Outdoor Az Sunshine+Black Cream Fem Auto (First Journal)

Ahhh! So glad to see that ‘Recovery’ is on the road to recovery[emoji51] and look, no matter what the yield/potency etc, every grow is beneficial in that you learn. And good on you for not giving up, and for keeping on!! I know a lot of people here would just turf that little lady, so keep it up!

YC is looking gooood! I cannot wait to see her outside man [emoji51] also, I had an idea for her, why don’t you get some wire, make a cylinder around the pot, and cover the top. You can spray paint the wire brown to blend in, but from what you’ve said, it seems like your pot is very hard to see? Just an idea. I’m thinking of doing the same for my ladies!

(PS, if using the right wire, and make a wide enough cylinder, would it be possible to use this as a scrog method once the plant reaches the top?? Any one care to comment? Of course height etc can be planned, outdoor scrog! Just throwing thoughts around) one thing, could that wire get too hot??

Peace brother, best vibrations and positive energy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look man. Not gonna lie. I was gonna do this, but MUCH LATER as a kind of DIY/LST method. I really love the way LST stretches and therapeutically maximizes a grow, and I thought if I had a wire mesh with a cylinder frame structure, I could pull the stocks as they grow up at a constant angle, with the end result looking almost like a tornado. I'll see if I can do a schematic or some sorts in Photoshop, for my sake when I make it and so you guys can hopefully see what I mean

Alright guys, today marks a big step for yogurt cup. She was watered with about 4 tbsp last night when I fed her, and this morning I came home from class, to find the soil BONE DRY. The runoff section when I checked with my pinkie was also dry, so due to the rapidly rising temperatures and her impressive size increase over the last few days, I decided I am going to transplant her to her final pot. She is currently on day 10 as of today, and I really want her to begin stretching those roots out while she is still fairly young, ill post a pic when shes all finished as I am currently doing it now

Here's some pics of yogurt cup and recovery! I went ahead and cut a total of 6 slots at the bottom of yogurt cup as drain holes, as well as already went and dug another hole next to recovery for yogurt cup to chill in. Tomorrow I will be upping yogurt cup's nutes as schedule calls for, so hopefully we see some explosive growth in the next 2 weeks!
27787484_956521697857972_609611865_o.jpg
27846417_956521701191305_1860579973_o.jpg
27907369_956521677857974_1599452779_o.jpg
wadsad.jpg

I'm not sure how to start this, so I guess I'll just jump in.
Recovery faced yet another setback....Came to check on her today and found her uprooted, lying in the soil. 2 bits of her leaves were removed and lying in the soil as well, and the saran wrap was torn off and lying in the dirt a foot away. Looked like a murder scene...
I scooped her up and took her back to my place, where I repotted her into a smaller container, and honestly at this point she is an experiment. I will try to nurse her back to health, but I am pretty sure after the trauma she has endured I can only do so much at this point. I held off the nutes for her today as well.
NOW ONTO YOGURT CUP. HOLY SHIT. This thing is nutty. I mean she has exploded. Today I increase her nutes again, and cannot wait till the end of the week to see what she grows into. Other then that, pretty mellow Monday for me, guys.

Attachments

• 28034907_959263247583817_1294613238_o.jpg
    28034907_959263247583817_1294613238_o.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 28080225_959263884250420_1147753535_o.jpg
    28080225_959263884250420_1147753535_o.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 91
Wonder if your spot is compromised as someone has noticed you going in and out of there.
Unlikely, I go normally at noon exactly or an hour after, either nobody is home or they are inside; I spent quite awhile finding the ideal spot that was off the beaten path, but close enough to me where I could monitor her daily. I live in a pretty rural and "old peoplish" area haha, no this was someTHING that sabotaged it. The leaves looked as if something wanted them, with how they were laying around. I honestly think something just wanted food or material. [HASHTAG]#MotherNature[/HASHTAG] I guess. Plus like @GreensKeeper said, this is a learning experience; I learned I need to baby them more then I did already and just keep em close to me like I did with Yogurt Cup! (Who, btw, is insane haha)

I'm not sure how to start this, so I guess I'll just jump in.
Recovery faced yet another setback....Came to check on her today and found her uprooted, lying in the soil. 2 bits of her leaves were removed and lying in the soil as well, and the saran wrap was torn off and lying in the dirt a foot away. Looked like a murder scene...
I scooped her up and took her back to my place, where I repotted her into a smaller container, and honestly at this point she is an experiment. I will try to nurse her back to health, but I am pretty sure after the trauma she has endured I can only do so much at this point. I held off the nutes for her today as well.
NOW ONTO YOGURT CUP. HOLY SHIT. This thing is nutty. I mean she has exploded. Today I increase her nutes again, and cannot wait till the end of the week to see what she grows into. Other then that, pretty mellow Monday for me, guys.

Heeectic bro! Something really wants that little lady, and I am sorry to hear about her further trauma. She will be stunted for sure, but just keep at it if you are willing to put the energy in, you can only learn more (which is the goal!).

I am glad to see YC is doing very well, she sure looks like she is going steady. Am I right in saying she is close by to Recovery? If so, then I doubt it was a human who came to mess with your goodies, otherwise why did they not mess with YC?

I do see one issue, that the saran wrap is off at the murder scene (so you need to protect YC with another method)... This means that what ever did that, is able to access YC aswell and perform damage. I am sure a lot of critters in that area would love to nom on some delicious smelling, and looking, green foliage (doesnt look like there is much other green foliage around?). Could you send a list of what type of critters live in your area? Could some wind have gotten under that saran wrap and blown it off? Have you managed to obtain some natural organicide?

Sending good energy your way!!

@GreensKeeper they were in 2 completely different locations at least 2 miles from each other; YC has been in my "personal care" if you will, currently...I have not guerilla'd her JUST yet, as I am playing it smart with her and waiting until she is sturdy and strong enough, at the earliest possible time I want to start LST'ing her, and I'm already preparing a new seed to germ, so I'll bounce back :pass:
As far as critters, yea I'll post up the list I comp'd for everybody, hopefully somebody else in a desert-type climate could notice too, the more the merrier:
Centipedes
Leaf cutter bees(possible suspect to me, only the saran would have to have to have been removed already; the az breed are nasty little black/brown shits, I have hearing them and I have heard them around the grow area)
Scorpions
Hummingbirds
beetles(maybe, I haven't heard any cases nor think its possible for them to live where the grow is, like you said it is actually a very dry and brown-tan area.
Honestly that is it, I cant really think of anything else. There weren't many clues other than what I already mentioned. As far as wind on the saran wrap, it is entirely possible and your claim is most likely what happened;
For the past 3-4 days Az has had some sketch weather, it was windy about 3 days ago, and yesterday it was completely overcast, no sun :( today its been slightly overcast, the sun is definitely shade-requiring today though. The saran-wrap also did not cling to the pot much, if any. I always had to stress it just to the breaking point and wrap it weird angles, etc etc. YC is different, the Tide detergent bucket allows the saran to stick to it, plus the added black coat of paint is practically glue to it, she is safe. So far I have tried researching organic pesticides, but it is too vast of a result that I can't exactly narrow it down, on top of being all organic, and okay for my girl. I would appreciate any help you guys have to offer in that field!

Alright, so Az has been doing drugs these past few days...we have not had a single sunny day since Sunday! Sun is peeking through today thank goodness; however the rain did some mean things to my plant...I went to check on her, and the saran wrap I had placed over her to prevent overwatering had sunk in with water being in the center, SMOOSHING MY PRECIOUS PLANT!!! I did not account for this and as a result im pretty upset considering im smarter than this and I should have thought it out more, like poking some holes in the top to prevent it. Regardless, did some damage to the stem base, what do you guys think? In my honest opinion, I think she will be alright in a few days, and if anything, I'm callin it some aggressive one-time LST'ing haha.
28124943_960933677416774_1418811341_o.jpg
28169788_960933674083441_1411999466_o.jpg
28170718_960933660750109_1405558481_o.jpg
28171388_960933657416776_523908_o.jpg

Whats good AFN!!!! So a little update on YC, she is doing just fine she is working on her 3rd set of leaves, and the stem is definitely starting to thicken up, so im going to begin some light lst'ing later tomorrow or later this week. She does look a tad underdeveloped, and its the result of a few things here in az:
*These past few days the high temp average has been in the 70's, mid 60's.
*Not alot of constant sunlight, we just had a slight wind bought the past day, and before that its been muggy and moist, boys.
*Underfeeding
I feel I have been giving her just barely enough nutrients for roots to develope like they should, and to be honest in the 3rd week, I experimented and gave her EXTRA nutes, partially to see if she could take it and to see the results. Well, she soaked them up and did NOT show any signs of burning, so I stuck with that until the end of week 3. We are now on week 4, and I am currently giving her 1 full tsp of grow nutrients, so hopefully these 2 following weeks bring some size to the table! I'll snag you guys some pics today once I get home

Back