New Grower 1st Grow - White Widow + Gorilla Glue - Curious, Educated, Excited, Scared?

Dudes! Updates! Both babies seem to be going great! They’ve grown tremendously over the past week, and are now starting to show signs of flower? How exciting! They’re still real short, the white widow is at about 7in tall, and the gorilla glue about 5in. Won’t have to top them!

The gorilla glue had been taking the nutes pretty hard, always seemingly burned at the tips. Just using a tiny .5mL of advanced nutrients Micro Grow Bloom. It’s weird that you’re told to use all 3 nutes always, but what do I know...?

Got scared that they were showing flower signs while too small, but hopefully the vertical growth progresses. Gonna stick with nutes for the widow, and just water for the glue, and hopefully they’ll both clean up nice!

Below are some pictures, red pot is White a Widow, grey is Gorilla Glue.

Got some curly hairs, rad! So excite.

Already planning my next grow, strain called LSD-25. Shit grows purple/black, and is a total downputter. Yum.
2D868540-B116-4822-BE8E-9998B6B0C56E.jpeg
D4A1D120-5D51-4EE3-AF1F-216BAD3184FB.jpeg
E153EF55-32C8-4D5B-9D1D-EC01E3782756.jpeg
13710EAB-AE6E-41B1-ACB6-8E455A5A2241.jpeg
7662ACA9-0064-4402-BF41-9C32EDDE4A9D.jpeg

So, remember - first grow attempt ever, lots of shitty starting factors like mulchy organic soil mixed with tainted (miraclegro) perlite, and a “bumpy” transfer into some hot Fox Fams Ocean Forest, which they finally took a liking to and eventually grew up.

Definitely proud of both of these girls, and happy with the product I received from Seedsman.
Looking forward to my next run, in a tent!

What a difference getting into some quality soil has made! Good job I think you're going to have some real potential now. [emoji106][emoji269]

Looking nice and healthy.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Man it’s so cool to finally be writing up good news on a grow journal after reading them for so long! I have updates, and questions. Thanks as always to everyone for contributions and suggestions - operation GrowGuitars is nicely underway.

Got some upgrades for my grow situation, still keeping it relatively small and only personal. Me and my woman smoke like we get paid for it - and we sure don’t get paid for it - quite the opposite. Estimted $5k spent last year between both of us.

Anyways, the upgrades - 4x3x5 tent, more fans, carbon exhaust inbound, light ratchets for adjusting height, and cal/mag (general hydro CaliMagic). Temp staying at 73-77 in tent, with humidity staying at 70% or so.

White widow (red pot) seems to be flowering nicely, despite being a small plant! Every branch in between is starting to look like Santa’s beard! I’m happy, I think she’s happy? No spots, no sagging, enjoying her new tent! She’s a bad bitch, considering what she’s been through.

C38EEA4A-1F65-456E-A1B4-3521275061E4.jpeg
0C871F00-E44C-464F-B590-211C15F7C48D.jpeg
733309BE-28AA-45A8-9DEF-6879401F0871.jpeg
F83071D0-F5F3-4B05-8758-67E4D17D11A1.jpeg

Below is the worrisome Gorilla Glue. Poor babe doesn’t seem to be doing well. Again, I stunted both of these pretty bad in early stages, read a few posts above. She DID seem to recover after replanting into Ocean Forest. They both seemed healthy and on track until showing sex/flowing - essentially my last post!

9999374D-D012-4C4F-89B6-4C2973FB64EE.jpeg
9C1D1AA6-79A2-4D98-BE67-6B541C0732A8.jpeg
29026C0F-2F37-4DC0-999B-BF91BC21CC80.jpeg

Glue has only gotten taller since last post, while the Widow has doubled in size and flowered. Any suggestions on how to maintain/increase progress on budding Widow, and maybe how to help out the Glue? I’m still pretty fresh on nutes and cal/mag. Using the Advanced Nutrients micro/grow/bloom, very sparingly. Just introduced 1ml of calmag last feed as well.

Hard to say exactly what day/week I’m in, considering the weird life of these babies. Technically germ’d them on Feb 14?

Any thoughts on if the glue will turn into a flower girl?

Got my next batch of seeds inbound, and a new grow journal already started, solving some pre-party issues. Trying BioBiz Light and real Coco to mix up - these will work out WAY better. Tons of reading done, troubleshooting, learning. Love it!

Coming along nicely, man.
I've got one of those cheap "1000 watt" LEDs too. They work pretty well, but I didn't see much activity in flower until I added a cheap "1800 watt" Cob.
I'm on my 1st, 2nd, 3rd and now 4th grow, run concurrently to give me a perpetual harvest. I should be harvesting my first plant next week.
If those bottled nutes start giving you issues, You can always look into Megacrop. Simple all in one powdered nute that seems to do one hell of a job.
Can you get a closer picture of the Gorilla glue, where your branches meet the main stem?

That Gorilla Glue looks nice and healthy. It's just not as far along maturity wise, when she starts to stretch, watch out.

Looking back, I probably wouldn't give that white widow anymore grow nutrients. The ones that I've grown have liked being slightly pale and you're just slightly dark.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. @Dichoti, excellent recommendation, going to do some research tonight. Especially if I’m on the road sometimes and need to have my lady watch over the plants for the weekend - that’d be a nice easy soloution :)

@jingo that’s exactly where my question lies! The bottle, website, and most forums say use all 3 all at once, ALWAYS. Seems funny to be feeding bloom the first go round? Anyone have experience splitting them up and using them individually? Am I a bonehead?

And thanks for the reassurance on the glue - was hoping so as well. Just unsure on the autfower life span - does it lock into 8-9 weeks regardless, or will she keep growing as should be?

Thanks as always

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. @Dichoti, excellent recommendation, going to do some research tonight. Especially if I’m on the road sometimes and need to have my lady watch over the plants for the weekend - that’d be a nice easy soloution :)

@jingo that’s exactly where my question lies! The bottle, website, and most forums say use all 3 all at once, ALWAYS. Seems funny to be feeding bloom the first go round? Anyone have experience splitting them up and using them individually? Am I a bonehead?

And thanks for the reassurance on the glue - was hoping so as well. Just unsure on the autfower life span - does it lock into 8-9 weeks regardless, or will she keep growing as should be?

Thanks as always
My older gorilla glue is in her 10th week, and just now quit drinking a gallon a day, around the same time my 8 week old did. Both have cloudy trichomes, and should be coming down next week. I've seen people griping that their 8 week gg4s took up to 11 or 12 weeks.
I guess it's subjective to the grow environment, and not set in stone.

Thanks as always

Usually the small amounts of bloom are useful for some part of the plant growth like the roots. It's just particular minerals that might be useful. it's when you get later on in the plant's growth that you need to start reducing the grow compared to what all the schedules say. In fact with my general hydroponics nutrients I never give quite as much grow as a schedule recommends.

I believe the micro has quite a bit of nitrogen in it also and you can experiment with feeding more micro early on and less grow and then reverse the same later in flower.

Anyway, there's no problem with customizing the mix. I found if I can keep my plants slightly pale they get a lot larger and yield more.

Back