Vic I will be calling you tomorrow to talk about a few things. I have some questions about a few things.. I will tell you I am impressed with what I see but I want to talk about a few lights that are not yet listed on your website..

Ripper

@Ripper Great! The best way to get ahold of me is email, which I try to respond within a few hours. Fred or Anthony will answer if you call. Our SolarPro line has just been released recently and will be available on our website soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Well see what happens here. I have 2 stoopid girls now. Well let them veg under the amare for a bit ... here right when I placed this one in the tent
20160705_033541.jpg
20160705_033534.jpg

@Ripper Great! The best way to get ahold of me is email, which I try to respond within a few hours. Fred or Anthony will answer if you call. Our SolarPro line has just been released recently and will be available on our website soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.
I sent you an email and will await your reply.

We appreciate your concern on the cost, but there's a lot of difference between building an standard light and a premium canna-specific HI-LED. There's a lot of time and resources invested into R/D, including testing specifically on cannabis for over 6 years before our HI-LEDs are made available. The premium components we use, including only top-bin COB's and monochromes from CREE are the finest and latest LED technology available. Others include UL listed Meanwell drivers, which deliver a more stable current and efficiency than standard drivers costing costing less than half. Our laser cut aluminum cases offers weight reduction, corrosion resistance and maximum heat dissipation that cost 25% over standard industry steel cases. Other value-added features included in our models, including a 5-year bumper to bumper warranty with free first year replacement on all models.

We are the first to adopt the industry leading CREE COB for grow light application, including the first enhanced COB and monochrome white spectrum with an exceptional CRI 95, which is even higher than CMH/LEC. Our COB fixtures feature our patented reflector lenses array with removable lenses deliver among the highest umol/watt available.

Is it possible to know your current set-up, including coverage dimensions, growing style, size of plants, etc. so that we can recommended the most efficient and cost-effective option for your requirement. Regarding the price, we will always try our best to make our technology affordable as possible for growers with special pricing and incentives. We're currently offering -20% special introductory pricing for all AFN members, including special journal pricing of -25% for those who are willing to do a review with our lights here.

My space is 6' x 7' X 9', 6" can fan exhaust, I'm not quite using it all because I don't have enough decent lighting, i'm using approx 6'x5'. I'm presently running all chinese LED's, 3 and 5 watts, 1700 watts draw. I'd rather not buy another chinese light to be honest to fill my space. I grow in soil, 2-5 gallon containers. All autos so 18" to 36" max I'd guess above a 12" pot. I've been studying the difference between the different types of LED's the last few days, I'm somewhat better informed now. Thanks for the help

@AMARE-TECH-Vic

I'm running the SE 250 and it's over my pots waiting on them to sprout. What height do ypu reccomend veggies small seedlings under the 250 running veg only
Start at 30" to be safe. All those monochromes added up are equal to one of my 150's which I usually start at 30", wait until they get 6" tall then hit them with full spectrum. Vic will be in to correct me if I'm wrong but that's a safe starting point boss

My space is 6' x 7' X 9', 6" can fan exhaust, I'm not quite using it all because I don't have enough decent lighting, i'm using approx 6'x5'. I'm presently running all chinese LED's, 3 and 5 watts, 1700 watts draw. I'd rather not buy another chinese light to be honest to fill my space. I grow in soil, 2-5 gallon containers. All autos so 18" to 36" max I'd guess above a 12" pot. I've been studying the difference between the different types of LED's the last few days, I'm somewhat better informed now. Thanks for the help
With the afn member discount you could get 2 Se250 and 2 of the new 3 cob bars and that would cover corner to corner and make great use of the inverse square law, use around 700w less from the wall and give you a canna specific spectrum the girls will love, also had Daisy chain and modular capabilities so everything can be nice tight and neat.....all for I'm guessing around 2100$ ISH off the top of my head.....best warranty and customer service I've come across yet and everything has been 100% on track with what you expect from these lights....check out my grow under two non cob panels of theirs that perform awesome....it's in the amare threads section....

@AMARE-TECH-Vic

I'm running the SE 250 and it's over my pots waiting on them to sprout. What height do ypu reccomend veggies small seedlings under the 250 running veg only
I believe vic recommends to start at 24", let grow to 6" then turn on full spectrum, and using my panels, NOT cob, from snare he recommended starting right at 18-19" and moving light as needed with our autos, this was only recommended for autos when he said it, but the intensity of the cob is more than the added 5w red bloom boosters in my panels so I'm guessing my first post was most accurate, specially with your reflective material and working in a smaller space then the light recommends I'd start higher. At work, I work at local grow shop now, we have a grow room builder thing on the computer and adding in reflective ceilings and floors along with walls can really help intensity light. Our thing at work is for HPS and lumens but either way shows the difference from adding reflective material and what % reflective it is

The pro9 covers a 5x5 and the se-450 covers a 4x4 there are so many options. I looked into reg cob panels when I made the cheap led switch but Amare caught my eye with the cob/mono lights. I don't doubt cobs alone work but I know cobs and monos work amazing. It's not cost affective to build a light like these like it would to build a plain Jane cob light. U can pick up a kit, build it and still be way short. Not to mention all the pieces and parts needed to finish it. I did it, 450 for 4 cobs and after I was done it was close to 600 and still no monos. Even after I spent a few hours, building, sanding and painting my light looks like something from the scrap yard. No comparison!

Then if you have the height you can add the lenses and trust me these things aren't normal off the shelf pieces of plastic. They weigh close to a pound and increase intensity so much more than I ever anticipated.

Way I look at it as your plants grow so can the lights with minutes work. Monos - cobs - lensed cobs and monos to lensed cobs, monos and uv bulb.

Start at 30" to be safe. All those monochromes added up are equal to one of my 150's which I usually start at 30", wait until they get 6" tall then hit them with full spectrum. Vic will be in to correct me if I'm wrong but that's a safe starting point boss
@AMARE-TECH-Vic

@Discretepete2676[/USER] I couldn't have said it better myself, except he's running a SE250, which is equivalent to a SS100 with the surrounding monochromes. You're referring to the SE450 that essentially has a SS150CR built-in on-board as a secondary spectrum for vegging, along with enhancing the overall spectrum to an exceptional CRI 94-95. (Depending on the model) Start them out with the cooler monochrome spectrum for vegging @30" for a few days and then lower it to 24" until the get to ~6". You can then you can either drop it to 20" or flip the cobs on @24" with no lenses for explosive growth. The lenses are designed for high-bay applications that need a minimum of 36" for the overlapping to maximize coverage and intensity for the recommended footprint. The mono's alone are more than efficient to veg them by itself and will deliver more intensity than HO T-5's.

Last edited:
Back