Live Stoners 2018 Site Improvements and Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
just stopping by to say I love the site and I only use it on my computer never got a chance to try it on a mobile device so I cant say how it is on there

I did like the suggestion that @TehSnow said about there being way to show all grow journals that a person has done that would be awesome

just stopping by to say I love the site and I only use it on my computer never got a chance to try it on a mobile device so I cant say how it is on there

I did like the suggestion that @TehSnow said about there being way to show all grow journals that a person has done that would be awesome

I like that idea, will make sure that is on the list, should not be difficult.

A way to make AFN better??........I could win some festivus seed ......that would make AFN better for me:crying:.......that's right...I don't give up!!:crying:
:crying::crying::crying: if at first you dont succeed try and try again
:pass:

DONT !!! FORGET !!! to head over to the guess the hash pile weight for festivas have a guess you could win some seeds !!!
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/week-6-guess-the-festivus-hash-pile-weight.63457/

ROLL up a fatty and head over to the best festivas joint comp post a entry to win some seeds !!!
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/week-7-best-festivus-joint-comp.63458/

First of all, I come and stay because of the people here - AFN staff and members are tops! Keeping out negative jerks and sales schemes is important and you already do that. I now love the contests - whoda thunk :rofl:.

I find the overall color scheme pleasant and an easy read even when really stoned. Please stay with soft muted colors. I hate the RED
notification bubbles on "Media and Product and Strain Reviews drop downs" Red evokes anxiety makem Blue! The background bud on the homepage looks like it has spider mites! I would like to be able to upload photos once and be able to use them in different threads without uploading again. For most photos small files work just fine and should be the default for fastest page loading but a large file can have special diagnostic uses. A slideshow of really great plants/buds would be fun. Navigation is always difficult with such a diverse site :shrug:maybe a well designed site map page could help. I don't know the site really covers a lot of ground.

I know that this is a huge undertaking if I can help in any additional way just ask.

Thank you,

How about we slow down, take a deep breath, and let the rest of us catch up with all the changes in this forum. Change is always a stressful event and making this form a constant changing place, makes it very hard for those of us that would like to stay here is our home forum.

I swear, I think the rules change mid grow battle sometimes. Now I see there's a rule for all grow battles that says we get a code but I don't see the code being used in sections like Dinafem so what gives? I don't think we've been corporated the changed we made so far.

My suggestion is quit changing for a little while, let people catch their damn breath.

We also took away every motivation a person has to make a single thread a single Diary and we put everything into these grow battle Diaries and honestly I just don't believe in the long run that's best for the people on this thread. It may be best for your advertisers if they're lucky enough to be in one of the bigger grow battle threads but if they get stuck in one of those things where nobody ever reads them hey what good is it?

I said lots of times, we need plant of the month and Bud of the month competitions back. Those are Staples of every weed forum and yeah you may feel like they don't do much but honestly they bring people in. They allow folks that don't have the time to post in a grow battle and update constantly a chance to pick out a good plant that they like and put it in a competition. It also motivates them to put in Diaries and I think single Diaries really help quite a bit. At least it's a good way for people to establish friendships and keep those friendships going.

It would be nice if there was an industrial psychologist on board, developers really don't necessarily understand anything about social networking. A smile Emoji is not a smile. If we're going to have real people getting together and making a great place, we need to encourage individual Diaries. Not just for those that are looking for help and wanting to learn, but for the more experienced Growers to display their skills and techniques. I see that kind of stuff slowly stopping on this forum.

This forum may be a great place once it settles down, but right now it's a stressful place to be. When everything changes and rules change Midstream it makes it really difficult to keep up. And honestly, who really has the time to keep up with constant changes that are made just for changes sake.

Or maybe the future will simply be a site full of sponsors, and no real new people coming in. Or just the constant flow through as they pass through and leave when the changes become too severe

I would be willing to run a plant of the month competition or a bud of the month comp if it's a staffing problem.

Where I'm growing

Just found a decent addon for Xenforo which will stop people breaking the padlock with images.
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/convert-image-all.6041/

Basically, if someone inserts an image using the IMG tag (or the image button when doing the post), this addon will actually grab the image and store it locally, so it ensures https will be used.

Unfortunately, no way to prevent people using http (non secure links) for simply pasting a link to a website into their post

How about we slow down, take a deep breath, and let the rest of us catch up with all the changes in this forum. Change is always a stressful event and making this form a constant changing place, makes it very hard for those of us that would like to stay here is our home forum.

I swear, I think the rules change mid grow battle sometimes. Now I see there's a rule for all grow battles that says we get a code but I don't see the code being used in sections like Dinafem so what gives? I don't think we've been corporated the changed we made so far.

My suggestion is quit changing for a little while, let people catch their damn breath.

We also took away every motivation a person has to make a single thread a single Diary and we put everything into these grow battle Diaries and honestly I just don't believe in the long run that's best for the people on this thread. It may be best for your advertisers if they're lucky enough to be in one of the bigger grow battle threads but if they get stuck in one of those things where nobody ever reads them hey what good is it?

I said lots of times, we need plant of the month and Bud of the month competitions back. Those are Staples of every weed forum and yeah you may feel like they don't do much but honestly they bring people in. They allow folks that don't have the time to post in a grow battle and update constantly a chance to pick out a good plant that they like and put it in a competition. It also motivates them to put in Diaries and I think single Diaries really help quite a bit. At least it's a good way for people to establish friendships and keep those friendships going.

It would be nice if there was an industrial psychologist on board, developers really don't necessarily understand anything about social networking. A smile Emoji is not a smile. If we're going to have real people getting together and making a great place, we need to encourage individual Diaries. Not just for those that are looking for help and wanting to learn, but for the more experienced Growers to display their skills and techniques. I see that kind of stuff slowly stopping on this forum.

This forum may be a great place once it settles down, but right now it's a stressful place to be. When everything changes and rules change Midstream it makes it really difficult to keep up. And honestly, who really has the time to keep up with constant changes that are made just for changes sake.

Or maybe the future will simply be a site full of sponsors, and no real new people coming in. Or just the constant flow through as they pass through and leave when the changes become too severe

I would be willing to run a plant of the month competition or a bud of the month comp if it's a staffing problem.

Where I'm growing
Agree dude......I'm a fairly new member and I have my first journal presently......I stopped it because of low interest.......don't panic everyone:crying:.......I re-started it because I decided it would be good to keep it for reference, but it is lost in a sea of information :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back