New Grower A moron’s grow journal

Hey brother! :)
I think your plants are a bit to close to the light? Don't know for certain, so take advice with a grain of salt ;)

I think you're right, I moved the light up a bit shortly after taking the picture and was wondering the same thing. Might have to completely move the closet around again to get it too much higher though T_T

Just a random update!

Day 49(?) for Charlotte:
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
She kinda got big and green. I like coming in here and hanging out sometimes. I’m taking the oldest leaves that are starting to wilt on the bottom canopy, just when it doesn’t fuss over it too much. She seems huge, but I’m not sure how true that is. I know I only have room for her really so next may be a solo 1 plant, but I’m not certain.

Day 34 for little green:
image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
She’s obviously intent on growing beside her bigger older cousin, but it’s obviously not going to be like her. Definitely received no favors starting 2 weeks behind. I’ve not doted on training her as much because she’s doing so much self training just to receive light Charlotte doesn’t grab

Weekly update:
Day 57: Humidity has been running a tad too high (70-ish). I’m glad I added another fan for increased air circulation, but I think it’s contributing just as much to putting more water in the air. After running multiple possible solutions I tried just turning up my exhaust fan to its max settings which seems to be doing a much better keeping it down than it did earlier in the grow. Now our RH is 64% which might still be high, but mold at this point will just break my heart. Is there anything BESIDES putting my light higher (which I’m in the middle of planning) that might be good to know or do?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Is there anything BESIDES putting my light higher (which I’m in the middle of planning) that might be good to know or do?

You're basically limited by your lung room RH - if that's running high, too, then you'll need a dehumidifier (although that can also add heat).

Inside the tent, you either need to reduce light levels (or hours) or defoliate to reduce transpiration. There's a decent discussion here:

I tried growing in a closet once and had so many heat and humidity issues. I finally broke down and got a tent with an exhaust fan and filter. All I can think of is a dehumidifier, but that will spike the heat. Maybe just crank those fans on high and keep door open?
XOXO
Mom

Battling humidity I'd first want to take away a good amount of lower leaves and weak lower branches. With a shorter canopy you can get away with mid-60s RH, though it's not ideal. A chunky and stuffy lower canopy would make mould more likely

I went out to the garage and found my tent at 66 degrees F and 72% RH yesterday. My 3 plants are huge though and filling that 4x4. I combatted it as long as I could, and just yesterday broke down and bought a dehumidifier, looks like we're going to have a wet winter in Southern California. Any additional heat will be helpful.

I agree that clearing out the lower canopy of leaves and larf is the first step. Put that energy into the colas. In addition to overhead fans, I've also got a couple of those 8" Honeywell "air circulator" fans on the tent floor and pointing up into the lower canopy to keep the air down there moving and not becoming stagnant. If you look on Amazon, you can get them in "damaged packaging" for about $10 shipped. They are as new in my experience. Or if you don't like doing that, they're $15.

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 8.30.39 AM.png

Back