Lighting Autocob grow with big sm0 and mephisto.

I think we who have your cobs lights have become obsessed as well. I can't stop saying that the cobs "blow me away".
I honestly think the ones who have converted to cobs just look at things differently and appreciate them more. Sure hps and regular leds will do the job but the job can be done so much better.

Would something like that work with soil grows? Like an automated water thingamajig lol.. what would be a cheap option for like a 2 plant grow or max 4 plants. I'd love to take the guess work out of watering and let them water themselves.
I think they have kits that go for over 100 plants. I have read a ton over the past 2 days and the blumats seem to be the simplest and least expensive option. Plus I haven't read a bad review yet besides people bitching about the cost of acessories. There is a 5 pack kit on amazon for 45 dollars.

Autopots look nice too but are more expensive and there are a few things I don't really like about them.

@slowandeasy 2 comments above is the plan.

Blumat Deck and Planter Box Kit, Medium Size 12 Plant Stake Kit.

The reviews on these are amazing. What I like the most is there is very little adjusting.

One thing I did think of was instead of the one line that drips from the carrots was to add a splitter and 2 short lengths of line to more evenly water the pots.

Edit.. left a big fat link to amazon which is against the rules. I deleted that and left the title of the product.
Big, I have used Blumats many many times. The kit is perfect to get started. The reason I stopped using them is because they flooded my area more than once. if you buy them, I have many tips for you. In fact, if you just want to try a few PM me. I have some brand new cones and can just send you some to try out for free. Slow

Big, I have used Blumats many many times. The kit is perfect to get started. The reason I stopped using them is because they flooded my area more than once. if you buy them, I have many tips for you. In fact, if you just want to try a few PM me. I have some brand new cones and can just send you some to try out for free. Slow
Wow man thanks! I had ordered them already though. Super nice of you to offer.

This is what my pots sit in, the frame is elevated and pitched forwards. There is a drain to the outdoors so there shouldn't be any flooding. (Hopefully). Was it an issue with the carrots not shutting the supply off in time?
image.jpg

Actually that's pretty good for a mini-split! Hell "consumer" grade airconditioners are considered good at 11.2 EER so you've got no shame!

I hate that I have to answer this. Coming from the biggest energy conservationist in the east coast. 17.5 seer :nono:

My house hold one is 21 seer and I'm also picking up another mitsu 12k that's 26 seer. You do get what you pay for with these. The long term benefit is in higher seer but this is a 1-2 year plan here so 17.5 fits the bill.

It's like buying cobs for a single grow. Not worth it one bit. The guys who are in this for the long haul and plan on numerous harvests get paid back quickly.

Actually that's pretty good for a mini-split! Hell "consumer" grade airconditioners are considered good at 11.2 EER so you've got no shame!

It's much better than a window unit. I was very upset when the hvac tech blew it up. Since this happened I picked up a gently used Mitsubishi for the same price. I forgot the seer on that one now but it's much higher.

Later I got a replacement on the cheaper comfort star and put that in my house. The way it all worked out was a nightmare but in the end the grow room which is the most used and most important is the better more efficient unit.

That's my next upgrade, a good but lower btu airconditioner. Got a 10,000 btu portable..... ugggh... noisier than hell and not terribly efficient, but was what I could afford at the time. Going back to a window unit. Got some shopping to do.

It's much better than a window unit. I was very upset when the hvac tech blew it up. Since this happened I picked up a gently used Mitsubishi for the same price. I forgot the seer on that one now but it's much higher.

Later I got a replacement on the cheaper comfort star and put that in my house. The way it all worked out was a nightmare but in the end the grow room which is the most used and most important is the better more efficient unit.

A little about the Mitsubishi!! This mini split with a few thousand watts of light going is like paradise. It keeps the room within 1-2 degrees and humidity is no longer an issue even with 4+ lbs of crop in the 10x20 space. Lots of people talk about humidity and how to resolve it but every room and situation is different. Being in an outdoor building is very difficult. Adding in 100 square feet of plants is even tougher. So difficult that my 12k btu window Ac couldn't keep up with a 70 pint dehumidifier. Last summer I had temps above 90 indoors and humidity in the high 70's with both units struggling. Now it's 78 degrees and 50% rh and the ac's fan hardly spins as it's under such a light load. Anyone on the fence about buying one should just bite the bullet. They are a miracle for indoor growing. Heating and cooling your home too :smoking:

Back