1st timer with a question

Reaction score
Hello everyone

This is my very first grow ever. I am growing Parkland Flowers next gen blueberry auto(4). I have them in pro-mix hp as that was all I could find atm. I don't have the best lights ether (jimmy rigged something just till I could find some better lights).
I started by putting the seeds in distilled water in the dark till they sank and then placed in paper towel. Once tap root was long enough I place in soil pointing down and lightly covered. I have a spray bottle with distilled water no nutes yet and I gently spray 2-3 squeezes around the plant never directly on it when the soil feels dry
I have had them in there pots for just under 4 days now and I think they are looking good. Let me know what you think from the pics
there is just one of them I have a lil concern over. It looks like the stem has a piece of the seed's shell stuck to it with something that looks like its wrapping around it.
I don't want to play with it if I don't have to. Do you think it will fall off on its own when the stem gets thicker? or am I going to have to try and remove it?

IMG_1812.JPGIMG_1813.JPGIMG_1814.JPGIMG_1815.JPGIMG_1807.JPGIMG_1808.JPGIMG_1809.JPGIMG_1810.JPGIMG_1816.JPG

Hello everyone

This is my very first grow ever. I am growing Parkland Flowers next gen blueberry auto(4). I have them in pro-mix hp as that was all I could find atm. I don't have the best lights ether (jimmy rigged something just till I could find some better lights).
I started by putting the seeds in distilled water in the dark till they sank and then placed in paper towel. Once tap root was long enough I place in soil pointing down and lightly covered. I have a spray bottle with distilled water no nutes yet and I gently spray 2-3 squeezes around the plant never directly on it when the soil feels dry
I have had them in there pots for just under 4 days now and I think they are looking good. Let me know what you think from the pics
there is just one of them I have a lil concern over. It looks like the stem has a piece of the seed's shell stuck to it with something that looks like its wrapping around it.
I don't want to play with it if I don't have to. Do you think it will fall off on its own when the stem gets thicker? or am I going to have to try and remove it?

View attachment 1323752View attachment 1323753View attachment 1323754View attachment 1323755View attachment 1323756View attachment 1323757View attachment 1323758View attachment 1323759View attachment 1323762

heya @essadis420 and :welcome: to afn! :toke: don't worry about the seed casing...keepin it misted here & there will help, but either way, thoze leavez (the cotyledonz it'z stuck to) will die off on their own soon enuff anyway ;) ppp

heya @essadis420 and :welcome: to afn! :toke: don't worry about the seed casing...keepin it misted here & there will help, but either way, thoze leavez (the cotyledonz it'z stuck to) will die off on their own soon enuff anyway ;) ppp

Thanks glad to hear its nothing major. when you mean keepin it misted do you mean I should I be misting the seed casing its self ?
I read that that helps if they are stuck in the casing or just keep misting the soil around the plant like I have been doing?

They look fine . dont sweat the shit on the stem it will work itself out. If the start getting5 taller than wide in growth drop ur lights down and u will want to feed them in within 10 days of germ w very light feed cause the hp is nuteless.

Thanks glad to hear its nothing major. when you mean keepin it misted do you mean I should I be misting the seed casing its self ?
I read that that helps if they are stuck in the casing or just keep misting the soil around the plant like I have been doing?

ya, i meant mistin the seed casing, but again, u really don't hafta worry about it, cuz thoze lil leavez die off anyway, so... ;) and tip -> if u have sumthin to uze for domez, they really help to keep up the higher rh that seedlingz need...cutoff water bottlez, clear plastic cupz, clear bowlz, whatever...jus keep the underside of domez misted 3-4 timez daily & make sure to poke a few lil holez or at least keep one edge propped up a tad for airflow ;) ppp

They look fine . dont sweat the shit on the stem it will work itself out. If the start getting5 taller than wide in growth drop ur lights down and u will want to feed them in within 10 days of germ w very light feed cause the hp is nuteless.

thanks for the info. Last night my plant did shoot up and one was even drooping over when I checked this morning the leaves where almost touching the soil. I did lower my lights and placed something under the one that was drooping over to keep the leaves off the soil. with in a hour or 2 it was back up right on its own :). I definitely need to get better lights LOL

I did read somewhere that HP did have a lil amount of nutes in there it just doesn't say how much but it did mention to start feeding around 10 day after placing in medium and I think it was 1/8th the recommended dose or something like that it said

ya, i meant mistin the seed casing, but again, u really don't hafta worry about it, cuz thoze lil leavez die off anyway, so... ;) and tip -> if u have sumthin to uze for domez, they really help to keep up the higher rh that seedlingz need...cutoff water bottlez, clear plastic cupz, clear bowlz, whatever...jus keep the underside of domez misted 3-4 timez daily & make sure to poke a few lil holez or at least keep one edge propped up a tad for airflow ;) ppp

thanks I was reading that I should take a Qtip dip it in my water and lightly dap the casing instead of trying to spray that tiny area.
as for the tip on the domes would you still recommend this if I have a humidifier going in my grow space?

thanks I was reading that I should take a Qtip dip it in my water and lightly dap the casing instead of trying to spray that tiny area.
as for the tip on the domes would you still recommend this if I have a humidifier going in my grow space?

ya, the q-tip approach would work ;) as for the domez, if ur ambient rh can be kept at 70-80% for the seedlingz, u wouldn't need domez ;) ppp

If they get lanky i add more soil around the stem . it will grow roots in this area later.

Back