Lighting Autocob grow with big sm0 and mephisto.

That's my next upgrade, a good but lower btu airconditioner. Got a 10,000 btu portable..... ugggh... noisier than hell and not terribly efficient, but was what I could afford at the time. Going back to a window unit. Got some shopping to do.
Window units have come a long way. I forget the numbers now but 3 years time I got the same cooling for nearly half the draw.

Won't work in my situation but with the power reductions I've made getting a smaller unit makes sense and will ad more saving by getting rid of the 10,000 btu portable energy hog and getting an 8000 btu window unit. I've already lopped off 1100 watts by converting to all cob lighting, current total is about 1000 watts of lighting. My room seems to do well with window air conditioners. I keep temps low, 69-72F as I don't use CO2 and my humidity in spring/summer/fall remains 40-43% even when 90%+ outdoors. Temp in the tents is always 70-74F. In winter my humidity is very low, but I don't do anything about it any more, I find it not worth the time or trouble raising humidity and my plants don't seem to care lol!

A little about the Mitsubishi!! This mini split with a few thousand watts of light going is like paradise. It keeps the room within 1-2 degrees and humidity is no longer an issue even with 4+ lbs of crop in the 10x20 space. Lots of people talk about humidity and how to resolve it but every room and situation is different. Being in an outdoor building is very difficult. Adding in 100 square feet of plants is even tougher. So difficult that my 12k btu window Ac couldn't keep up with a 70 pint dehumidifier. Last summer I had temps above 90 indoors and humidity in the high 70's with both units struggling. Now it's 78 degrees and 50% rh and the ac's fan hardly spins as it's under such a light load. Anyone on the fence about buying one should just bite the bullet. They are a miracle for indoor growing. Heating and cooling your home too :smoking:

Won't work in my situation but with the power reductions I've made getting a smaller unit makes sense and will ad more saving by getting rid of the 10,000 btu portable energy hog and getting an 8000 btu window unit. I've already lopped off 1100 watts by converting to all cob lighting, current total is about 1000 watts of lighting. My room seems to do well with window air conditioners. I keep temps low, 69-72F as I don't use CO2 and my humidity in spring/summer/fall remains 40-43% even when 90%+ outdoors. Temp in the tents is always 70-74F. In winter my humidity is very low, but I don't do anything about it any more, I find it not worth the time or trouble raising humidity and my plants don't seem to care lol!

i got a mobile unit myself for my living room and it works pretty well for 30m². It is a 7000 btu unit and did cost me about 200 bucks which is a good price for germany.

Unit:
"Trotec PAC 2000 S" maybe u wanna take a look. keeps my room at 24°C when it has outside about 35°C

Wow man thanks! I had ordered them already though. Super nice of you to offer.

This is what my pots sit in, the frame is elevated and pitched forwards. There is a drain to the outdoors so there shouldn't be any flooding. (Hopefully). Was it an issue with the carrots not shutting the supply off in time?
View attachment 775697
Hey Big, the problem that happens with Blumats is they will flood if your Rez level gets low and you refill it very full. I used to travel a lot for work and used Blumats flawlessly for a long time. However, the pressure changes on a gravity feed system from different water levels. The carrot will need adjustments from time to time. But at all costs, NEVER let your Rez get really empty and then fill up high. If so, stick around for a few days to toy with the drippers. Use Drip clean to avoid clogs. And turn the carrot periodically to avoid Mounds of roots above ground. Blumats work great with Coco. But just be aware of those fee things. Having the runoff tray will avoid floods, but your whole Rez could drain empty if you are not around. Peace,slow

Hey Big, the problem that happens with Blumats is they will flood if your Rez level gets low and you refill it very full. I used to travel a lot for work and used Blumats flawlessly for a long time. However, the pressure changes on a gravity feed system from different water levels. The carrot will need adjustments from time to time. But at all costs, NEVER let your Rez get really empty and then fill up high. If so, stick around for a few days to toy with the drippers. Use Drip clean to avoid clogs. And turn the carrot periodically to avoid Mounds of roots above ground. Blumats work great with Coco. But just be aware of those fee things. Having the runoff tray will avoid floods, but your whole Rez could drain empty if you are not around. Peace,slow
I appreciate this. I will have the main reservoir that should always have plenty of water in it pump to the elevated bucket. That I plan to cycle about 10 times per day. That should keep the 5 gallon bucket full at all times and hopefully eliminate that from happening. I also plan on putting T's at the end of the line so water drips from 2 hoses instead of one.

Hope it works as good as planned

male bd pic1 -9-12-2016.jpg
And I've not seen many people do it, here's a plant in organic soil, in an auto pot. ( Too bad it turned out to be a male! ) And grown under burple Chinese junk!!

That's amazing pop! Lower wattage and bigger yields. Nothing makes me happier than reading this. Well... doing it myself made me pretty happy too lol The savings really is amazing and often overlooked. Big yields don't mean much if it costs a ton to produce.

@BigSm0 Awesome thread and great growing. I'm using an LED for the first time just to test it out. Getting away from HPS. So far so good but will need more lighting in the near future. Definitely glad I ran into this thread. I've read lots of good things about the cobs and think I'd be better off adding these to fill the rest of my 4x4 then getting another PLED. I'm a little late but I'm subbed up and hope to be able to give you some business in the future. Keep on keepin on!

Back