Grow Mediums 2nd grow auto blueberry

Picking right up now[emoji106]Is she a little heat stressed? or is the light just giving her a sawtooth look?

Picking right up now[emoji106]Is she a little heat stressed? or is the light just giving her a sawtooth look?
I think it is the light, the light was about 15 inches, so I raised them up to about 20 inches. The temp doesn't go over 85 with plenty of cool air from outside in.

No, you're probably too high with a 250 hid. I used to keep my 600 about 16-18 inches, it had an air cooled hood. It may be the strain or humidity? Anyway, they are healthy and a little air movement across the canopy should suffice.

IMG_1007.JPG
No, you're probably too high with a 250 hid. I used to keep my 600 about 16-18 inches, it had an air cooled hood. It may be the strain or humidity? Anyway, they are healthy and a little air movement across the canopy should suffice.
Humidity is fluctuates between 50 and 60%. The lights were at 20" inches above the plant, now the light is sitting at 17 inches from the tops, she keeps growing. She is looking a lot better than last grow, but I seem to be running into the same issue as last grow but I hope not. I seem to be getting burnt edges on the outside of the leaf.

Last edited:
The burnt edges probably wouldn't be there if you were in a larger pot. I think the plant probably taking up too many nutes during hot times and it's probably fine during cooler times. You would either need to feed weaker all the time or during higher temps or when first watering.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you have to water different late in the grow, when you use smaller pots. First go around and water in a nice drink of clear water, wait a while for the plant uptake a bit, then water in your feed.

Is kinda like handing some ones who's thirsty as hell, straight whisky to slug down.

The burnt edges probably wouldn't be there if you were in a larger pot. I think the plant probably taking up too many nutes during hot times and it's probably fine during cooler times. You would either need to feed weaker all the time or during higher temps or when first watering.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you have to water different late in the grow, when you use smaller pots. First go around and water in a nice drink of clear water, wait a while for the plant uptake a bit, then water in your feed.

Is kinda like handing some ones who's thirsty as hell, straight whisky to slug down.
ok gotcha I will give that a go. I'm feeding at a 549 ppm with my tap water 139ppm, with that being said do you think I still need to use a cal mag supplement? I have also switched my nutrients from grow with a 3-1-2 ratio to the ripe with a 1-5-4 ratio.

I would drop the cal mag unless you see def.

I would drop the cal mag unless you see def.
Awesome, I think I was having the same issues last grow but the leaves started a lot sooner. And I stopped using the cal mag towards the end of the northern lights and the issue never spread, so my next nutrient mix I will leave out cal mag. Thanx for all the help.

Back