Mephisto Genetics White Triangle & Sour Blues with Biotabs and Autopots

Update day 38(ish) perhaps.

Abuse: So the Sour Blues does not wanna stop growing, but my white triangle has the bud sites and structure that i like. And some of my favourite smoke.
I couldn't leave poor White Triangle on "second best lighting arrangement" .... Ideally i'd slam another light over it lower down .... but i dont have one lol

Here's the wrath of Blue:

(sorry sour blues)
full

(i need your canopy to me more like this)
full

Seeing some wierd variagation on a couple of the budsite leaves ..... Not worried :D

Newsflash :D It seems coco requires a bit more prep on the biotabs! ^_^

I'm not sure why i'd go back to coco if the results come good in soil - I went to coco initially as it's inert and what i feed it is what the plants get (or so i thought) - made things simpler in my mind ... but now!??! Healthy happy plants with no stress! I'm back to the soil!

Update in a few minutes:

Abuse DID happen!

I am not a soil person, never have been...Never will be. I could NEVER pull off the yields I do in 2 gal pots of soil. And I don't like bugs, soil can be full of bugs. I will say Biotabs will work better in soil tho. But my nute fed plants in Coco are much bigger and healthier than the Biotabs fed plants.

FWIW, Kees from Biotabs told me specifically to crush a tablet when using Coco. Without crushing one up, they do not work fast enough for the plant when in Coco. Maybe you should ask Kees or another member of the Biotabs crew if you have questions. The plants that I started crushing a tablet in are much larger. But again, I am using Coco...And the developer of Biotabs himself is the source of the advice. I think Biotabs have a lot of potential and will make a lot of people very happy. However, I have been growing for 20 years and I am not sure that Biotabs will pull the same yields that I am used to. Feeding just water is amazing and reduces labor by a ton. Unfortunately it Will take more experimenting to dial Biotabs into Coco. Good luck

I do appreciate the advice and warning. How well do you crush up the one tab and do you sprinkle it throughout the medium or leave in one place?

Minor Update: Day 39

9 hours after the super cropping, the main cola site has stayed down (still horizontal) - the side branches have all grow 3-4 inches to just above where the bend is.
24 hours after super cropping, the bend still horizontal but the cola now vertical (sweet) - The canopy is even.

There's a good 10 inch in heigh difference in the 2 plant canopies - but it's better than is would have been if i'd have let it run.

Operation Supercrop = Success. :D

Looking good Blue! I'd like to follow along, good info here. :pop:
Thanks Roasty! It's my first try with Autopots and Biotabs!!

I'm keeping it as simple as possible with no ammendments on this run - just water and biotabs

Fingers crossed for an awesome finish!! :d5:

lol look, if your going to crush them guys just dont let the tap root touch the stuff. that simple. and iideally you really would want to have it blend into the soil. kinda like cooking a soil batch except its only about a week in most mediums kept properly moist. thats a bit more of a safe way to do it. but by the time the tap root gets there if you crumble it up on the outside of the rim or just leave a hole where the tap root can go easily with little particles in its way. just be weary of the leaching of the foods out of the medium since you will be changing the dissolving timeframes.

Day 43 - Luxury Photos.

Both:
full

White Triangle
full

Sour Blues
full

Sour blues didn't stop growing .... well over a meter tall. Tallest auto i've had so far.
Lesson to the wise - Look into strain heights before sticking 2 in a small space. It's counter productive having 2 a wildly different heights with only one light to share between them.

Solution: get another light for the lower plant.

Thanks for stopping by :d5:

:pass:

Back