Indoor Window sill grow

Yeah, I got one that was a mix up. Hadn't planned on doing a photo this year but gonna try keeping her going and use as a mother for some back deck bud stalks.

Yeah, it's either a mixup or the weather/sunlight. I suppose I'll find out in a week or three... :biggrin:

Already have five cuttings from this girl so if I do any more topping, those extra cuts will be going in the fridge for later maybe...

The first of the five cuttings I took from the original Dr Jack "Auto" is 17 days old. I'm pretty sure it has rooted now, and have popped it on the windowsill. She looks a bit droopy, but in fairness her sisters in the propagator and her tall mum are droopy too. It's just what this one does when there's no direct sunlight.
:rolleyes:
Importantly, she's not wilting. Reckon she'll harden off a bit by the window and then I'll look to pot up into her final. This will most likely be 5 or 7.5 litres rather than the 11 litres her mum is in. This and the other clones will be trained heavily to keep a low profile.

I'm switching the heat mat off on her mum today, as despite the crap weather so far this "summer", temperatures are fairly warm so little risk of chilly roots.

dr-jack-clone-day-17.jpg

Well the little clone is back in the propagator today. Looked very sorry for herself when I checked on her just now. Not as bad as last time I tried this, but still clearly unhappy. Maybe I'll just do half a day in, half out for the next wee while to try and toughen her up a bit.

Checked light hours in my area and got about a month and a half till we drop below 13hrs a day.....guess I need to get off my butt and start cloning if I'm going to be ready, lol.

Checked light hours in my area and got about a month and a half till we drop below 13hrs a day.....guess I need to get off my butt and start cloning if I'm going to be ready, lol.

A whole two months to go here.....early September before daylight is below 13.5 hours.

Odd thing is, I did a bunch of clones last year of this strain (Gorilla Bomb- Bomb Seeds) and even though they were passed out middle of May, by solstice in June they were all into flower with most being done before the end of Aug.........Going from 20-on and 4-off they got triggered by the 14 hrs of daylight.

That makes sense. I had similar with a couple of autos I was growing on 24-0. I cut the light to 20-4 and they started flowering, So increased darkness can act as a trigger, which helps if running out of headroom... :biggrin:

Not sure it's going to work though... Was sitting out there last on the deck in the dark and neighbor turned his new porch light on....fair amount of light pollution onto my deck. Went from near total darkness to being able to count each toe.... guess all I can do is try.

Hm, yeah that could be a problem. Maybe if you erect a screen of some kind to block light pollution?

Day 63 for Dr Jack "Auto".

She's just vegging away. I keep imagining I see pre-flowers and then they turn out to be leaf buds. Certainly no pistils showing at all.

I'm still assuming she is, in fact, an autoflower. Just a late and/or stubborn one. She really should be in flower by now, end of week nine. However I have to acknowledge the environment has not been ideal for a Sativa heavy strain, and she's been hacked about a lot. I read elsewhere about autos taking six months to flower if conditions are poor, eg. not enough sun, cool temperatures, etc. So I'm prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt.

She is getting too big. Again. Healthy enough now, but way too conspicuous to sit by the window. So I'm going to have to get a bit brutal with this girl I'm afraid. I will shortly be chopping her down to a more manageable size. I'll also prune all remaining growing tips. If she survives this savagery, I am hoping for a more compact, bushy plant - or as much as can be expected from a stretchy Sativa.

Also at the window today are two of her daughters. I took the cover off the propagator last night, and placed three out of the five clones at the window - basically the ones that did not wilt. However the first clone started to wilt in the sunshine, whereas these two seem to be loving it. I think I left too many leaves on the first clone, so she couldn't sustain the level of transpiration. I've now removed two lower large fan leaves and she's back in the propagator to recuperate for a bit. She'll join her sisters once recovered.

I will prepare a number of cuttings from the mum - might as well. But I'm not sure I have space for them all just now, so might pop them in the fridge for a bit until I know what to do with them.

Excuse a couple of pics that are a bit out of focus - using flash to fill in seems to throw the autofocus out sometimes...

dr-jack-day-63.jpegdr-jack-day-63-cloeup-2.jpegdr-jack-day-63-cloeup.jpegdr-jack-clones-day-14.jpeg

Back