New Grower AutoCobs/AutoPots in 4x4 Tent, Unboxing and Setup

Hey @BigSm0, missed replying to a few of these...

Will you be using saucers under the pots? I don't see many people using them even though it's little money for the convience but flood tables make great catch pans for multiple plants. A slight pitch in the back and the runoff should drain forward. A shop vac and that working wash sink could make easy use of the waste afterwards. Love the thoroughness!

I'll probably make a sort of modified flood table. Tilted toward the door of the tent as you mentioned. Definitely want to make sure I can handle one of those valves busting.

To answer the question I use the resivour in the above picture for my soil plants. Typically mix 30 gallons at a time so a larger tank is necessary.

Nice, that is the way to do it! I got a buddy who mixes in five gallon buckets then has to haul them into the grow room. He was my inspiration for setting it up so that I never needed to carry any water around.

The waterproof tray works well but there is also the chance for condensation to build up. Hot tent and cold floor. The mats should help with that.

Yup hope the mat helps. I may kind of build a box out of plywood that fits into the bottom of the tent and then use the supplied mylar tray as a waterproof insert for it. That should reinforce the flood tray and add a little more insulation. I got a spare sheet laying around too.

Also you will be happy to know that I just placed an order with @mephisto genetics. Northern Cheese Haze and Sour Livers, some of their new strains. Both supposed to be high yield and high potency. Getting ready to blow this tent up!:yay:

Hey @BigSm0, missed replying to a few of these...

I'll probably make a sort of modified flood table. Tilted toward the door of the tent as you mentioned. Definitely want to make sure I can handle one of those valves busting.

Nice, that is the way to do it! I got a buddy who mixes in five gallon buckets then has to haul them into the grow room. He was my inspiration for setting it up so that I never needed to carry any water around.

Yup hope the mat helps. I may kind of build a box out of plywood that fits into the bottom of the tent and then use the supplied mylar tray as a waterproof insert for it. That should reinforce the flood tray and add a little more insulation. I got a spare sheet laying around too.

Also you will be happy to know that I just placed an order with @mephisto genetics. Northern Cheese Haze and Sour Livers, some of their new strains. Both supposed to be high yield and high potency. Getting ready to blow this tent up!:yay:
You'll be more than satisfied with these strains. I had the luxury of growing them last month and I have to say I don't see how they can keep improving but they do. Nch and sour livers are the most amazing seeds I have ever dropped in soil

So big smo howany auto cob would it take to max out my 4×4 tent with Amare se 450 in the middle I'm not running any co2 thanks

Reactions: SPZ
So big smo howany auto cob would it take to max out my 4×4 tent with Amare se 450 in the middle I'm not running any co2 thanks
I think the Amare is more than enough on its own. Sure I like to sell lights but this isn't the space for it. If you plan to expand the tent then I can help you out. Or if you have a veg space outside the 4x4.

I think the Amare is more than enough on its own. Sure I like to sell lights but this isn't the space for it. If you plan to expand the tent then I can help you out. Or if you have a veg space outside the 4x4.

Oh wow well as of right now I have 2 4×4 tents using about 150 watts for veg of spectrum king and cxa cob chip and 80 watts of cxa with Amare se 450 for flower so I probably should expand lol

Oh wow well as of right now I have 2 4×4 tents using about 150 watts for veg of spectrum king and cxa cob chip and 80 watts of cxa with Amare se 450 for flower so I probably should expand lol
That's definitely a lot of light. My last 4x4 and my current 4x4 are only using 220 watts start to finish.

Ok so I've been trolling through the old forums threads and I've made some executive decisions today. First I am going to grow in straight coco and skip the clay pebbles and perlite. They will be fun for playing with other hydro setups down the line or for re-potting house plants. Here's a quote from Corgy that helped convince me.

See instructions here http://www.autopot.co.uk/autopot-airdome . . . . . . . Noticed that the previous useless advise to use clay pellets at the bottom has now been removed. . . . . Lol

Second I ordered the airdomes for my autopots. All the growers I am trying to emulate are using them. Here is a quote from Hans talking up the airdomes:

Yes I'm quite happy with how they're working so far... This is only my second autopot grow (first one without airdomes) but the growth does seem much more vigorous this time around, and they have definitely been drinking at a much quicker pace too with the extra oxygen they're getting.

So I've ordered them from www.autopot-usa.com. That site is a little spendy but they have all the accessories for the autopots so I also bought some official autopot tubing (I can return the unused poly tubing to the home depot) and a few replacement filters. If you spend more than $20 you don't incur a $5 handling fee. I also ordered the Tetra Whisper air pump that Hans uses for his airdomes except I selected the 100-gallon version for the four pots.

These things better grow some grass.

That's definitely a lot of light. My last 4x4 and my current 4x4 are only using 220 watts start to finish.

Your not using your amare anymore are you growing autos or photoperiod. What kind of yield are you getting with 220 watts be if that the case I just get a 4×8 tent and put the Amare in the middle with 2 AutoCobs on each side of the Amare does this sound in the right ballpark if I wanted to expand

Ok so I've been trolling through the old forums threads and I've made some executive decisions today. First I am going to grow in straight coco and skip the clay pebbles and perlite. They will be fun for playing with other hydro setups down the line or for re-potting house plants. Here's a quote from Corgy that helped convince me.

Second I ordered the airdomes for my autopots. All the growers I am trying to emulate are using them. Here is a quote from Hans talking up the airdomes:

Hansbricks said:
Yes I'm quite happy with how they're working so far... This is only my second autopot grow (first one without airdomes) but the growth does seem much more vigorous this time around, and they have definitely been drinking at a much quicker pace too with the extra oxygen they're getting.

So I've ordered them from www.autopot-usa.com. That site is a little spendy but they have all the accessories for the autopots so I also bought some official autopot tubing (I can return the unused poly tubing to the home depot) and a few replacement filters. If you spend more than $20 you don't incur a $5 handling fee. I also ordered the Tetra Whisper air pump that Hans uses for his airdomes except I selected the 100-gallon version for the four pots.

These things better grow some grass.

Regarding the airdomes, I agree 100 %, however regarding @Hansbricks comment, I suspect that a good deal of the increased drinking is actually increased evaporation due to the airflow through the media. I sometimes Flush/Cleanse my pots from the top with Florakleen to saturation and run-off into the tray.....it bubbles alright at the top of the coco and in the tray too as soon as run off starts trickling through......I've tried turning off the airdome in a couple of pots out of 6 that I handwatered for a little while, but that assumes each plant drinks the same, so my observation that the airdome off pots did require less frequent watering to run off from the tray may be just that, a perception.........I lost interest in the hand watering for some reason and with it the experiment whittled......lol

This suspected increase in evaporation is suspected of contributing to a possible build-up of salts, hence the Florakleen hullaballoo every now and then, usually mid-way and 2 times in connection with Ripen the last 2 weeks. I try to follow instructions asper GH, but it may not always be that I think GH is smarter than me and I may accidentally try doing thing a little, or grossly, different.....whether all my efforts actually amount to making any difference is debatable, but it makes me feel a smidgen research-ish and wild west explor-ish, where's that white coat and the hair net with the concealed colt 45.....

Excellent choice of the Tetra whisper, I have 3 in various sizes for my aquariums, been running silently for more than 4 years the oldest has......without a single hiccup or trying to get into my jars......

anyone paying ANY ATTENTION TO THIS DO SO AT THEIR PLANTS OWN RISK........there, that was THAT disclaimer out of the way..... LOL

Last edited:
Back