Lighting AFNs live LED help thread.

That set up looks great BigSmo! What do you guys think of spectrum king? I am 'thinking' of buying a 400w one, but its pretty bloody expensive. That or a new motorbike! Which should I go for?
I got on top of a calmag def the last few days, before it messed up the leaves, they are still grand & green and healthy. Ph was off also so got it up to 6 in coco & perlite mix. Took ages hand flushing them gently but they have sure bounced back yesterday & esp today with 2 " of growth overnight. Watching them like a hawk for spider mites as had to use pyrethrum on a grow before. No more kittehs in de grow room, after dey be sittin' in de hedge full of crawlies.
They smell so good already, these lovely auto Mazars. And so vigorous! I'll whack up new pics in my Media.
I'm going try giving them a few hours of extra light (while watching for heat stress)- leaves curling etc - they are day 24 and the larger one is heading for pre flower, been on 20/4.
I'll report back soon, hopefully still with healthy plants - i guess u gotta try things to learn, huh... cheers

That set up looks great BigSmo! What do you guys think of spectrum king? I am 'thinking' of buying a 400w one, but its pretty bloody expensive. That or a new motorbike! Which should I go for?
I got on top of a calmag def the last few days, before it messed up the leaves, they are still grand & green and healthy. Ph was off also so got it up to 6 in coco & perlite mix. Took ages hand flushing them gently but they have sure bounced back yesterday & esp today with 2 " of growth overnight. Watching them like a hawk for spider mites as had to use pyrethrum on a grow before. No more kittehs in de grow room, after dey be sittin' in de hedge full of crawlies.
They smell so good already, these lovely auto Mazars. And so vigorous! I'll whack up new pics in my Media.
I'm going try giving them a few hours of extra light (while watching for heat stress)- leaves curling etc - they are day 24 and the larger one is heading for pre flower, been on 20/4.
I'll report back soon, hopefully still with healthy plants - i guess u gotta try things to learn, huh... cheers
Buy the motorbike :thumbsup:

I see spectrum King is here on the vendor section and even though I have spent a lot of time there I haven't checked them out yet. I would definitely recommend checking the test teams comments and experience to see first hand before making any decisions.

It looks like they are a decent company from what I can see. I look at these lighting companies in 2 ways. Some make the absolute cheapest lights possible by using average or below average parts. Some pass along the savings and others just advertise a lot and keep a higher price. While the second half works very hard to make the absolute best lights possible. Using the best parts, drivers, LEDs or cobs, heatsinks even down to the cooling fans. Spectrum King seems to be in that top category. I'd really hate to sway a decision on my limited experience with them but I would say it's probably worth looking into.

Growgrrl75 when did you start feeding your plants? I notice I always run into nute problems when I start feeding to late. But last few runs sending in calmag around week 2 and carrying it on till flush has worked well. I'd love to see some photos!

I hope to need the bike more as we are emigrating to a sunny climate where growing is legal, but I saw the spectrum king in my local grow shop & thought it was amazing looking- i'm wondering what it can do :) .
I'm still grasping basic concepts though. Something to look into tho, thanks
Feeding? As soon as the cotyledons show, I feed them a light solution of canna start, with added cal mag & a drop of super thrive.
That reminds me- I'm out of epsom salts, can get locally, i add a teaspoon to 5 ltrs water since last oct & really noticed the difference.
Hers a pic I took this morning-
View media item 9197Thanks!!!

Buy the motorbike :thumbsup:

I see spectrum King is here on the vendor section and even though I have spent a lot of time there I haven't checked them out yet. I would definitely recommend checking the test teams comments and experience to see first hand before making any decisions.

It looks like they are a decent company from what I can see. I look at these lighting companies in 2 ways. Some make the absolute cheapest lights possible by using average or below average parts. Some pass along the savings and others just advertise a lot and keep a higher price. While the second half works very hard to make the absolute best lights possible. Using the best parts, drivers, LEDs or cobs, heatsinks even down to the cooling fans. Spectrum King seems to be in that top category. I'd really hate to sway a decision on my limited experience with them but I would say it's probably worth looking into.

Growgrrl75 when did you start feeding your plants? I notice I always run into nute problems when I start feeding to late. But last few runs sending in calmag around week 2 and carrying it on till flush has worked well. I'd love to see some photos!

There is a great variety of LED grow lights being tested on site with more to come so it would be fantastic if we could get a 'grams per watt in the amount of time taken' average from each unit so we could get a good idea of which performs best.

I see Spectrum King getting a lot of bad press on other forums that I lurk in.

Maybe it's the price, maybe it's the hard selling, but I've yet to see any grows that really justify the huge mark up, even on Ytube from the man himself, but im always open minded and all new tech and competition is a good thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a great variety of LED grow lights being tested on site with more to come so it would be fantastic if we could get a 'grams per watt in the amount of time taken' average from each unit so we could get a good idea of which performs best.

We're about to launch our new review system (which I'm sure we'll be tweaking as we go along,) but essentially we're able to create a template that has a majority of the questions on it that most members would want to know about it (so takes the guesswork out of what to write in the review, but also some text box to write in your own stuff.) I've got Grams Per Watt and Grams Per Square Meter/Foot on there as well.

I see Spectrum King getting a lot of bad press on other forums that I lurk in.

Maybe it's the price, maybe it's the hard selling, but I've yet to see any grows that really justify the huge mark up, even on Ytube from the man himself, but im always open minded and all new tech and competition is a good thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you seen our Live test with them?

https://www.autoflower.org/forums/spectrum-king-led.340/

Might even get two grows per growers in the 6 month span (give or take,) I know that doesn't help you now but at least you can see some current grows by our test growers!

Back