Indoor Bill's Test Thread

Hey @Bill.de.Cat ! I am running a copy of your grow method. I've got three tiny clones in pots of big box store soil and off the shelf osmocote. Going to run just tap water and see how it goes! I'll tag you when I get the thread started.
Osmocote is pretty damn cheap compared to some of the stuff we been using. Only difference I can see id the soil I used when I mixed it in was already used once so pretty sure any nutes in it was gone when I mixed. My next run doing the SeedStockers GnS was going to be a start fresh with new soil just like a 1st time grower might.

Preliminary tally
A couple days hanging, a few days in the paper bags and much trimming. Just over 21oz going into cure bags.
IMG20230204090044.jpg

Going to be doing a little reworking on the tent. Got new lights coming to get better coverage and more intensity, maybe using a screen to make spreading easier. Waiting on SS seeds for a featured grow.
Meanwhile I'll be pulling pots, cleaning, dumping soil and mixing in more Osmocote.....gonna ride that train till it starts giving me problems, but I sure like the water only style.

Going to be doing a little reworking on the tent. Got new lights coming to get better coverage and more intensity, maybe using a screen to make spreading easier. Waiting on SS seeds for a featured grow.
Meanwhile I'll be pulling pots, cleaning, dumping soil and mixing in more Osmocote.....gonna ride that train till it starts giving me problems, but I sure like the water only style.
Well, ya have several bags that proves it works!

Found some other info which could be why I seem to be doing fairly well with the Plus version.
While Osmocote mainly offers nitrogen, potassium and phosphorous, Osmocote Plus contains other nutrients in smaller amounts. These nutrients include boron, copper and magnesium, among others. In all, Osmocote Plus offers an additional 11 nutrients, while other products tend to offer fewer

Final Conclusions
Well, after doing the STS test and a few grows using a cheap alternative nutrient and not so stringent methods ( no pH testing ) I feel this could be a viable solution for first time growers just wanting to get a couple under their belt before moving on to more exotic nutrients and styles of growing and for anyone who tired of all the fiddling and just wants a lazy grow. Hope it helps someone out down the line. I plan to continue using the Osmocote in my other grows with the same spent HF soil but will consider this thread completed and move on to other journals. :goodluck:

:biggrin: Next up: Seed Stockers White Widow grow.

Thanks Hun

Back