 is screwy. I used cheap moisture meters and usually 2 or 3 out of like every 10 are bad. Also, if the buds are dry on the outside and still moist in the centers the humidity in the jars will rise. My cheap meters can also take an hour or 2 to settle in before looking at

If it's holding at 60% you're good. Throw a boveda in the jar and it'll stay good for months. You can get them on Amazon, smoke shops or cigar stores. I like the 62 and the 58 is great for rolling joints

If it's holding at 60% you're good. Throw a boveda in the jar and it'll stay good for months. You can get them on Amazon, smoke shops or cigar stores. I like the 62 and the 58 is great for rolling joints

Do you reckon the smell will come out? It smells next to nothing. Lost a lot of terps. Only some of the buds smell ok. I just feel like its been over dried because of the humidity issues.

Do you reckon the smell will come out? It smells next to nothing. Lost a lot of terps. Only some of the buds smell ok. I just feel like its been over dried because of the humidity issues.
Depends. The curing will even out the texture and get rid of the fresh cut grass/hay smell, which can overpower the terps when fresh cut, but it doesn't make the buds louder. Longer term ageing seems to kinda bring the most dominant terps back out. Drying is always a pain in the ass and takes some practice since conditions are almost never the same. You'll get the hang of it in a couple grows. And just because you lost some flavor doesn't mean it can't be great smoke...

good deal about rhe rh getting in the right range. I find myself chasing the correct humidity all the time. 58 is my choice. I like the way it burns. 61 will have more taste…. But going out on ya. Just my opinion. Do it how you want to.
As far as the smell.. and this is just my opinion as well, it should come back in when the bud is correctly dried. Just keep working with it until you get the hang of it.

I used paper bags in a fridge because it’s so hot here.
Worked out very well. Moved them to jars with mushroom filter lids once it hit the low 70% range. Burped until 62%, put on plastic lids with B-Packs.

I used paper bags in a fridge because it’s so hot here.
Worked out very well. Moved them to jars with mushroom filter lids once it hit the low 70% range. Burped until 62%, put on plastic lids with B-Packs.
Easy way of getting mold mate if you don’t have a fan in that fridge. I was gonna use the fridge method with a fan inside but it genuinely does take around two weeks to dry, or longer. They turned out pretty dank using the paper bag method. The key is knowing exactly when it’s dry enough. Not over dry, just right

Easy way of getting mold mate if you don’t have a fan in that fridge. I was gonna use the fridge method with a fan inside but it genuinely does take around two weeks to dry, or longer. They turned out pretty dank using the paper bag method. The key is knowing exactly when it’s dry enough. Not over dry, just right
The fridge only ran at 15% humidity. The bags took about a week, but probably would have dried faster if I had removed the stems.
It’s because of the low humidity I switched to jars with filter lids once in the 70% range. I over dried the first bags a little.
I didn’t use a fan. I did use some wire racks to keep the bags off the shelves.
C956C749-267F-44CF-8BEF-F2BC80B6D640.jpeg

Last edited:
Back