Harvest & Curing Brown bag drying help

MrAutoGrower

Learning as I grow
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
3Wok OG
Alright lads

So I've been drying buds using the paper bag method. I noticed i may have jarred them a bit early so ive put them all back into a paper bag and the humidity inside is 73% despite having the bag sit out over night for 2 days. My buds are crispy as hell / dry feeling.

My weather humidity is also 73%. Is there anyway i can drop the humidity in the bag or something? Am i doing something wrong? This is my first attempt with the brown bags.

So it seems the humidity in my bag is relative to my weather outside.

Not sure if i should just leave the bag open for a bit. I want to move onto the curing process so i can put them in jars. But i don't want to be jarring them if the humidity in the bag is that high. I feel like I've lost a bit of smell already from this

20210806_132221.jpg

Alright lads

So I've been drying buds using the paper bag method. I noticed i may have jarred them a bit early so ive put them all back into a paper bag and the humidity inside is 73% despite having the bag sit out over night for 2 days. My buds are crispy as hell / dry feeling.

My weather humidity is also 73%. Is there anyway i can drop the humidity in the bag or something? Am i doing something wrong? This is my first attempt with the brown bags.

So it seems the humidity in my bag is relative to my weather outside.

Not sure if i should just leave the bag open for a bit. I want to move onto the curing process so i can put them in jars. But i don't want to be jarring them if the humidity in the bag is that high. I feel like I've lost a bit of smell already from this

View attachment 1352332

Brown Bags ^_^

I've recently posted something about this, so forgive the copy and paste - it all seems relevant and what i do to dry and cure my buds.
--------

Get some brown paper bags - The bigger ones obvs hold more weed .. but the smaller take away ones work fine, you just need plenty of them.

Line the bottom with golfball sized nuggets (trim em down), and fold the bag over twice at the top (if you've got lots of clothes pegs .. you could pop em on top to seal, but i don't, and don't think it's totally necessary)

Give them a little tussel (shake) to just turn over the buds every day.

Give it 5 days, and go back to find them crispy on the outside! .. You'd think they're ready to jar ... and they are BUT ... check the jars 24 hours later. I find they've rehdrated and need another 24 hours.

I'm so lazy i can't be bothered to put them all back in little bags ... the cure is -- get a box! not a bag for the last 24 hours ... but a box made of cardboard.
Line the bottom of the box and hey presto, 24 hours later back in the jars (may with the boveda 58s or 62s) and burp them as normal for a couple of weeks.

Bish bash bosh - lovely tasting weed for a long time.

Dont let the jars get too hot (as they'll form condensation, and even if the bovedas fix it ... it will leave your weed smelling "funky" after a while)

That's all of my wisdom on drying with brown paper bags, and the following processes! ^_^

:bighug:

You can try putting a hygrometer in different room of the house to find the rh that you are looking for. Place bag in that room. Replace bags every few days because they absorb moisture.
If the stem in the bud snaps, just jar it and give it time to settle. Burp in a room with the correct humidity.

20210806_132221.jpg

No where in my house is under 70. The humidity is 74% outside. Not sure what to do. To jar or not. They feel bone dry on the outside. Ofc they will have moisture inside them though

You can try putting a hygrometer in different room of the house to find the rh that you are looking for. Place bag in that room. Replace bags every few days because they absorb moisture.
If the stem in the bud snaps, just jar it and give it time to settle. Burp in a room with the correct humidity.

I appreciate the detailed post. Unfortunately i cannot do this for stealth reasons.

However, i have a question. Should i just keep the buds inside the bag for another night or just empty them into a card board box.

Do you leave holes in your box? Do you close it over, etc.

I'm just unsure on how to approach this issue right now. I have another 8 or 9 bags drying but they're drying in 70% RH rooms. I can't keep them in a fridge for even a week never mind 15 days right now :(

Just don't want to over dry them and ruin any good smells.

They feel very dry, but i dunno if the bag itself is 70% humidity, or its only saying that because of my current climate

I appreciate the detailed post. Unfortunately i cannot do this for stealth reasons.

However, i have a question. Should i just keep the buds inside the bag for another night or just empty them into a card board box.

Do you leave holes in your box? Do you close it over, etc.

I'm just unsure on how to approach this issue right now. I have another 8 or 9 bags drying but they're drying in 70% RH rooms. I can't keep them in a fridge for even a week never mind 15 days right now :(

Just don't want to over dry them and ruin any good smells.

They feel very dry, but i dunno if the bag itself is 70% humidity, or its only saying that because of my current climate
Uncured bud will be at the humidity of the room.
So you have to get the humidity down. Maybe add a fan or heater to the room. What’s the rh like outside? You may have to place them outside for a few minutes.
I assure you I that the humidity in the bag will be the same or a little higher if you jar it.
I would put some in a jar and give the humidity time to level off in the jar for a more accurate rh reading.

Uncured bud will be at the humidity of the room.
So you have to get the humidity down. Maybe add a fan or heater to the room. What’s the rh like outside? You may have to place them outside for a few minutes.
I assure you I that the humidity in the bag will be the same or a little higher if you jar it.
I would put some in a jar and give the humidity time to level off in the jar for a more accurate rh reading.
Humidity outside is the same as whats inside the bag... in the 70s. Sucks. Thinking of firing them in the fridge for a couple days. Just don't want to ruin this harvest. Im expecting at least 5.5-6oz from this girl

Humidity outside is the same as whats inside the bag... in the 70s. Sucks. Thinking of firing them in the fridge for a couple days. Just don't want to ruin this harvest. Im expecting at least 5.5-6oz from this girl
I don’t know anything about the fridge cure. If it works go for it. A small space heater will definitely dry the room out. Set the temp to maintain the humidity that you are looking for. It works.

I don’t know anything about the fridge cure. If it works go for it. A small space heater will definitely dry the room out. Set the temp to maintain the humidity that you are looking for. It works.

My house is actually pretty warm. Around 22 degrees. But the humidity is still super high man. Its a real struggle the now because its summer time here and the weather rh sometimes goes up to 90%

Back