New Grower A moron’s grow journal

I think your plants look fantastic!!! I know, I am my own worst enemy. I have a tendency to OVERTHINK everything, even now into my 6th grow. Take a breath, they look LOVELY!
:cheers:

Wednesday update!

Ms. Charlotte has roots coming out of the bottom of the pot and is really growing in to her own.

image.jpg

And her little cousin is doing just fine right next to her, better even than when she was this age of day
image.jpg

Twice daily waterings have slowly started bringing my runoff EC down, now that they’re no longer stewing in their own juices and Charlotte roots must be doing crazy work because she’s allowing less and less water loose! I give her 2.5 cups and get about a half cup back.

Am I seeing signs of pre-flower yet? What should I be looking for?

Thanks for everyone following along, linking resources and providing encouragement! I am much more confident in this adventure than when I first arrived.

HHB you'll make me happy if you just shift those cables away from the plants a little, so they aren't near any water.
Can't really tell if there's some preflower on show yet, alls I see is a healthy couple of plants :thumbsup: :smoking:

image.jpg

Moved things around in the grow space as suggested . The oldest needed more room to breathe anyway, so it was easier to move the plants than the wires.

image.jpg

Are those little white hairs signs I’m transitioning into flower? Not looking to change anything, but it would relieve my mind that I didn’t accidentally receive a proper fem auto from my seed vendor.

Okay, two questions:

Firstly, runoff EC actually dipped slightly below inflow EC today. Some reading on cocoforcannabis says this is an anomaly and should self correct. Does this track in your experience? I’m assuming it may be related to the plant starting to flower, she certainly has gone through a slight growth spurt.

Secondly, humidity is climbing up in my space. I think this is related to the weather outside, but I’m wondering if this too might be related to the recent growth of my plant? I’m looking at 78 f, 67% humidity in the room atm, whereas the same temp and 55% humidity would’ve been normal last week.

(Day 35):
image.jpg

Littler one (Day 19):
image.jpg

I wish you could smell this latter one. Touch her leaves and your hands smell like they just peeled an orange.

Been a week so here is update. Big girl stretched really tall and she’s gotten thirsty as hell. I did put a new bigger fan in, so maybe that’s causing some changes in water intake. Humidity has been going up quite a bit as well hitting low 70s% sometimes. Makes sense with as much water as she’s drinking.

Some of her leaves on top are getting lime colored, which apparently is “intervenal chlorosis”. Don’t know how severe it is, maybe she just needs more food?

image.jpg

You can kinda see what I’m talking about here.
image.jpg

Otherwise seems to be a very healthy plant to my newb eyes. She’s crowding her poor cousin out who has prematurely started flowering as well :(. I did read a grow journal who seemed to have the same issue for this seed so maybe it’s just a thing. Gonna let it do it’s thing, it’s struggling enough with her bigger cousin next door.

image.jpg

She REALLY seemed sensitive to nitrogen unlike the green monster next to her. If I grow her again, probably just give her ph’d water until she asked for more.

Any thoughts?

Hey brother! :)
I think your plants are a bit to close to the light? Don't know for certain, so take advice with a grain of salt ;)

And if the humidity issues persist, the big girl will thank you for taking away some lower growth. Only that which is heavily shaded and won't amount to anything substantial - always better to leave behind too much than to take off too much :smokeit: still a happy healthy couple of plants

Back