1st timer with a question

Finally got some better lights. A Philzon 1200w led full spectrum its a lot better then what I had that's for sure lol.
now to figure out the nutes as I should be starting them in the next couple days (I'm on day 6). I have access to the root farm brand of nutes. I know its not the recommended but its what I have.
I have never done anything with nutes before so any help on figuring out the ratio and feeding schedule using what I have (Root Farm) would be much appreciated

What soil did you start with? Might have enuff nutes in it to keep em going for a few weeks (like happy frog, usually 3/4 weeks before needing nutes). Don't want to kill em with kindness.

I am using pro-mix HP as my medium

Promix HP is good stuff, expecially the myco version, but very low in nutes. It is considered a soil-less medium, not soil. I suggest that you should start feeding earlier than you would with a soil mix. I don't know anything about your Roots nutes, so can't provide specific advice. Absent anything from other growers here, I would just start now at ~1/4 or so of the recommended dose, and plan on ramping up gradually as the plants seem to need more. A bit too little is better, by far, than too much when it comes to nutes. Easy to add more if the plant asks for it, but not easy to get rid of excess before damage is done. If you have a ppm/ec meter, I suggest startting with ~200(400EC) ppm from the nutes (excluding initial ppm of water). If your water supply is higher than ~150ppm (300EC), you should consider another water source.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

Promix HP is good stuff, expecially the myco version, but very low in nutes. It is considered a soil-less medium, not soil. I suggest that you should start feeding earlier than you would with a soil mix. I don't know anything about your Roots nutes, so can't provide specific advice. Absent anything from other growers here, I would just start now at ~1/4 or so of the recommended dose, and plan on ramping up gradually as the plants seem to need more. A bit too little is better, by far, than too much when it comes to nutes. Easy to add more if the plant asks for it, but not easy to get rid of excess before damage is done. If you have a ppm/ec meter, I suggest startting with ~200(400EC) ppm from the nutes (excluding initial ppm of water). If your water supply is higher than ~150ppm (300EC), you should consider another water source.

Good luck with it. :pighug:
yah I was going to start feeding them at day 10 as that is what I have read when it comes to using promix HP.
there was a video that I found with someone using the root farm line of nutes but I don't understand how/why he is mixing (Growing Cannabis with Root Farm Nutrients - YouTube ) the video also has a link to a feeding schedule but I'm pretty sure its not for autos. I've attach some pics of what I have. I have also ordered a ppm meter and it should be here in a couple days

Attachments

• IMG_1841.JPG
    IMG_1841.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1842.JPG
    IMG_1842.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
a question about my new lights. They have a switch for bloom and veg atm I have both turned on is this right or should i just have the veg turned on ?

Sounds like your on the right track.

a question about my new lights. They have a switch for bloom and veg atm I have both turned on is this right or should i just have the veg turned on ?

that'z one o' them ques'z that'll get 100 diff answerz :rofl: but, i digress...:rolleyes2: needless to say, the bloom switch is designed to be switched on as plantz go into flower, as it addz more of the red spectrum that helpz when plantz go into flower ;) but then again, it'z one o' them thingz that'z total grower preference :shrug: either way, nothin is to loze if u run em both ;) ppp

Back