Aerogarden CS Sex Change

Still no male flowers but I do have positive news! All new growth appearing after switching to homade cs solution is flawless . Amazing the difference, and I know it's good because there are certainly a healthy amount if sparkles and hairs are still turning brown almost immediately after showing.

yes reversal does take a bit of time

im doing a test grow for someone right now , its original strain (regs) and original strain improved (fems) , from 10 seeds of the regs i only got 2 females :crap:

it reminded me of why ive been so happy going all fems at a commercial level

peace

Is there a CS/Sts/reversal guide? I hear you can make males fem too with spray?..I tried to reverse one time but just didnt keep on it good enough I think..Fem pollen would spoil me LOL :kusht:We need a definitive guide!Good luck on your sex change LOL when do you get to say that and not feel weird LOL :smokebuds:

I'm actually working on one for sts right now.

Is there a CS/Sts/reversal guide? I hear you can make males fem too with spray?..I tried to reverse one time but just didnt keep on it good enough I think..Fem pollen would spoil me LOL :kusht:We need a definitive guide!Good luck on your sex change LOL when do you get to say that and not feel weird LOL :smokebuds:

spray males with ethylene , ive not seen or heard of complete male to female reversals but some claim partial

peace

!Good luck on your sex change LOL when do you get to say that and not feel weird LOL :smokebuds:

Ha Ha!!! I know, I keep thinking about Lou Reed's Walk On The Wild Side.....

For those who are following this I thought I would share some more pics that I took today. Hopefully those who have reversed can shed some light on if these recent changes could indicate male flowers soon based on the appearance of their previous plants going through transition.

Here is a full shot of the plant being reversed. Again, I can't believe how much better it looks after switching to the CS that I made:

full shot - Copy.jpg

Here is the main shoot. As you can tell there would be more flowers and thicker growth if I was not spraying the plant. It is as if it wants to grow buds but they are being hampered:

main shoot - Copy.jpg

To further show this phenomenon here is one of the side branch buds close to the main shoot:

elongating - Copy.jpg

I have never had a successful reversal before but the plant is just screaming "Any day now!" to me when I inspect it. To those who have been successful in the past I would love your two cents if you can tell from the pics where the plant is at.

keep spraying, it looks as if its in the transition phaze , pistils are dieing , thats good , first signs of male flowers will be tiny until they have a couple/few days growing so look closely

peace

I think my patience is starting to pay off. Here are some pics I took tonight. There are other sites like this but I couldn't get to them with the camera. These little balls can be seen with the naked eye as well:

site 1 - Copy.jpgsite 2 - Copy.jpg

I also had to top the plant. I can't believe how differently this plant is growing compared to it's breeding partner:

angle 1 - Copy.jpgangle 2 - Copy.jpg

Clearly this is a lighting issue. The lights under the aerogarden hood can't compare to the strong fluorescent light I have on the breeder plant. As soon as the plant stops it's active growth I will switch nutes as well as the lighting to LED. I am amazed at how compact the breeder plant is compared to the one being changed. Here is a full shot of that plant:

aero - Copy.jpg

The male flowers will be developing soon and I will have to store the pollen for a while before I can inoculate the breeder plant. Sadly, due to circumstances beyond my control, I will have to leave the changed plant throwing pollen in the same garden as the breeder. This will be seeded cannabis in the end. I am hoping that what I have read is correct and it will release less pollen than a regular male. This might keep the seed down some so I can still sample the finished product. I will be inoculating the bottom branches either way however, to be on the safe side.

Anyone out there who has experience with the Aerogarden... Is a scrog possible with these? I wonder how you would attach the screen? It seems that this would be a natural for the technique but can't figure out how to construct one.

Back