New Grower 1st Grow - White Widow + Gorilla Glue - Curious, Educated, Excited, Scared?

From a fellow newbie, try not to water as frequently as before. The new pot, tell yourself to NOT water for at least 3 days. Then check accordingly daily. This helped me and my recovering white widow has not been watered for 5 days so far but top soil is still moist and she is growing well. But due to me stunting her for around 2 weeks, she will probably not produce much if any.

I am now in a different stage, veg. So I’m sure I will again find a way to mess things up. But it all adds to the experience so it’s all good. The folks here are amazing but they are also highly demanded. They are like super heroes going around helping people in need. So I try to do more self learning and not bother/ tag them so much. Hopefully we both can be better growers to not disappoint the great people and the effort they put into guiding us.

This is such a wonderful hobby/ past time! AFN rocks and super vibes sent to your grow bud! May we end up with a good harvest and gain lotsa knowledge in the process!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 874573 View attachment 874574 View attachment 874575 View attachment 874576 Alright, fellas. Let’s use this as an experimental post now, as I have more seeds inbound.

I went out to the local awesome seed supply co and got some Fox Farm Ocean Forest!

As I was moving the gorilla glue, my dog about tabletopped me and the whole 3 gal por hit the floor. Needless to say, it removed the plant from the “soil” quite nicely.

Attached below are images of the transplant. Both are now repotted in some nice soil, with great stuff in it.

Let’s see if these babies come back to life?

Any suggestions as of now? Right back under light, or leave them to settle a bit?

I saturated the soil with pH correct water, let them hang in the sun a bit, and then softly buried up the exposed roots. I watched them for 60-120 sec and I SHIT you not they stood up nice and straight.

Won’t fully get my hopes up, but it’d be awesome if they worked out!
I grow in FFOF soil and haven't had an issue that I've noticed "yet". I'm still new and only on my 3rd grow so I'm still learning also. Just remember not to feed nutrients till like week 3. I don't feed till the plant shows sex (usually 18 to 21 days) and if you soak the soil before planting the seed (I run water through till semi clear run off and let set for 24hrs) you'll probably not have to water for almost that long. Just my opinion and seems to work.
6f8a74bbe6013390a0f93716630aee51.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm running ffof as well, It was kinda hot for my feeding schedule. Defiantly stumped 2/3 plants. I'm 3 weeks from harvest and I'm barely reaching half of my initial feed plan strength, and I'm already pushing it lol. Just be cautious, I just recommend not using ff light warrior, super unstable medium imo..

I just picked up some gorilla glue, super good make ya lazy smoke. Cheers!!

Fox Farm soil has had a few issues with their buffering. I don't know if they worked that out yet, but that was why a lot of guys weren't liking it for autos. Even when I was growing photos I would find it a little bit too hot to start some seedlings and it would actually slow them down a bit. But the whole purpose of a super soil is not to have to feed until you get into late flower if everything is planned correctly.

Well fellow green thumbs, updates! I guess I’m technically a month or so deep, but totally not accurate as to where my plants are. However, they’re growing like mad! Definitely took some transition days between repotting into new soil. Also realized I had bought fuggin miracle fro perlite, which had “plant food” mixed in - probably a big part of my issues with last soil.

It’s been a week or so since repotting into Fox Farms Ocean Forest, and my babies are back on track to life. Doubled in size, seemingly ditching the original yellowing leaves and growing lots of new ones. I feel this week will be drastic daily growth!

Gorilla glue pictured first
White widow second

E21D1D0E-181B-4E28-8C79-A0CC0D20DA1C.jpeg
5F7C9095-A963-45ED-92D9-EA1C565E4050.jpeg

Well fellow green thumbs, updates! I guess I’m technically a month or so deep, but totally not accurate as to where my plants are. However, they’re growing like mad! Definitely took some transition days between repotting into new soil. Also realized I had bought fuggin miracle fro perlite, which had “plant food” mixed in - probably a big part of my issues with last soil.

It’s been a week or so since repotting into Fox Farms Ocean Forest, and my babies are back on track to life. Doubled in size, seemingly ditching the original yellowing leaves and growing lots of new ones. I feel this week will be drastic daily growth!

Gorilla glue pictured first
White widow second

View attachment 878538 View attachment 878539
New growth looks happy.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Boom! Both girls show great new growth! Widow is tall, green, and strong. Gorilla glue is a bit shorter and smaller, and starting to get a few spots on the tips of the leaves again - but I think she’ll grow through it! No nutes yet, just water. Raised light to about 3ft from top of soil, they’re loving it. Remember it’s “1000w”.

Just glad they survived the transplant, and are back to growing and being happy! :)

White widow
35C7F09E-67BB-404C-BB03-0D953BE2ECC2.jpeg
99EDFF37-D8FD-4E86-BEA6-EC542EA63EEB.jpeg

Gorilla Glue
E5CB1609-2FDB-419A-BA53-36B8A001E7C4.jpeg

957CBC08-430E-4A34-B1AD-FCCE60D36AE2.jpeg

I feel like they THINK they’re bigger than what they are. Through the transplant and everything, obviously stunted growth. They look just like other grows, just half the size :)

Maybe they’ll just be cute little first plants! If I can smoke 1 J out of it, I’ll call it a success for the first endeavor!

The next set of leaves, I think, were developing when you made the change. I find the next set or two of leaves show some of the signs of the old problem. Well done on the recovery, you will get more than one J.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

Back