Indoor 12 seeds go in....

picture speaks better lol
P1000198.JPG

nice project your doing there kushnft! , gaining a nice area there , what growing method are you thinking of using in the space ? if your tight for space running nft there are these handy sg225 gully you can get , youve probably seen them ,( thats what im running at min )
2 sg225 gullys will fit between a garland titan garden tray (55cm ) , that enables me to have 2 separate segmented timing grows running off the same resivour , with a piece of different thicknesses wood either end used for a fall . i sized down to these from the nutriculture type an they work great .

I have 4 little NFT systems in my current space :
room0311.jpg

Those NFT systems fit between the beams in the new space and I have an Amazon aeroponics system which I want to try but it's too big to go in the new space so I'm going to move stuff around.

The new space isn't very tall but hopefully it will be big enough for Dr Feelgood in NFT and in my old space I can try to grow even bigger ones with aeroponics and hopefully fogponics too. Doubt I'll run all 5 systems at once but will have some variety in there too.

Looks like you've got your setup pretty sorted. Do you have a journal somewhere?

:pass:

looking great kush !¬ , looks like you got ample space to work with ,i have got to admire the work your putting in keeping the reses topped up ect .....
i agree adding more variety of strains are great hey ! ,your not waiting 3 months to see if one type is gunna be dank enough or not so .....
i have a few aeros . nutricuture an platinum but have noise issues with . , ive read alot about the fogponic method but read alot of people saying the foggers dont last along time ?
myself kush i doni have a journal at min , i may start one in the future tho ,ive got a rhino ryder and an critical ogre im gunna be running next ......... ive posted photos of grow but get abit paranoid an deleat them as meds are not legal here yet , i hope they start seeing sense sometime soon an legalize like whole continents like austraila have ect .......cheers kush keep up the good work !

Time to catch up here.....

The 1st 3 Auto Green Crack seeds I soaked in water for a day then put them on top of an amplifier in wet tissue for another couple of days looked like this on Wednesday when I was able to get Root Riot cubes:
seeds0912-1.jpg

Forgot to take a pic before I put the first one in root riot but it was the furthest along and trying to get the shell off so I guess that one could have done with transplanting sooner.

The blocks then got placed in a tub with a 125W cfl over it and I took some pics of other stuff I got to help with the next stage of getting a res set up for them:

seeds0912-2.jpg

New pH pen because they don't last for ever due to a semi-porous interface.

seeds0912-3.jpg

And a water heater so I can get res temps up a bit if I need to.

By this point I already had more beans doing the initial soak in water thing but I didn't like having stuff downstairs so tried skipping the bit where I had them on an amp to hoping that it would be warm enough in the propagator as it's a fairly steady 22-23 degrees under the CFL which is on 24/7. These ones just went straight into root riot:
seeds0912-4.jpg

Notice one of the mystery beans a mate bred (regular photo periods) sank straight away and the rest floated, at least for a while - does that mean anything? Not that it matters as I have no use for anything that sprouts out of them, it's just the autos I want to grow out.

And finally some good news.....
seeds0912-5.jpg

Sorry for the poor focus - I wasn't really paying attention to the camera:woohoo: That's the 3 Auto Green Cracks.

The one I thought went too long in the paper towel is on the left but you can't see much in that shot so I'll try for a better shot.

And I think you guys could be right about the speed the roots get through Root Riot.....
seeds0912-6.jpg

I think I better get on with soaking 4" rockwool blocks to put them in and fast!

Thanks again @jok81 , @GoAuto6 and @KoriN606 . I think it's safe to say my first impression of the root riot cubes has been a good one and you guys steered me that way:thanks:

man i am really glad you had a good start with them, i have never used anything else but Rapid rooters/Root riot to start my seedlings, and 99% of the time i have had no issues with them

Now lets see them green crack ladies grow !! :greenthumb::jointman:

great job kush ! the seedlings way theyve popped up ! look top draw ! impressive the way the root has shot through the bottom , very nice ! i follow the exact same method you used with cubes sitting in sandwich box an cover ( pic ), i have put an auto critical ogre and a rhino ryder in my box under a 2ft t5 today so maybe there a day odd behind yours .
agreed kush the ph pens, my last essentials 1 lasted a year almost to the day !
like the adjustable heater thing mate ! thats an advantage in the colder months or colder areas hey mate !
nice growing kush!

Attachments

• P1000203.JPG
    P1000203.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 129
man i am really glad you had a good start with them, i have never used anything else but Rapid rooters/Root riot to start my seedlings, and 99% of the time i have had no issues with them

Now lets see them green crack ladies grow !! :greenthumb::jointman:

Cheers bud, I'm only planning on growing 1 of them out in NFT myself but hopefully it will end up being pretty much as big as the Auto Gorilla OG I have going in the current ShortStuff testing thread. The rest can go to a mate with an empty room so he can grow them in NFT:smoking:

great job kush ! the seedlings way theyve popped up ! look top draw ! impressive the way the root has shot through the bottom , very nice ! i follow the exact same method you used with cubes sitting in sandwich box an cover ( pic ), i have put an auto critical ogre and a rhino ryder in my box under a 2ft t5 today so maybe there a day odd behind yours .
agreed kush the ph pens, my last essentials 1 lasted a year almost to the day !
like the adjustable heater thing mate ! thats an advantage in the colder months or colder areas hey mate !
nice growing kush!

Aye, cheers bud, was well chuffed when I saw the roots.

Maybe one day I'll have an LED panel I can hang low enough to use like that....I hope to turn the new area I just created into somewhere I can try out LED, hopefully by next summer as I might be tempted by a photoperiod run if I'm still running HPS then.

My old pH pen still appears to work fine but it says it's only good for 1 test per day for a year and I have up to 4 reservoirs I try to check twice a day so it's well past it's design life. A new one is peace of mind if nothing else however watching this video might help understand why replacing them regularly is a good idea....

:pass:

After all the horror of watching seeds drown in cold water I think we deserve a little eye candy.....

seeds0912-7.jpg

And a closer look at the one still struggling to open....

seeds0912-8.jpg

5 Dr. Feelgood seeds now soaking in a glass of water:cheers::kitty:

brilliant photography !
ive been in the same boat where the husk is attached the the end like yours there , sometimes ive been able to pull it from end with finger nails as long as it was mature enough to and not still a living part of the seedling . great job

Last edited by a moderator:
brilliant photography !
ive been in the same boat where the husk is attached the the end like yours there , sometimes ive been able to pull it from end with finger nails as long as it was mature enough to and not still a living part of the seedling . great job

Cheers bud...it's nice when hobbies compliment one another. Hopefully one day I'll be as confident growing as I am taking pictures as I've been at that a lot longer. Not as long as I've been smoking it though... There's always been a little baggie of patience and inspiration in my camera bag:smoking::pass:

Back