Outdoor Winter outdoor grow??

Reaction score
Alright guys so awhile back I posted about maybe growing in a tree and if anyone had done it turns out @Sviticos posted an awesome thread about it so it got me thinking could one possibly setup a greenhouse outdoors in a pine tree and grow during winter? I'm sure yield would be low due to the sun but will it even survive? This brings me to my next question what is the most ingenious way of growing you have seen on this forum? I don't participate but I enjoy reading through your guys forum you guys are truly some of the best growers out there.

To me the logistics of getting even a growbag/seedling and then over the season enuff water - UP A TREE - really ? And you want to put an entire greenhouse up one ?

Now I'm all for a bit of the weird n wacky but greenhouses up trees in winter... the best one I've heard of is a self watering pot system whereby you could just float your plants into whatever natural pond you have << now that would be cool lillies n weed ha ha.

To me the logistics of getting even a growbag/seedling and then over the season enuff water - UP A TREE - really ? And you want to put an entire greenhouse up one ?

Now I'm all for a bit of the weird n wacky but greenhouses up trees in winter... the best one I've heard of is a self watering pot system whereby you could just float your plants into whatever natural pond you have << now that would be cool lillies n weed ha ha.
The tree thing has been done it is pretty simple there is a thread already on here about it and the plants grew great. I saw one of a platform built on a tree what would be the issue with a small 2x2 greenhouse in a tree? May be wacky but seems reasonable.

cool, get the chest waders out, grow in an environment where you will be the only human

ever see what trees go through in high winds, the worry would make it no fun for me

I also would worry about visibility compared to plants on the ground blending in

I also would worry about visibility compared to plants on the ground blending in
Visibility wouldn't be a issue depending on tree height from the ground. It was just an idea as I'm sure I can't be the only one that has thought of it. Here's the link to the post of the guy who grew in a tree this is what got me thinking if u bought a mini greenhouse then built a platform between 2 trees could it work during winter?
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/treetop-auto-2016.53218/

Visibility wouldn't be a issue depending on tree height from the ground. It was just an idea as I'm sure I can't be the only one that has thought of it. Here's the link to the post of the guy who grew in a tree this is what got me thinking if u bought a mini greenhouse then built a platform between 2 trees could it work during winter?
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/treetop-auto-2016.53218/
once you figured out the lodgistics of building it, I'm sure it would work if your environment was warm enough during winter. Even if it's not cold enough to kill the plants, prolonged cold would severely depress them. So, your local climate would be the determining factor here

Trying tree cultivation in winters here would be the easiest way to find out how one makes lil weedcicles. Below freezing and windy is the usual. However climate change has certainly altered weather patterns. It is november and yesterday it had to be in the mid 90's. I actually could have grown some wicked peppers in this extended summer.

Back