Indoor 2019 HPG Communal Test Thread

I hope so bud, my [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] issue is density of buds. My buds aren't that dense usually any tips for me?
Keep heat down and add some 5000k and up lighting, seems to work for me. The first time I ever used 3500k and lower you could smash the buds flat as paper. I went and added my 6500k light bars and back to rock hard buds.

Keep heat down and add some 5000k and up lighting, seems to work for me. The first time I ever used 3500k and lower you could smash the buds flat as paper. I went and added my 6500k light bars and back to rock hard buds.
Thanks bud. So add some 5000k+ should I use for entire grow, or add at flower? Lights are at the top of my tent. I leave them at the top from day 1, but tent is only 5' tall. Once I go legal I will build a grow room and a lot of my obstacles will be gone.

Thanks bud. So add some 5000k+ should I use for entire grow, or add at flower? Lights are at the top of my tent. I leave them at the top from day 1, but tent is only 5' tall. Once I go legal I will build a grow room and a lot of my obstacles will be gone.
I use all through the grow, but it does tend to make them cal mag whores mid flower.

Hi trail
Looking great my friend. What's the weather conditions in the arctic right now?

Have a nice day
cu tobe
In the greenhouse......50 to 100F, 30 to 95% RH. This diurnal swing could never be construed as "optimum":smoking: Outside.....50 to 85F and same humidity range as greenhouse. At least 14 hrs direct high intensity sun for the outside plants. Greenhouse gets about 10 hrs. Alaska is sweltering! Fortunately a breeze is blowing almost constantly during the day. When the breeze stops it gets scary hot in greenhouse. I'm watering a lot, greenhouse 10 gallon girls get about 3 gallons of water each watering. Outdoor girls need somewhat less.

I hope so bud, my [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] issue is density of buds. My buds aren't that dense usually any tips for me?
I'm thinking "density" has a big genetic component. My greenhouse pushes temps. I usually see medium density. Sativa doms have a tendency to nanner in the heat of the greenhouse, early harvests aren't good for density. Densest in greenhouse always Indica. Last year's Sweet Skunk growing in the garden gave up 5 oz of rocks. This year I have a BLKMRRR/Binary genetics in the greenhouse and in the garden. I'll get a good indication of the the effects the two environments have on bud density. This year I have more plants outside the greenhouse than in.

I'm thinking "density" has a big genetic component. My greenhouse pushes temps. I usually see medium density. Sativa doms have a tendency to nanner in the heat of the greenhouse, early harvests aren't good for density. Densest in greenhouse always Indica. Last year's Sweet Skunk growing in the garden gave up 5 oz of rocks. This year I have a BLKMRRR/Binary genetics in the greenhouse and in the garden. I'll get a good indication of the the effects the two environments have on bud density. This year I have more plants outside the greenhouse than in.
I was wondering if it was the difference between autos and photos. My neighbor (doesnt know I grow) gets weed and its much more dense than mine. I figured he is buying photos most likely and that could be the difference. I have only grown autos so far, so have no reference point with photo grown bud.

I was wondering if it was the difference between autos and photos. My neighbor (doesnt know I grow) gets weed and its much more dense than mine. I figured he is buying photos most likely and that could be the difference. I have only grown autos so far, so have no reference point with photo grown bud.

I've grown photos on and off for a long time, new to autos. Trail is right many strains are just fluffy. But most of my stuff is very dense, and it seems a mix of decent lights and adding a good bloom booster has helped. Higher P&K has seemed to make a decent difference. Autos and photos no difference, but my landrace kush has had the densest buds while the sativas have been looser.

Note on the lights, my LED's/cobs/QB have produced denser buds than the 400/600 HPS I was using. I have a mix of 3000 & 3700 in one tent, all 3000 LED & 3500K Cobs in another and 3000 LED & 3500K + 660 QB in the last (brand new, yet to harvest). I would have to grow all of the same strain in all the tents and not move the lights to really know, too many factors. Just listing as a heads up.

Note on the neighbors stuff, more than likely if it is either from a LP or black market CO2 was used and that will help.

Honestly, it's too bad so many people equate rock hard buds with quality. I have gotten so much shite from dispensaries that was rock hard and utter crap. Also it can be a mold magnet. But most people who have bought seem to be sold on the "hard nugzzz = top shelf" it's hard to convince otherwise.

Back