Harvest & Curing Brown bag drying help

I stored some in a jar and remembered rice absorbs moisture.

So I've added a bag of rice into the jar and the humidity is in the 60s happily.

Just hope it doesn't pull moisture too quickly or something.

Running my portable dehumidifier now where the bags are stored. So hopefully manage to keep the buds in the 60s

Hey mate

So,i added some bags (wet and dry buds) into a small cupboard and ran a portable dehumidifier inside this cupboard with a small fan inside a drawer above it. This way the fan blows some air around but not heavily and directly onto the buds.

The humidity dropped to around 59-60. I decided to jar the crispy buds and the humidity in the jar is now 59. Would you say this means the buds have over dried?

Obviously as I open the jars outside this cupboard, it will suck 70%+ back in.

Should i just keep the buds in the jar at 59% and not open unless it goes over 65%?

Reactions: JP1
Hey mate

So,i added some bags (wet and dry buds) into a small cupboard and ran a portable dehumidifier inside this cupboard with a small fan inside a drawer above it. This way the fan blows some air around but not heavily and directly onto the buds.

The humidity dropped to around 59-60. I decided to jar the crispy buds and the humidity in the jar is now 59. Would you say this means the buds have over dried?

Obviously as I open the jars outside this cupboard, it will suck 70%+ back in.

Should i just keep the buds in the jar at 59% and not open unless it goes over 65%?
Sounds spot on. Usually try to dry mine to 58-59% then into a jar with boveda 62 and good to go. Just pop them open once a day for a week or so to exchange the air in the jars

Sounds spot on. Usually try to dry mine to 58-59% then into a jar with boveda 62 and good to go. Just pop them open once a day for a week or so to exchange the air in the jars
Its risky popping them open for sure. Because the exchange of air will bring in the humidity from my environment.. 70%. I'll just keep an eye on them. Going to buy a food grade bucket so i can cure a large batch in there and keep an eye on humidity better. Instead of purchasing like 15 hygrometers to place into 15 jars

Its risky popping them open for sure. Because the exchange of air will bring in the humidity from my environment.. 70%. I'll just keep an eye on them. Going to buy a food grade bucket so i can cure a large batch in there and keep an eye on humidity better. Instead of purchasing like 15 hygrometers to place into 15 jars
Once you're dry, opening them in a humid room is no problem. They won't absorb room humidity unless you dump the jar out or leave it open. Need to open the jars to replace the stagnant air in the jar with "clean" air. I'll usually move the buds around in the jars just to make sure no moist air just stuck between touching buds. Next run try the Grove bags, they work really well and way less hassle than burping jars

Once you're dry, opening them in a humid room is no problem. They won't absorb room humidity unless you dump the jar out or leave it open. Need to open the jars to replace the stagnant air in the jar with "clean" air. I'll usually move the buds around in the jars just to make sure no moist air just stuck between touching buds. Next run try the Grove bags, they work really well and way less hassle than burping jars
Do u know where i will get those grove bags in the uk at a good price? Can it be any of those kind of ziplock bags or does it have to be branded as terploc

Do u know where i will get those grove bags in the uk at a good price? Can it be any of those kind of ziplock bags or does it have to be branded as terploc
I buy them from them from their website. Don't know if they ship to uk. Look around AFN, there's a section for grove bags and I think they have a rep who floats around on here. I'm sure you can message them... Think it's about $1/bag plus $5 to pack and ship in the US at least

It is a problem. My jar was at 61%. I opened for a few seconds for some new air to come in and inside of the jar has shot up to 78% humidity. Shit is ridiculous man would send ya mental

Right. It gives us the blues sometimes. @61, you should have left it closed. It’s not good to keep adding moisture.

Right. It gives us the blues sometimes. @61, you should have left it closed. It’s not good to keep adding moisture.
I was going to keep it closed. I will now and only burp when it goes out of curing range. Shit is a nightmare because of my climate. I cant afford to pay like $200 on a good dehumidifirr this month. Thankfully its went back to 61

Back