Indoor Auto topping thread

and just an example of the defoliation technique on a smaller BB Kush auto
20160808200214102-1.jpg

I just recently started doing that, in conjunction with a little ponytailing to really pull the bottom tier branches in line with the rest.. I think I still need to work on light distancing only because I feel like I could maybe get a little more height, but I figure a lot of that is strain-dependent with autos..

Nice plants.it is strain dependant with autos how tall they get.if i top an auto and let grow i still get a big tall plant .if says gna stretch in her info thats what it will do.iv topped many autos and still grown five and half foot tall.my 2 current autos 8 weeks old .these girls have been topped at the 4th node then later lstd there structure and and supercropping to keep them low as possible.all going to plan so far.both now flowering.there doing well;)
DSC_0037.JPG
DSC_0038.JPG
DSC_0039.JPG
happy growing every1;)

Sup bros,i see there is still talk and comparisons over here,,let me just add a few things,,first of all what most people( if not all) on here call a scrog,View attachment 610451View attachment 610449this is nothing more than canopy management and would qualify as LST View attachment 610448now,a true scrog has to be topped,i dont make the rules thats just the way it it...now this last pic shows a properly done topped scrog vs canopy management thru a screen..derek yaz know i didnt weigh the bigger plant cause it went to live extractsView attachment 610450

I tried to get the (scrog) on the right of the picture and I got the canopy management results on the left. Do I have to tie them down for this type of result?

I tried to get the (scrog) on the right of the picture and I got the canopy management results on the left. Do I have to tie them down for this type of result?
There are a few variables but in a nutshell,the short plant to the right stayed short due to being topped,,if the plant in not topped and just bent and weaved a larger screen could be made to keep it lower/shorter,my screens are 18x18" ...the topped plant only had 6 main branches and since the main cola dominance was broken,the 6 branches filled in what it could to produce rhe best harvest it could...hope that helps

So your saying you did top it and it still grew to rhe canopy management size??

The plant on the right would of been harder to train so evenly like this if i didnt top it.if i topped it and just let grow i belive she would be very tall right now.but to keep her low i lstd the stem in week 1 and 2 of life to create a curve.then i topped at the 4th node and let grow for 2 weeks.then i began lst.kept tying them down everyday until i was at the edge of the pots.then heavy defol and let grow up.i wanted my plants low.and it it worked great.a short plant can produce just as much bud as a tall plant if not more.every strain will react diffrently to training.but any big strong auto with top genetics like dutch passion can be topped and trained wirh monster results;)

Last edited:
Alot of tying down is needed to create this frame but is well worth it come flower time.;) and gives u a huge beautiful plant;)

Which I'm glad you said that because I'm about to start a DP Auto Blueberry and had considered topping it because I had seen a few guys do the same..

God nice choice of bean.u will enjoy growing it for sure.and topping will give you a great plant.as i will prove come harvest.but i done this to quite a few dutch passion autos now.and there all the same.a joy to grow.and fight strong to all types of training;)

Back