Indoor Bill's Test Thread

Just based on what I've seen with others and my first so-so S1 results, I think timing is key to get the best and quickest results. I think right at the verge of showing sex may be the optimal point for the first application. I thought I hit it on Stomper, but the purple shows sex really early, less than 17. I may have missed it by a couple days.
Bob said to keep hitting it, the hairs should shrivel and man bits should come in...if I miss pollenating the girls I'll have it for a round down the road..

Hey Bill,

Is the liquid you are using clear? Or do you see black sediment on the bottom when you leave the bottle alone for a while? If so there's a problem with the Silver Nitrate solution and you'll have to check that.
If it's clear, keep repeating the treatment every 5 days. The silver should stay between 5 and 7 days in the plant's system. If you're plants are showing signs of dwarfism, don't use the pollen. First off, it probably won't be viable and if it is it will make bad seeds with genetic defects. Only use prime specimens for pollen harvesting. :cheers:

Hey Bill,

Is the liquid you are using clear? Or do you see black sediment on the bottom when you leave the bottle alone for a while? If so there's a problem with the Silver Nitrate solution and you'll have to check that.
If it's clear, keep repeating the treatment every 5 days. The silver should stay between 5 and 7 days in the plant's system. If you're plants are showing signs of dwarfism, don't use the pollen. First off, it probably won't be viable and if it is it will make bad seeds with genetic defects. Only use prime specimens for pollen harvesting. :cheers:
Still clear, no sediment, warm it in a cabinet a couple hours before application and a nice lil froth from the yucca extract (1/2 inch) after a good shake. At this point it's more of a proof of concept thing for me....can I do it....If these two don't take there's still the 3BOG that's getting it before even going to flower and it's a nice little thing (ie..same size as the other 3)....I'll get it figured out eventually, if others can do it, so can I..

Morning tent check..All seems well. Maybe a little nite burn.
IMG_20220513_051404.jpg

edit: So after consulting a calendar a bit it seems I'm not as far into the grow as I was thinking... At about 3 weeks on the 6 auto pot testers....feel better about their size now, lol.

Last edited:
Still clear, no sediment, warm it in a cabinet a couple hours before application and a nice lil froth from the yucca extract (1/2 inch) after a good shake. At this point it's more of a proof of concept thing for me....can I do it....If these two don't take there's still the 3BOG that's getting it before even going to flower and it's a nice little thing (ie..same size as the other 3)....I'll get it figured out eventually, if others can do it, so can I..
Do you shut the light off after application? The silver get's better absorbed when the plants are in the dark. :thumbsup:

Do you shut the light off after application? The silver get's better absorbed when the plants are in the dark. :thumbsup:
I will from now on. I have been doing it in the mornings, pull them out of tent onto shaded front porch, spray, dry, spray, dry, back into tent....about a 2 hour process.

Morning tent check.
IMG_20220514_062517.jpg

Plan on pulling the roundies out and hand fill the trays with water today. Everyone gets their respective treatments. Will take individual pics then. The big girls were a little droopy last night si they got watered, going into flower they taking up a lot more now.....noticed top leaves on the GT curling a bit, maybe sign of the STS doing something.

I will from now on. I have been doing it in the mornings, pull them out of tent onto shaded front porch, spray, dry, spray, dry, back into tent....about a 2 hour process.
I give it at least 6 hours of darkness for the STS to do it's thing.

Bob, I noticed while while going through yours and Sawney's threads a mention of clipping the reversed section and letting it finish in a glass of water......could you explain it a bit?.
Well, that tactic is a bit of a crapshoot... If you're to early then the pollen won't be ripe. If you are to late...well. don't need to paint that picture do I :shrug:
I watch the formation of the male flowers. The first ones to appear can be ignored as there won't be any pollen in them. So I remove the branch I treated from the plant with a sharp knife. Then using the knife I scrape the bark away and if the branch is thick then I cut it open length wise. Then put it somewhere else in a glass of tapwater with some hydrogen peroxide added to that. I set the glass on a piece of paper on the windowsill and periodically change the water and add some H2O2 until the flowers release their pollen.
From then on it's the same as with other pollen. Collect it from the paper and try to avoid plant particles. Put it into a small container and add some dried out rice grains to suck up the remaining moisture. Leave it in the container for a couple of days and then put it into the freezer for long time storage or use it just after collection. Just remember, moisture is your enemy when it comes to pollen. :thumbsup:

I give it at least 6 hours of darkness for the STS to do it's thing.

Well, that tactic is a bit of a crapshoot... If you're to early then the pollen won't be ripe. If you are to late...well. don't need to paint that picture do I :shrug:
I watch the formation of the male flowers. The first ones to appear can be ignored as there won't be any pollen in them. So I remove the branch I treated from the plant with a sharp knife. Then using the knife I scrape the bark away and if the branch is thick then I cut it open length wise. Then put it somewhere else in a glass of tapwater with some hydrogen peroxide added to that. I set the glass on a piece of paper on the windowsill and periodically change the water and add some H2O2 until the flowers release their pollen.
From then on it's the same as with other pollen. Collect it from the paper and try to avoid plant particles. Put it into a small container and add some dried out rice grains to suck up the remaining moisture. Leave it in the container for a couple of days and then put it into the freezer for long time storage or use it just after collection. Just remember, moisture is your enemy when it comes to pollen. :thumbsup:
Ok..better to just remove them to the back deck and let em do their thing.....too much of a novice to try that strategy ...maybe later after I get a couple seed runs under my belt.

Back