Indoor Zambeza Seeds Monster Test Thread

I've been sorting through my pictures and found this

d48970d2add1059c7bbaea98a91d496e.jpg

So she started out healthy enough. Then I put in the Pebbles and they were used and I didn't sterilize them so it's possible that I've got some kind of infection. However, I didn't see any problems with my last plants that I grew with those Pebbles so I don't know.

I still believe it's phosphorus Def. I can pull a leaf from my plant tomorrow and post a pic..I have the same discolouration on my plant. My ph was to high for a week. But I'm not a worm.and don't dig soil. All hydro and pretty clueless regarding soil.
If it progresses you most likely have a pH issue..
Ore maybe.
Wet, compact soil or overwatering can trigger a phosphorus deficiency to appear even when all other factors are perfect.
[emoji6]
But like I said. I don't dig soil.
[emoji3]

Last edited:
after double checking, I agree its phosphorus deficiency. 1 cause fits, seeing other plants don't have this issue, root rot, a pythium infection. You might be able to fix it with Hydroguard, I can't say as I haven't only recently started using it.

I'm in Coco so my pH should be at my input. I usually go for 5.8-6.1 max. I've bought a new pH meter and checked it against my backup manual meter and done a two point calibration.
I still believe it's phosphorus Def. I can pull a leaf from my plant tomorrow and post a pic..I have the same discolouration on my plant. My ph was to high for a week. But I'm not a worm.and don't dig soil. All hydro and pretty clueless regarding soil.
If it progresses you most likely have a pH issue..
Ore maybe.
Wet, compact soil or overwatering can trigger a phosphorus deficiency to appear even when all other factors are perfect.
[emoji6]
But like I said. I don't dig soil.
[emoji3]
I'll pull that plant out and have a look at the roots. I do use sm-90 which I feel is superior to hydroguard.
after double checking, I agree its phosphorus deficiency. 1 cause fits, seeing other plants don't have this issue, root rot, a pythium infection. You might be able to fix it with Hydroguard, I can't say as I haven't only recently started using it.

Well you guys were right with @ pop22 being on target. I found an odd discolored layer in my Coco below which The Roots haven't really grown. They should actually it filled this pot by now they just haven't.

28cd90fa1ef3d4d00b86df0d0df6b888.jpg

So the plant has gone into the bin and I think I'm going to start another seed and I'll put that one in to a felt bag. It's been a very long time since I've grown in hard-sided pots and I guess I was a little bit more confident in the coco than I should have been.

After a little consideration I think I'm going to ditch the rapid start. It's about seven months old and I have successfully used it for a year open bottle, in the past but I just wonder if maybe it hasn't gone bad.

Ok folks came home and checked and she had 6 more balls sprouting up so I cut her off at her base and tossed her.. one hermied and one that sprouted and died.. this concludes my testing of Zambeza seeds as I do not have time left to grow another..

Last edited:
Ok folks came home and checked and she had 6 more balls sprouting up so I cut her off at her base and tossed her.. one hermied and one that sprouted and died.. this concludes my testing of Zambeza seeds as I do not have time left to grow another..
damn sorry to hear that Ripper:sad:

Back