Lighting Autocob grow with big sm0 and mephisto.

It's been way to long without an update!

Stakes to keep them inside the dedicated 4x4View attachment 716853

I went a little heavy on the feed so last night I did a flush as one plant is continuing to look a bit funky. Maybe some optic foliar spray is in need.
View attachment 716851
I'd say I cleared the 2 grams per watt already. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
View attachment 716850

Hey Big, How much longer you taking them? You have a nice haul coming for only 220watts my friend! How close are the lights currently? Maybe that is what the slight issue? Looks like light stress to me. You know it can pop up overnight from being too close with your strong ass cobs! Maybe the effected branched are just a tad too close? Just a thought. Great job tho, I am really impressed brother. I currently have a 4x4 with 5 Autocobs running. I think it is perfect, I can keep them a little further away to avoid stress, and the coverage seems great. I think 6 is overkill in a 4x4. 4 with the right strain as you have demonstrated does amazing.

I have a lot going on Big, just planted 4 Sour Stompers last night and I am going to start 4 more in toilet paper today. I will be doing an experiment with the seedlings. I am so impressed with how fast plants react once hooked up to Airdomes. Check out my Sour Blues thread I started. I started that plant in a 2 liter pot and transplanted it once it showed sex, just like Mitch suggests. It is doing very well. So I am starting some Sour Stompers in the 2 liter pots, but will have homemade miniature airdomes In a few to see if it makes a difference in root and overall growth. I will be turning my homemade airdomes on one by one at different days to see how the seedlings react. I might even start one minature homemade airdome from the moment I plant it. Why not? That's what I did 20 years ago in DWC, more oxygen=more roots. Worth a try. Will start a thread to document my experiment.

Last edited:
Since one is younger than the rest I'm going to let them go till that one is completed. Maybe a little early on it to save the remaining 3. The lights did end up getting a little close. It's a combination of that and definitely from heavy feeding. They are still filling in and fattening up so it may be a couple more weeks yet. Those strains you are running are absolute fire! I ran those stompers in the big trays and more in a 5x5 tent under AutoCobs and they are nearly pure white. I wish I documented the grow but it was a huge hassle with everything else that is going .
IMG_1388.PNG

The hubbabubba are huge plants but not nearly the quality of those. I do think they are a good compromise thought. Little less in quality but more in size.

Since one is younger than the rest I'm going to let them go till that one is completed. Maybe a little early on it to save the remaining 3. The lights did end up getting a little close. It's a combination of that and definitely from heavy feeding. They are still filling in and fattening up so it may be a couple more weeks yet. Those strains you are running are absolute fire! I ran those stompers in the big trays and more in a 5x5 tent under AutoCobs and they are nearly pure white. I wish I documented the grow but it was a huge hassle with everything else that is going . View attachment 717540

The hubbabubba are huge plants but not nearly the quality of those. I do think they are a good compromise thought. Little less in quality but more in size.
Stomper is one of Mitch's favorite strains.
Just started 4 more.

Unbelievable!!!! DAMN!!! I been showing your pics to people, the same comment always: NO WAY! lol!

It's been way to long without an update!

Stakes to keep them inside the dedicated 4x4View attachment 716853

I went a little heavy on the feed so last night I did a flush as one plant is continuing to look a bit funky. Maybe some optic foliar spray is in need.
View attachment 716851
I'd say I cleared the 2 grams per watt already. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
View attachment 716850

Unbelievable!!!! DAMN!!! I been showing your pics to people, the same comment always: NO WAY! lol!
Thank you pop22! It's been a very fun grow. I'm currently at the bud fattening stage and you guys are in for a nice surprise on the next picture. I can't believe the bud growth in here. The 1lb goal wasn't to ambitious after seeing the way they vegged under the AutoCobs. I'm really thinking this will be more like 1.5 lbs. which is 3.08 grams of top quality MJ from 4 cobs!

I am starting 4 more hubbabubba tomorrow to take these place of these 4 when they are harvested so I can continue to grow these monsters out. Low energy, low overhead grow. Shit I want to convert my whole room to them but them I'd probably run out of stock lol.

Something I have come across a lot since I began growing is the upfront cost blues. My breakdown, 4 Autoacobs-520+25 shipping. I have spent a maximum of 50 dollars on nutrients and probably close to that in energy consumed. Even at an lb harvested at 2500 dollars an lb- local price I am well below the purchase price. The cobs have a 3 year warranty and that alone will cover dozens of grows. Not to mention I haven't seen a burnt out cob that's been properly powered like these are. So the initial cost to set up with a quality light, the energy savings and yield total really helps take away that up front cost burden.

Another thing I still see is guys wanting to size their new lights to their space. Since these are smaller they are occasionally overlooked. Luckily most realize an electrical splitter on the ceiling is worth the benefit of adjusting their cobs individually.

Just a few things I have noticed since I began selling these beauties. They are working and working well.

Something I have come across a lot since I began growing is the upfront cost blues. My breakdown, 4 Autoacobs-520+25 shipping. I have spent a maximum of 50 dollars on nutrients and probably close to that in energy consumed. Even at an lb harvested at 2500 dollars an lb- local price I am well below the purchase price. The cobs have a 3 year warranty and that alone will cover dozens of grows. Not to mention I haven't seen a burnt out cob that's been properly powered like these are. So the initial cost to set up with a quality light, the energy savings and yield total really helps take away that up front cost burden.

Another thing I still see is guys wanting to size their new lights to their space. Since these are smaller they are occasionally overlooked. Luckily most realize an electrical splitter on the ceiling is worth the benefit of adjusting their cobs individually.

Just a few things I have noticed since I began selling these beauties. They are working and working well.
This just summed up my ups and downs with cobs (convenience and price). Not partuclarly your cobs. Just cobs in general. They are pricey. But...you Get what you pay for. And the ability to buy 1 or 2, then buy more later, makes it that much friendlier.

I would own many by now...if a divorce wasn't going to follow. My wife would rather we pay the electric Company. It's a sad time in Yeatsters life atm.

I'm squirreling dollars anyway.

Last edited:
Yes the upfront cost is higher, but I saved $250 a Month in electrical. That is about $3000 a year! Do the math, I didn't pay Big $3,000. If they last 3 years, that is $9,000 in electrical bill savings. Thanks Big! I should shut my mouth, he is gonna raise prices! Ha

Yes the upfront cost is higher, but I saved $250 a Month in electrical. That is about $3000 a year! Do the math, I didn't pay Big $3,000. If they last 3 years, that is $9,000 in electrical bill savings. Thanks Big! I should shut my mouth, he is gonna raise prices! Ha
I'm with ya. If I give you my wife's #, can you convince her?

Edit: scratch that idea.

Back