Outdoor Az Sunshine+Black Cream Fem Auto (First Journal)

Ill probably just add a light layer of final soil on top of the perlite, honestly from where it is, you cannot see it at all from the outside. To give you an idea of where this is, imagine a giant canal in the desert with bushes growing in the bottom; im growing inside the center of a cluster of bushes

Alright guys I need some help here; prepare for text vomit.
So yesterday I went and paid a visit to her, and did as I said I would, with intentions of adding extra soil on top of the perlite. When I arrived however, I found the perlite to have this odd browning pattern on the surface; I think this is just from the sun, as I examined the "burnt" pieces and it wasn't occurring all-around, only on the parts facing up towards the sky. What weirds me out even further is the pattern it is in. So I went ahead and added soil on top, as well as gave her a half a gallon of water mixed with the usual 1/8 tsp grow nutrients, and went about my day. As far as soil moisture goes, it was definitely leaning towards the thirsty side. Other than that she WAS LOOKING GOOD...until I came today.
Today in general has personally been kind of a crap day, and so when I went to check on my plant this just kinda kicked me while im already down, so I'm hoping you guys can give my soul a bit of peace....as you can see, someTHING came and got rid of the leaves of my plant....the only one's it had. Pretty sure based on common sense this will fuck me over, since my brain tells me plants need sunlight and they absorb sunlight through their leaves to grow....so. How is this thing gonna grow, if it's got no fucking leaves? Sorry for the language here, just really upset this happened. As im posting this im headed back now to wrap in saran wrap to make sure nothing else gets in there hopefully and makes a meal of my work.
yesterdaysmh.jpg
29burn.jpg
today.jpg
todaybs.jpg

Alright guys I need some help here; prepare for text vomit.
So yesterday I went and paid a visit to her, and did as I said I would, with intentions of adding extra soil on top of the perlite. When I arrived however, I found the perlite to have this odd browning pattern on the surface; I think this is just from the sun, as I examined the "burnt" pieces and it wasn't occurring all-around, only on the parts facing up towards the sky. What weirds me out even further is the pattern it is in. So I went ahead and added soil on top, as well as gave her a half a gallon of water mixed with the usual 1/8 tsp grow nutrients, and went about my day. As far as soil moisture goes, it was definitely leaning towards the thirsty side. Other than that she WAS LOOKING GOOD...until I came today.
Today in general has personally been kind of a crap day, and so when I went to check on my plant this just kinda kicked me while im already down, so I'm hoping you guys can give my soul a bit of peace....as you can see, someTHING came and got rid of the leaves of my plant....the only one's it had. Pretty sure based on common sense this will fuck me over, since my brain tells me plants need sunlight and they absorb sunlight through their leaves to grow....so. How is this thing gonna grow, if it's got no fucking leaves? Sorry for the language here, just really upset this happened. As im posting this im headed back now to wrap in saran wrap to make sure nothing else gets in there hopefully and makes a meal of my work. View attachment 857243 View attachment 857242 View attachment 857246 View attachment 857247

Ahhh man, I am so so sorry to hear about this [emoji85][emoji29] that’s the worst, I wish that upon no body!!!

So I don’t have experience with the leaves being eaten off, but I think you should leave it. There is no harm in leaving it for now. Unless you require the space?

It could have been a bird, but more likely some type of bug. Now weather it flew onto the pot or crawled up there is another story. For those crawling critters, I suggest you get some insecticide and Apply it around the pot, about 10cm away from it.

Alternatively you can get a natural pesticide filled with garlic, onions, and all those delicious things. You could even google a recipe. These aren’t supposed to harm your plants, I spray my fruit trees with them as the new leaves sprout (damn aphids). So you could get some of that, and then spray the ground on the outer edge of the soil in the pot if you’re worried about a direct application to your young un! I would rather go for this option, Organic, less harm to the environment and less risk to your plants.

The ultimate alternative is to use Greenskells transplant pot method and grow your babies till the third node somewhere safe, perhaps even a windowsill. Or in a cage haha. Then transplant ( for next time)

In terms of the brown stuff, is that not where you have watered the soil? It could be some growth, I wouldn’t worry about it so much as long as your plant looks healthy!

On a not so scientific level, focus on positive thoughts only when you’re around your ladies, even if you had a KAK day! Take your phone, and if no one will be able to hear, play your favorite songs softly - good vibes only brother. I wish you the best of luck!!! ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

***DISCLAIMER - TAKE MY ADVISE WITH A PINCH OF SALT AND MAYBE WAIT FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO VERIFY - I AM STILL A BEGINNER, THESE ARE JUST METHODS WHICH HAVE WORKED FOR ME***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay guys, interesting update and information I found out today while visiting. Upon arrival I noticed the saran wrap almost covered in water underneath, as well as appearing so humid that it was gray, and potentially blocking out sunlight. On top of that I think I may have wrapped it too thick last time, and when I re-wrapped I only did one single piece. (side note, when I re-wrapped her despite using one piece, the saran wrap began to excessively fog, I'm pretty sure it's because I did it after watering her, combined with the heat) Aside from giving her a cup-cup and a half of water, I gave her 1/4 tsp of nutes. I know I may burn her early on and potentially cause too much stress, but at this point I'm experimental and optimistic. Besides, I've had a card up my sleeve I've been waiting to show you guys.
That last picture here is another baby I germed back when I was worried this current leaf-less bastard would not sprout, and after only 2 days of germing in a paper towel and a day in my warm glovebox, she had a taproot about half an inch long! I planted her, and after another 48 hours she sprouted, reaching for sunlight! It's been 2 days, I held off on nutes the first day and only gave her 6 tablespoons of water. Today however I went ahead and diluted 1/8 tsp of grow nutes in 6 tbsp water and only gave her 4.5 tbsp. Gonna nute her up every other day for this one, and I will probably transplant in 2 or 3 weeks. I have high hopes for this one, I can actually already see the purple on her leaves!!

Attachments

• huh.jpg
    huh.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 86
  • nope.jpg
    nope.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 96
  • weird.jpg
    weird.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 91
  • hehhe.jpg
    hehhe.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 86
  • wfasfsa.jpg
    wfasfsa.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 86
let us know how the little one does! Also, next time you are there consider putting some holes into that film, to allow some more humidity out. Be careful seedlings in a space thats too humid!

Nice contingency plan, shes looking good! :) good vibes brother!

GOOD MORNING AFN!!! Hope you guys all had a good wake and bake sesh, I know I did. As I was participating in such, I of course checked on yogurt cup seedling, and wowiewow was I surprised. Her leaves have not only doubled in size, but she is starting on a whole new set! These things were tiny last night when i fed her, but they are definitely more predominant today! Ill snag you guys some pictures later on today when I feed her again:baked:

heeh.jpg
Afternoon guys! Brought you all some pictures to brighten up the drab Monday, feast your eyes on "Recovery" and "Yogurt Cup"! yogurt cup is officially 2 weeks in today, which means more nute goodness! Recovery is almost on week 3 and showing signs of excellent progress and rejuvenation, only odd thing is the leaf formation she is developing, I'm sorry the camera blurred it, sun is hella bright. I'm predicting she will be close to if not 3 weeks behind on the harvest, which im not worried about considering she is in a pretty big pot, and she experienced some pretty harsh early trauma. Anyways, cheers guys!

Attachments

• rec.jpg
    rec.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 71
Ahhh! So glad to see that ‘Recovery’ is on the road to recovery[emoji51] and look, no matter what the yield/potency etc, every grow is beneficial in that you learn. And good on you for not giving up, and for keeping on!! I know a lot of people here would just turf that little lady, so keep it up!

YC is looking gooood! I cannot wait to see her outside man [emoji51] also, I had an idea for her, why don’t you get some wire, make a cylinder around the pot, and cover the top. You can spray paint the wire brown to blend in, but from what you’ve said, it seems like your pot is very hard to see? Just an idea. I’m thinking of doing the same for my ladies!

(PS, if using the right wire, and make a wide enough cylinder, would it be possible to use this as a scrog method once the plant reaches the top?? Any one care to comment? Of course height etc can be planned, outdoor scrog! Just throwing thoughts around) one thing, could that wire get too hot??

Peace brother, best vibrations and positive energy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back