Indoor 12 seeds go in....

Nice !!!! coming on nice them at the back :) , the same aero i have kush tho i never completed my grow with mine because of the noiseyness i had with it . i look forward to seeing how you get on with it ! :)
do you ever place a piece of fabric underneath the cube for the roots to grow in before placing on the tray kush ? im thinking of doing that . and yes ! curious ears are always on my brain , i hear brushing up noises against the next door wall quite often :gassy:

Nah bud, I aim to end up with just one layer of NFT matting between the rockwool and tray.....apparently more than one layer can slow things down so I have been waiting to get their final pots ready before letting the roots grow into NFT matting.

BTW the taller bush at the back isn't a ShortStuff auto and is made up of 2 plants which together will hopefully yield about as much as the 1 Auto Gorilla OG on the left. Last time I ran it I just had one big lanky plant that yielded less than I can get off a Dr Feelgood half it's height.

I like how the ShortStuff strains I've run in NFT have all turned into nice plump bushes rather than tall towers though......much easier for me:bighug::smoking:

both trays are looking great kush ! the og's looking a right stout one aint she :cheers:!
yes im a shortstuff fan aswell ! the first were apg's i done , turned out nice !!
i have went ahead an wrapped some wetted fabric around bottom ! just have wait n see what happens ? i hoping
P1000292.JPG
the roots may be able to spread out more with the moist fabric to reach to maybe ?

both trays are looking great kush ! the og's looking a right stout one aint she :cheers:!
yes im a shortstuff fan aswell ! the first were apg's i done , turned out nice !!
i have went ahead an wrapped some wetted fabric around bottom ! just have wait n see what happens ? i hoping View attachment 676357 the roots may be able to spread out more with the moist fabric to reach to maybe ?

She's looking real nice.....she looks like she should have a good sized area when viewed from above. The bigger the area she can cover up the more able she should be to absorb photons, especially the high energy blue wavelengths to power growth.

Or at least that's how I look at them at that age. A little bigger early on might lead to a lot bigger later on:pass:

The matting should be good at wicking moisture but light down there will allow algae to grow. Can't you put them in their final pots if the roots are out the 4" blocks?

cheers ! , i take it the gorilla og is what your testing now , yes ? , cant wait to see it ! :) :pimp:

agreed the blue spectrums must act like a spring or early summers day an the further red it goes is like telling the plants its autumn an to get flowering done im thinking maybe ?

thanx for suggestion ,i would like to put the cubes in final spot but the flow is still flowing though the empty tray while not in use , ive kept the fabric moist an some of the roots have already grown through it sinse yesterday .

cheers ! , i take it the gorilla og is what your testing now , yes ? , cant wait to see it ! :) :pimp:

agreed the blue spectrums must act like a spring or early summers day an the further red it goes is like telling the plants its autumn an to get flowering done im thinking maybe ?

thanx for suggestion ,i would like to put the cubes in final spot but the flow is still flowing though the empty tray while not in use , ive kept the fabric moist an some of the roots have already grown through it sinse yesterday .

Aye, Auto Gorilla OG is one of the new strains being tested. Auto Green Crack is also in the testing thread but I got my seeds for that one by ordering Dr Feelgood from Femaleseeds.co.uk.

There is also a Auto Jedi Kush and Auto Blueberry Chemdawg on the list of new strains I want to try but I haven't scheduled them in yet. Hopefully I'll have a go at those after a grow battle that has been scheduled in for round about the time I should have an empty aeroponics system again so I can decide whether I use that or NFT to go into battle with. I think my opponent will be using DWC and the breeder will pick the strain.

I take it your res is still full of high-strength bloom nutes?

If you have a spare pump and can find some suitable plastic tubs you could make a mini NFT system like I used for RRF....

rrf0104-2.jpg

Wish I still had that little cupboard for germinating in but it was either that or my PC had to go to make a room big enough to flower stuff in. I just drilled some holes by the light and left the door open a crack......I didn't have a thermometer and as well as being my first autos that was my first grow with a pH pen.

rrf0704.jpg

Beginners luck or what?!:smoking::pass:

Attachments

• rrf1306-2.jpg
    rrf1306-2.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 117
  • rrf1306-1.jpg
    rrf1306-1.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 97
  • rrf0606-1.jpg
    rrf0606-1.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 127
  • rrf0904-01.jpg
    rrf0904-01.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 111
  • rrf0504.jpg
    rrf0504.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 108
  • rrf0104.jpg
    rrf0104.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 107
  • rrf-273.jpg
    rrf-273.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 108
sounds great all them new ones kush ! nice pics dude

i love that little system youve made ! you putting ideas in my head ! :stir: :passit:
Are you putting fabric underneath them in the small one with the seedlings in or just the cubes itself ??
I think the choice to compete best with dwc would have to be aero ide go kush ! there's more root room in them systems to get much bigger than nft ! but more work involved as you know !:meds:
nutes wise in both resivours i use every week , for main feed, i put in 2 capfulls of each of either grow or bloom A+B of house&garden aqua flakes , 30ml calmag per 40 litre res an 4 drops of dechlorinator ! an 10ml silica ( i use as my ph up !) i will list it all properly on journal soon!
The second phase of feed i add L-chain aminos acids , vitamins b&c , omega 3 , brassinolide all in small doses ! .. i have recently starting also adding malic acid to the mix as i seem to think its a major component in budcandy ?

this is some info about malic acid from wiki ) :

Malic acid, when added to food products, is denoted by E number E296. Malic acid is the source of extreme tartness in United States-produced confectionery, the so-called extreme candy. It is also used with or in place of the less sour citric acid in sour sweets. These sweets are sometimes labeled with a warning stating that excessive consumption can cause irritation of the mouth. It is approved for use as a food additive in the EU,[9] USA[10] and Australia and New Zealand[11] (where it is listed by its INS number 296)

thats my method of madness ! i want some " candy" in with my toke and not have to waste my cash ! :jointman:

by the way that bud bud ! is massive haha ! nice one ! :goauto:

You have so much on the go Kush! I'm so Jealous!

It's probably about 2 years to the day I ordered my first seeds because I had bugger all on the go. Hang in there bud and just try to avoid mistakes.

As for not doing res changes... Doesn't do any favours for flavour or growth and nutes are cheaper than bud so I try to do them as often as I can manage. Sometimes it's not every week but after a couple of weeks I'd be thinking I'd had my monies worth out a res full of nutrient solution even if things look fine.

:pass:

Back