New Grower AutoCobs/AutoPots in 4x4 Tent, Unboxing and Setup

I did not forget that I said I would get the tent venting to the outdoors last weekend. I did not manage to get it done but I didn't forget it either! I did get a piece of plywood cut out to fit in the basement window casing, painted it to match the house, cut a vent hole, and installed the vent cowling. Here is a picture of the finished assembly:

IMG_20170601_194030086.jpg

It should look like a perfectly inocent utility vent from the outside. From the inside it can easily connect to the 6" flexible ducting running from my tent with a hose clamp. You may observe that I have a 6" to 4" reducer there. I could only find a 4" vent cowl locally, plus I happen to own a 4" hole saw and not a 6", so I went with a 4" vent hole. Hopefully the airflow is not unduly restricted. Installing this and connecting it should be a cinch now, the only reason I'm waiting is that the weather has been rainy and the paint is still drying.

The only reason I went with autopot-usa was that they stocked the autopot tubing and webhydroponics didn't, we'll see if I regret that decision...
You can use "soaker" tubing..And now web hydroponics stocks everything, including the autopot tubing cut into lengths.

Jumping on in to see the end, subbing up :pop:

Good to have you, Slater, thanks for the support! Bad news is this thread is almost over, good news is that the reason being I'm gong to start a new thread with the grow cause the setup is almost done!

You can use "soaker" tubing..And now web hydroponics stocks everything, including the autopot tubing cut into lengths.

Nosias if you have a link to the tubing I swear I scoured their site looking for it! Thought of using outdoor irrigation tubing which you can get 1/2" or 1/4" pretty cheap, I'm actually putting some irrigation in my vegetable garden hopefully this year so I'll be able to evaluate that.

Quick bit of exciting news...

Stopped at home yesterday real quick on the way to a party. There was a package sitting there. Now there are only two packages I'm expecting, one being airdomes and the other being seeds. This was a very small package so I got very excited. I don't know how those folks at mephisto got them to me so quick, I suspect teleportation, but there they were one day after I received the shipment notification!

I'm not posting unboxing pics, don't want to give away their shipping techniques, but here are the contents all unpacked!

IMG_20170602_180241953.jpg

The seed packs, some really beautiful packaging!
IMG_20170602_180337255.jpg

The back has a holographic seal FFS
IMG_20170602_180408183.jpg

Couldn't help myself, cracked open the Northern Cheese pack to see what was inside. They are packed in little vials inside the resealable seed packs, really top notch packaging! The NCH package also happened to contain a vial of freebies!
IMG_20170602_180712473.jpg

I placed a small order because, well call me paranoid, they are pricey and I wanted to see it all work one time before I got too invested. I only ordered two three-packs of seeds because they said they always give you an extra, which would give me a seed for each pot as long as they all germinate. Well, I needn't have worried, they sent me FIVE seeds each of both strains, plus a freebie pack of FIVE SEEDS of Man Bear Alien Pig!

Just pointing out--I ordered six seeds and received... 15 FUCK YEAH! Locked and loaded to grow!!!! :shooty:

More updates, a friend stopped by today and we got the venting finished

From the basement
IMG_20170603_204406131.jpg

From outside, can't even tell there's anything there
IMG_20170603_155928528.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170603_210322478.jpg
    IMG_20170603_210322478.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 70
I'm working on squaring away the environmental factors now that I have the venting installed. I've kept a temperature/hygrometer that records the high/low readings plugged in for the past few days with the tent open and the dehumidifier off to get a baseline reading. As you can see the temps are too low and the humidity too high, but this is not necessarily bad because with the lights on the temps will go up and the humidity down.
IMG_20170603_203634430.jpg

I've run an extension cord over to the tent and turned the fan on low and all the lights on. After a few hours here was the new reading
IMG_20170603_210439429.jpg

So already much better and withing tolerable range. I'll run it a couple more days to get the idea of what the highs and lows are with the lights/fans on and optimize the lighting schedule. I'm going to have some plants in there hopefully by next weekend!

Couple other random thoughts. With the fan on low I can't even tell that it is on in my bedroom, and its pushing a good amount of air you can tell from the vent outside. I did notice a few light leaks in my tent with the lights out in the basement--you can see the dot of light in the pic

IMG_20170603_210322478(1).jpg

My friend and I also installed this puppy above the tent. Now that the light and fans are going can't be too safe
IMG_20170603_164146081.jpg

Looks like your just about in range! The lights wont create much more heat than where you are now and once you get those Mephisto ladies in there with a few leaves, the humidity will go up a bit as well! You've got the makings of an awesome grow! Congrats! And slight light leaks are perfectly fine with autos! No worries there!

Back