Lighting Autocob grow with big sm0 and mephisto.

Just wait till you get your hands on some. Ceramics are great lights too but still behind a bit. I'd start supplementing before you make any big purchases. Get to learn how they work and understand their power. There is definitely a learning curve with them.
if Derek wanted bigger footprint.. what are your thoughts on how to achieve that sir...

if Derek wanted bigger footprint.. what are your thoughts on how to achieve that sir...

For me it's always been about the yield and how much it cost to grow it. I have been through dozens of lights and always bought what I thought was the best. Sure a grand or more is a lot for a light but when it pulls 1-2 lbs grow after grow the purchase price really doesn't matter. The singles are the cheapest way to get into a pre made cob. This has worked out much better than expected with dozens of repeat customers buying them at their own pace. A few just wanted to try the cobs. They did and came back for more. Others have done it slowely as funds permitted. Then guys like @wwwillie who tried buying me out in a week.

The almost complete is probably the easiest way to get into a diy'ish light. It's simple when the cob is attached to the heatsink with paste, screws and holder. Sourcing parts and paying shipping through multiple companies, buying paste and wasting hours at the hardware store lol. For 50 dollars it's been a hit. To answer the question I'd consider some of the almost complete for large areas and supplement with the autocobs. As mentioned in the other thread with Derek the singles always have a place. Just about everyone could use an extra cob or two. Especially one that hangs in seconds and is fully adjustable. My 4x4 has 4 autocobs. My 4x12 has 8 almost complete cobs in a frame and 4 autocobs. Still working out the new setup but it seems to be working great. I wouldn't recommend buying a dozen autocobs unless you have multiple smaller spaces like @slowandeasy. How's your cobs been Rip?

For me it's always been about the yield and how much it cost to grow it. I have been through dozens of lights and always bought what I thought was the best. Sure a grand or more is a lot for a light but when it pulls 1-2 lbs grow after grow the purchase price really doesn't matter. The singles are the cheapest way to get into a pre made cob. This has worked out much better than expected with dozens of repeat customers buying them at their own pace. A few just wanted to try the cobs. They did and came back for more. Others have done it slowely as funds permitted. Then guys like @wwwillie who tried buying me out in a week.

The almost complete is probably the easiest way to get into a diy'ish light. It's simple when the cob is attached to the heatsink with paste, screws and holder. Sourcing parts and paying shipping through multiple companies, buying paste and wasting hours at the hardware store lol. For 50 dollars it's been a hit. To answer the question I'd consider some of the almost complete for large areas and supplement with the autocobs. As mentioned in the other thread with Derek the singles always have a place. Just about everyone could use an extra cob or two. Especially one that hangs in seconds and is fully adjustable. My 4x4 has 4 autocobs. My 4x12 has 8 almost complete cobs in a frame and 4 autocobs. Still working out the new setup but it seems to be working great. I wouldn't recommend buying a dozen autocobs unless you have multiple smaller spaces like @slowandeasy. How's your cobs been Rip?
Great reply sir... My cobs have me doing very well.. and even growing in small 2 gallon pots I average 1.76 grams per watt.. truly satisfied and we both know no other light can do this....

yeah @BigSm0 I am going to get one at first this week, then another in probably two or 3 weeks as I plant more seeds. Then most likely at the end of this grow I will spend maybe 1000 on some cobs to try and supplement some of my HPS Lighting

yeah @BigSm0 I am going to get one at first this week, then another in probably two or 3 weeks as I plant more seeds. Then most likely at the end of this grow I will spend maybe 1000 on some cobs to try and supplement some of my HPS Lighting
you will slowly go to all cobs.... they penetrate so well I never have popcorn buds ever

I have a big space so it will take some time but yes from what I have seen these are what I will be growing with in the future
I will be heading to colorado springs maybe in july to look at property... lets get lunch,,, you close to that area?

I will be heading to colorado springs maybe in july to look at property... lets get lunch,,, you close to that area?

That would be awesome! I am about an hour and 45 minutes away from tha springs. I would love to make a trip up there to grab some food things, you gotta do about 40 daaaaaaabs with me though. By then I will have some bomb meph rosin and live resin n stuff

That would be awesome! I am about an hour and 45 minutes away from tha springs. I would love to make a trip up there to grab some food things, you gotta do about 40 daaaaaaabs with me though. By then I will have some bomb meph rosin and live resin n stuff
I am looking to move there I want to find a place I can work and pay cash for a house..

Back