Mephisto Genetics White Triangle & Sour Blues with Biotabs and Autopots

It sounds like that is the ideal solution. (and no lol ... depsite having epson salts and a bottle, i honestly had not even considered it lol).
Next grow from about day 30 i'll get some at the ready!

It's a good tip. As i was debating whether i should add extra liquid cal to the rez ... but wasn't keen on the idea for a few reasons.

hvlp-spray-gun-shooting-broad-spray.jpg

TAKE THAT!! :rofl:

:thanks:
I know some that work dolomite lime into their substrate and it had lots of cal/mag in it. Just have to be careful of pH shift.

I know some that work dolomite lime into their substrate and it had lots of cal/mag in it. Just have to be careful of pH shift.

Yeah i tried that before (years ago) it wasn't my cup of tea as it seemed so final and unquantifiable (lol - cleverclogs word) - that give me nerves! Epson Salt spray seems much more (ummm) friendly!

Looking good Blue! Not sure if epsom will help with cal, think it's got mag and sulphur. I'm having the same issue in my garden. Just upped the cal/mag in my res.

The problem with dolomite is it takes a while to work so better mixed in when prepping your dirt before use.

@blue Try top dressing with kelp meal and oyster shell meal.

For foliars I use a mix of ful-power, coconut, and aloe powder on the days the girls get fed with the same.

A lot of times when people say they have a cal mag deficiency it's actually a lack of Nitrogen............so make sure.

Awesome grow BTW. :d5:

I had Calmag issues with Biotabs too, but I use Coco. Biotabs has a product for Calmag issues now, but I do not have it. It is a natural silica type product I believe. I am not going to waste anymore seeds or Biotabs until I get something to help with the issues...It is just a waste. I use cobs, so that just adds fuel to the fire.

Day 59 Update

Sour Blues at 140-150cm stopped stretch.

full

The White triangle is now completely hidden and pretty much finished. Gonna keep them going for another week or two before turning off the light and rez and letting them dry.

Hope you like!
tada!

:toke:

Day 59 Update

Sour Blues at 140-150cm stopped stretch.

full

The White triangle is now completely hidden and pretty much finished. Gonna keep them going for another week or two before turning off the light and rez and letting them dry.

Hope you like!
tada!

:toke:
I'm amazed sometimes by the differences in strains. Yours at 59 days and mine at 55 look completely different. I rarely get the quick finishing strains. ;)

It's Finished! :D

Okay .. So i didn't take any more photos because not much really changed.
The results are a mixed bag of sweet and sour .... so I'll break it into 2 sections.

1. The Genetics.
Superb .. as always! It's my third time growing White Triange and i keep saying it, but it's such a Triumph! Such a great flavour and terps and high (clean and crisp!)!
It's my first time growing Sour Blues, and it's very nice (different!) for me it tastes kinda Churchy in an old scholl incense way - more earthy!

The white triangle grew to an expected height of about 3 feet.
The Sour blues grew like crazy - would have been 180cm if not super cropped.

2. The Grow with Biotabs
Preface: I ONLY used 2 biotabs with White Trainge and 3 Biotabs with Sour Blues ... and only Water ... nothing else (in biobiz light mix soil). I used LEDS.

The Good:
Super easy - Just pop em in at day 20 and add water to the rez.
Healthy for a good while.
The taste of organic weed (after growing with chems for years) - is clearly better.

The Bad:
If you've grown with a chem lineup for a while, using Just biotabs alone (in my early experience) wont get you firm plump buds that you may be used to.
Developed what seemed to be a cal/mag issue from day 40ish

Recommendations.
It would seem to me that using an organic bloom booster and PK booster may help get those buds fattening and more dense.
I had no problem with my start .... but will try their "startrex" as an added precaution.
An epsom salts spray my be all that's required to stave of the cal/mag issues ... but there' maybe a better alternative with a soil ammendment (not sure @Eyes on Fire )

To see some people who may (definately) already know how to rock a grow or rock organics that are using biotabs visit the biotabs sub-forums here or click their names and check their threads

@Eyes on Fire @FullDuplex

If you need any specific details about biotabs or the company hit up @Biotabs F69 , he's a nice chap and super grower with a cool setup.

I'll be trying it again. I'm super happy with the taste - i just need them to get way fatter :rofl: .... lotta fluff!!

:d5:

Last edited:
It's Finished! :D

Okay .. So i didn't take any more photos becau.se not much really changed.
The results are a mixed bag of sweet and sour .... so I'll break it into 2 sections.

1. The Genetics.
Superb .. as always! It's my third time growing White Triange and i keep saying it, but it's such a Triumph! Such a great flavour and terps and high (clean and crisp!)!
It's my first time growing Sour Blues, and it's very nice (different!) for me it tastes kinda Churchy in an old scholl incense way - more earthy!

The white triangle grew to an expected height of about 3 feet.
The Sour blues grew like crazy - would have been 180cm if not super cropped.

2. The Grow with Biotabs
Preface: I ONLY used 2 biotabs with White Trainge and 3 Biotabs with Sour Blues ... and only Water ... nothing else (in biobiz light mix soil). I used LEDS.

The Good:
Super easy - Just pop em in at day 20 and add water to the rez.
Healthy for a good while.
The taste of organic weed (after growing with chems for years) - is clearly better.

The Bad:
If you've grown with a chem lineup for a while, using Just biotabs alone (in my early experience) wont get you firm plump buds that you may be used to.
Developed what seemed to be a cal/mag issue from day 40ish

Recommendations.
I would seem to me that using an organic bloom booster and PK booster may help get those buds fattening and more dense.
I had no problem with my start .... but will try their "startrex" as an added precaution.
An epsom salts spray my be all that's required to stave of the cal/mag issues ... but there' maybe a better alternative with a soil ammendment (not sure @Eyes on Fire )

To see some people who may (definately) already know how to a grow or rock organics that are using biotabs visit the biotabs sub-forums here or click their names and check their threads

@Eyes on Fire @FullDuplex

If you need any specific details about biotabs or the company hit up @Biotabs F69 , he's a nice chap and super grower with a cool setup.

I'll be trying it again. I'm super happy with the taste - i just need them to get way fatter :rofl: .... lotta fluff!!

:d5:

Good work!
They do have a liquid pk booster now just FYI
Cheers Mitch

Good work!
They do have a liquid pk booster now just FYI
Cheers Mitch

Cheers Mitch, I'm already all over it with mr Biotabs :rofl:
Will be hitting them with that along with Canna Boost next time.

Fingers crossed i've got some White Triangle beans left (think it do) . ... I'll be just doing the one plant under the one light next time - got too crowded in there!

Thanks again for all the advice!
Viva Mephisto!
:D

Back